Hybrid

Honk!

Hybrid

Postby banknote » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:03 pm

This guy is hanging out behind my house with what I think is a mix of westerns and Taverners, but I'm not much good at subspecies ID beyond avoiding Duskies. Obviously some sort of Canada hybrid, a quick glance around the web suggests domestic. Any other ideas?

If he's around when shooting opens on Saturday, I may have to take a closer look.

hybrid_goose_crop_01.jpg

hybrid_goose_crop_02.jpg

hybrid_goose_crop_03.jpg

hybrid_goose_crop_04.jpg

hybrid_goose_crop_05.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
banknote

Re: Hybrid

Postby Tiler_J » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:22 pm

Looks just like this one down at our neighborhood pond. Part domestic.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby AKPirate » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:34 pm

Looks like something crossed with a White fronted goose
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby 3geese4me » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:57 pm

Ross/canada/specklebelly
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby banknote » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:04 pm

Tiler_J wrote:Looks just like this one down at our neighborhood pond. Part domestic.

They do look pretty close.

I just got a look at him on land and his body appears to be more slender than the Canadas.
banknote

Postby Woody » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:27 pm

banknote wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:Looks just like this one down at our neighborhood pond. Part domestic.

I just got a look at him on land and his body appears to be more slender than the Canadas.

It's clearly a Canada with that disease Michel Jackson had.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby banknote » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:29 pm

Woody wrote:
banknote wrote:

It does have kind of a high pitched voice.
banknote

Postby Tiler_J » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:29 pm

Woody wrote:
banknote wrote:

Pedophilia?
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby banknote » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:31 pm

Tiler_J wrote:
Woody wrote:
banknote wrote:

Pedophilia?

Goose!
banknote

Postby Bufflehead » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:39 pm

It's got orange feet. Go shoot that thing before it creates another "rare" subspecies of Pacific flyway goose.
Bufflehead

Postby Tiler_J » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:53 pm

Your Pedo-Goose looks like our barn goose/Canada goose here. It also has a smaller body than the other Canada geese in the pond and has orange feet. I'd shoot it.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby RonE » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:03 pm

banknote wrote:This guy is hanging out behind my house with what I think is a mix of westerns and Taverners, but I'm not much good at subspecies ID beyond avoiding Duskies. Obviously some sort of Canada hybrid, a quick glance around the web suggests domestic. Any other ideas?

If he's around when shooting opens on Saturday, I may have to take a closer look.

hybrid_goose_crop_01.jpg

hybrid_goose_crop_02.jpg

hybrid_goose_crop_03.jpg

hybrid_goose_crop_04.jpg

hybrid_goose_crop_05.jpg

Some type of Hybrid........Choot It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby banknote » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:37 pm

So you guys think I should shoot it?
banknote

Postby Tiler_J » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:48 pm

banknote wrote:So you guys think I should shoot it?

It's a goose, right? Hell yeah!
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:51 pm

Shoot it before pgquackstacker does.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:54 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:

Shoot it before pgquackstacker does.

Bahaha, funny cause it's true
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby banknote » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:27 pm

I'll try.

Guy on our local board shot this one a couple weeks ago.
banknote

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:04 am

Why is it still swimming near your house? Shoot it.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Tiler_J » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:58 pm

So? What happened Bank? Did you throw a little chlorine in the goose gene pool and kill this hybrid pedo-goose?
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby banknote » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:53 pm

I haven't seen it since Wednesday, late afternoon, after shooting time was over in this zone.

I live in the Oregon NW Permit Zone for geese, which requires every hunter to pass an ID test, as well as buy a daily harvest report card, and only allows hunting from Saturday through Wednesday, 7:30am-3:30pm. And we have to check our geese in at a regional check station, where they keep tabs on numbers for all the subspecies. Only 3 cacklers and Aleutians in aggregate/day out of a 4 goose limit, and only 1 dusky per season, after which you lose your goose permit and have to take the test again for the next season. There are also season quotas for the duskies, and once they are filled, all goose hunting in that particular sub-zone is closed. I don't really goose hunt because it's too much of a goddamn hassle, but I'm willing to shoot them in my backyard and drive 5 miles to the check station on the other side of the island, which I will attempt to do tomorrow morning, whether the king-of-pop-pedo-goose shows or not.
banknote

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:55 pm

banknote wrote:I haven't seen it since Wednesday, late afternoon, after shooting time was over in this zone.

I live in the Oregon NW Permit Zone for geese, which requires every hunter to pass an ID test, as well as buy a daily harvest report card, and only allows hunting from Saturday through Wednesday, 7:30am-3:30pm. And we have to check our geese in at a regional check station, where they keep tabs on numbers for all the subspecies. Only 3 cacklers and Aleutians in aggregate/day out of a 4 goose limit, and only 1 dusky per season, after which you lose your goose permit and have to take the test again for the next season. There are also season quotas for the duskies, and once they are filled, all goose hunting in that particular sub-zone is closed. I don't really goose hunt because it's too much of a goddamn hassle, but I'm willing to shoot them in my backyard and drive 5 miles to the check station on the other side of the island, which I will attempt to do tomorrow morning, whether the king-of-pop-pedo-goose shows or not.

That is the most fucked up set of rules ever.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Postby AKPirate » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:56 pm

banknote wrote:I haven't seen it since Wednesday, late afternoon, after shooting time was over in this zone.

That test ain't easy either :mrgreen: , getem tomorrow Bank
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby banknote » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:03 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:

All to protect a subspecies of goose who's numbers have been in steady decline ever since an earthquake raised their breeding grounds a couple feet and made them more vulnerable to predators while nesting. I think that was in 1972. So what does limiting harvest in their winter range do for them? It makes them the dumbest, easiest to decoy geese around, makes hunting any geese around here a major PITA, and keeps some coyotes in AK fat and happy during nesting season.
banknote

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:14 pm

banknote wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

All to protect a subspecies of goose who's numbers have been in steady decline ever since an earthquake raised their breeding grounds a couple feet and made them more vulnerable to predators while nesting. I think that was in 1972. So what does limiting harvest in their winter range do for them? It makes them the dumbest, easiest to decoy geese around, makes hunting any geese around here a major PITA, and keeps some coyotes in AK fat and happy during nesting season.

:lol: sounds about right!
Bootlipkiller

Postby AKPirate » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:21 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
banknote wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

:lol: sounds about right!

Those geese have been disadvantaged and deserve a government hand until they can get back on their feet
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:11 pm

I would give up my goose zone permit for a dusky in a heart beat, but apparently trophy hunting by out-of-towners is frowned upon by the locals. Haha!
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby banknote » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:48 pm

3legged_lab wrote:I would give up my goose zone permit for a dusky in a heart beat, but apparently trophy hunting by out-of-towners is frowned upon by the locals. Haha!

I had some collared ones out back a couple weeks ago. I'll let you know, next time!
banknote

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:55 pm

banknote wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:I would give up my goose zone permit for a dusky in a heart beat, but apparently trophy hunting by out-of-towners is frowned upon by the locals. Haha!

I had some collared ones out back a couple weeks ago. I'll let you know, next time!

Hell, I'd take a ticket for that.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby banknote » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:14 pm

DSC_6141_crop.jpg

DSC_6144_crop.jpg

This one's got some leg bling, too.
DSC_6145_crop.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
banknote

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:22 pm

Did you take those from your house?
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Next

Return to Goose Hunting Forum