Good Comparison

Honk!

Good Comparison

Postby assateague » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:40 am

This reminds me why I like my Eastern Shoreman. While a short reed is nice and responsive, I don't think they can touch the goose sound of an Eastern Shoreman. I don't think you can see the comments here, so here's what he's calling on, in order:

Bay Country- clucker guts
Bay Country- flyway x guts
Lynch Mob Slipknot Hybrid
Eastern Shoreman
Mac Island M10
Freestyle Duck Call
Allan Stanley Deceiver
Echo Poly Timber

assateague

Re: Good Comparison

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:57 am

Interesting Assateague, Some sounds from those calls just were not goose. I did hear a very accurate distinctive quack from the Allen Stanley(I believe) that was very realistic, although I didn't appreciate the top of that call as much.

Why the Ostrich Picture? I asked somewhere else and they said you were an Emu hunter. Care to elaborate?
Spoken to MuddyWaterWarlock
aunt betty wrote:This is personal. You are a douchebag.
Hey douche, when a seeds sprouts roots...what is it called?

Spoken to 3Leg
aunt betty wrote:You are one of them dipshits who wants to tell me how to build a clock cuz I asked for the correct time.
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby Goldfish » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:05 pm

I'll have to watch this when I get home. I've been on the hunt for anther goose call. I've got a C&S Die Hard Apostle because it was cheap (poly call) and he's a local good guy but man does it take a lot of work to run. I learned a short reed on the call so I've come to like it, and it seems a bit lower toned than most I try which is odd for it being such a short call, but I think it's time to find something else that is a little more novice friendly. I've been having a tough time finding a call that doesn't sound like a cackler to me.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby assateague » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:09 pm

It's good to hear the differences. By no means covers a large chunk (or even a small chunk) of the calls available, but it's a lot easier to hear the differences than any other video I've seen.

I shot an emu once. Called it in with a 5-gallon bucket. Long story.
assateague

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:16 pm

assateague wrote:It's good to hear the differences. By no means covers a large chunk (or even a small chunk) of the calls available, but it's a lot easier to hear the differences than any other video I've seen.

I shot an emu once. Called it in with a 5-gallon bucket. Long story.

You are a wild and crazy guy! We will have to party together!!!! Was the bucket full of feed or what?
Spoken to MuddyWaterWarlock
aunt betty wrote:This is personal. You are a douchebag.
Hey douche, when a seeds sprouts roots...what is it called?

Spoken to 3Leg
aunt betty wrote:You are one of them dipshits who wants to tell me how to build a clock cuz I asked for the correct time.
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby Goldfish » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:30 pm

The bucket was the call
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:05 pm

This isn't to discredit any calls out there.

Where I am located, we get no cacklers(that I am aware) but I think my higher pitched calls land more geese than my goosey ones. I almost never use a goosey call anymore unless I'm just playing around in the garage. It's probably just my area, but for me, low and goosey just isn't what puts the feet on the ground(at least better IMO) With all this said, I'm glad it is this way because I am not very good on any of those lower pitched calls that take a lot of air, but I do love the sounds more because the higher cackler calls don't really sound like a goose to me.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Return to Goose Hunting Forum