Hybrid

Honk!

Re: Hybrid

Postby Olly » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Check this one out at the local Park.

uploadfromtaptalk1394389892560.jpg

Canada body, orange feet and Bill.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:33 pm

uploadfromtaptalk1394390025924.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:54 pm

I was looking at pictures this afternoon and it looks like a Canada/domestic graylag cross.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby banknote » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:01 pm

Olly wrote:I was looking at pictures this afternoon and it looks like a Canada/domestic graylag cross.

That's what I've deduced via other people's deductions elsewhere on the web, which is good enough for me in this particular instance.

I saw one of them yesterday in flight right after some shots were fired up the beach. It was missing quite a few flight feathers but keeping up with the flock.
banknote

Postby Goldfish » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:43 am

So what you are saying is that you actually tried to shoot it the other day, but covered your tracks with "I just couldn't pull the trigger"
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby aunt betty » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:33 am

There is more than one kind of hunter.
A hunter...will take opportunity by the balls and not hesitate to shoot a deer that pops out of the grass while pheasant hunting. Its all about meat to a hunter.
Then there is the "sportman". He insists the hunt must be fair chase and if a coyote or rabbit runs under his stand won't kill it cuz he's hunting deer.
Then there's the guy who pays to kill stuff and that's all he cares about is limiting his time afield and getting his trophy.

It takes all kinds. There is a certain amount of controversy associated with the sport we call hunting.

Don't be judging.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Rick » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:55 pm

aunt betty wrote:Then there is the "sportman". He insists the hunt must be fair chase and if a coyote or rabbit runs under his stand won't kill it cuz he's hunting deer.

Then there's the dumb ass who'll shoot the coyote or rabbit and lessen his chances of killing the deer he wanted.
Rick

Previous

Return to Goose Hunting Forum