Y boards

Honk!

Y boards

Postby 3geese4me » Tue May 13, 2014 8:48 pm

As some of you may know, I sold all 8 dozen of my Bigfoots and am now running 10 dozen Real Geese Pro Series 1 silhouettes. After much debate, I wondered how I would be able to use them in frozen ground. I did not want to invest in a generator and hammer drill to get the stakes in the ground. After searching Google for awhile I seen guys using Y boards for use on frozen land as well as over water. Essentially, it enabled you to use your silhouettes on land and water with only having to pay for 1 spread.

This is my tutorial on how I made mine.

First you cut 2"X2" pieces of lumber into 32" lengths for the arms.
arms.jpg

Then I cut a 6"X10" piece of plywood as the base.
base.jpg

Once that is done, you need to router an opening on the end of the arm for the decoy to slide into. I used a 5/16" straight router bit to make the opening.
routered end.jpg

Then I drilled a hole in the other end of the arm so that I could use a 1/4" bolt to attach the arm to the base.
drilled end.jpg

Then all that's left is to paint to match your environment.
painted.jpg

Here is what it looks like on land.
land.jpg

Here is what it looks like on water.
water.jpg

And yes, that does float on top of the water with minimal visibility. So far, I have $150 in everything.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Re: Y boards

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Tue May 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Good stuff, John!
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby Redbeard » Tue May 13, 2014 9:37 pm

Great job john
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby 3geese4me » Tue May 13, 2014 10:00 pm

Thanks guys, the cool thing about this is that they can accommodate any staked decoy. So I will be using them on for my duck silhouettes as well.

US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby Redbeard » Tue May 13, 2014 10:05 pm

3geese4me wrote:Thanks guys, the cool thing about this is that they can accommodate any staked decoy. So I will be using them on for my duck silhouettes as well.
lotta guys use them here for brant. I almost did this too for brant until tripod and QH blessed me with a buncha old canada floaters to paint
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby 3geese4me » Tue May 13, 2014 10:24 pm

Redbeard wrote:
3geese4me wrote:Thanks guys, the cool thing about this is that they can accommodate any staked decoy. So I will be using them on for my duck silhouettes as well.
lotta guys use them here for brant. I almost did this too for brant until tripod and QH blessed me with a buncha old canada floaters to paint

If my life ever becomes stable enough to do a couple out of state hunts, I am going to make some Brantley silhouettes to use on one of the coasts.

US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby Redbeard » Tue May 13, 2014 10:41 pm

3geese4me wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

If my life ever becomes stable enough to do a couple out of state hunts, I am going to make some Brantley silhouettes to use on one of the coasts.
bring it goose hunter
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed May 14, 2014 12:26 am

Redbeard wrote:

Haha. Blessed you with some work to do.

Nice work 3g!
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Return to Goose Hunting Forum