Bay Country Shore Thing Goose Call

Honk!

Bay Country Shore Thing Goose Call

Postby NorCalWaterfowl » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:28 pm

I have heard nothing but great things about this call on the internet and I would like to get it but I haven't actually got the chance to listen to it. Can someone send me a link or file for a sound clip of it please, that would be great, thanks! :duck:
NorCalWaterfowl

Re: Bay Country Shore Thing Goose Call

Postby assateague » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:16 pm

At about the 1:00 mark he starts calling a bit. Bear in mind, in this video he's only really trying to show one or two notes.

This video is a little better, sound quality-wise. This also is a Shore Thing.

As has been said, though, there are many different preferences, and the way you run a call may not work out for a particular call that works for someone else. That being said, in my opinion the Shore Thing takes about half as much air as any other short reed I've used. If you can't get it to run right, you're probably putting too much air through it rather than vice versa.
assateague

Postby RonE » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:33 pm

The garage acoustics in the first video were incredible, the second video was a fashion statement in and of itself. :thumbsup:
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Rick » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:28 am

You're talking about a fellow who's also worn suit and sat on the edge of the stage while competing. Trever can run hell out of a call, but Trever don't give a shit about much else. Working for Lynch Mob now and, last I heard, goose hunts with a self made flute type call.
Rick

Postby assateague » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:33 am

No, he doesn't. There are some that like him, but occasionally they're hard to find.

And Rick just brought up another thing. To the OP, you may want to try an Eastern Shoreman. Though it looks like a flute, it isn't. Not sure if you specifically want a short reed, but even if you do, it's a good call to have. Pretty cheap (around $50), and very, very deep tones, unlike any short reed.
assateague

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:19 pm

Rick wrote:You're talking about a fellow who's also worn suit and sat on the edge of the stage while competing. Trever can run hell out of a call, but Trever don't give a shit about much else. Working for Lynch Mob now and, last I heard, goose hunts with a self made flute type call.

That is one of my favorite competition videos. Lost to Brad Allen if I remember correctly.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby rebelp74 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:18 pm

Best short reed ever made, imo.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Return to Goose Hunting Forum