Storage

Honk!

Storage

Postby 3geese4me » Fri May 23, 2014 6:04 pm

20140523_175005.jpg

I loving having these silhouettes. Pictured is 10 doz real geese with enough Y board stands to use them on water or frozen ground. The wood bin sits on an old creeper that I had laying around and I can literally move my entire spread to anywhere in my garage. I am enjoying not having to park a monstrous trailer in my driveway anymore.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Re: Storage

Postby 3geese4me » Fri May 23, 2014 6:05 pm

2014051395162223.jpg

20140523_175149.jpg

Land and water usage.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.

US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby Redbeard » Fri May 23, 2014 7:20 pm

John have you hunted with silhouettes before?
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri May 23, 2014 7:28 pm

Redbeard wrote:John have you hunted with silhouettes before?

Doesnt matter, he's excited.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Fri May 23, 2014 7:30 pm

I've never hunted with em. Curious how well they work. They look good in that water picture
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby 3geese4me » Fri May 23, 2014 8:20 pm

Yes I have. The birds reacted no different than if there were fullbodies out. There is a learning curve to using them though. Biggest issue is decoy spacing. When I hunted with them last season, the decoys had to be really spaced out. 6-9 steps in between decoys is what we did and the birds performed flawlessly, which is what sold me on them.

US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat May 24, 2014 4:38 am

3geese4me wrote:

Yes I have. The birds reacted no different than if there were fullbodies out. There is a learning curve to using them though. Biggest issue is decoy spacing. When I hunted with them last season, the decoys had to be really spaced out. 6-9 steps in between decoys is what we did and the birds performed flawlessly, which is what sold me on them.

Wish it were the case here. I bought 7 dozen realgeese silos 5 or so years ago but wasn't what I was looking for. After September we are pretty much running traffic on massive flocks and the silos just didn't have the pulling power. Would be awesome if they worked better this way. I would know a lot of happy guides.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby 3geese4me » Sat May 24, 2014 10:01 am

They say for every fullbody you have you need 1.5 silhouettes to equal it. I still need to get a couple more dozen to be comparable to my bigfoots but this 10 dozen will get me through the early season at least.

US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Tue May 27, 2014 5:37 am

Redbeard wrote:I've never hunted with em. Curious how well they work. They look good in that water picture

I hunted with them alot up north. They worked great, beat the hell out of dealing with full bodies like 3G said.
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby Woody » Tue May 27, 2014 6:34 am

Why not shells?
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby 3geese4me » Tue May 27, 2014 7:33 am

Woody wrote:Why not shells?

Another big reason why I chose silhouettes is to battle our frost issue that we have up here. With fullbodies and shells there is going to be a buildup of frost on certain mornings. With silhouettes, I dont have to worry about any frost because it can't buildup on a flat surface.

US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby jarbo03 » Tue May 27, 2014 7:52 am

15-20 years ago they worked great around here, they seemed to lose their effectiveness as the years went by. I'm definitely interested in possibly getting more to supplement my fullbodies and floaters, and the silos of today look 1000x better than the ones I used to have.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue May 27, 2014 8:02 am

jarbo03 wrote:15-20 years ago they worked great around here, they seemed to lose their effectiveness as the years went by. I'm definitely interested in possibly getting more to supplement my fullbodies and floaters, and the silos of today look 1000x better than the ones I used to have.

Some how, some way, they work great in VT...a mere 200 miles away, but not here. Granted they have no where close to the amount of birds we have it is still weird. The guides that come over here end up bringing a trailer of full bodies to hunt over instead. Must suck having to switch.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Tue May 27, 2014 8:17 am

GadwallGetter530 wrote:
Redbeard wrote:I've never hunted with em. Curious how well they work. They look good in that water picture

I hunted with them alot up north. They worked great, beat the hell out of dealing with full bodies like 3G said.
i may have to invest in some in the next few years
Redbeard

Postby 3geese4me » Tue May 27, 2014 9:37 am

Redbeard wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:

If you decide to make the move, get a hold of me and I can give you the name of a dealer that offers free shipping and prices quite a bit lower than cabelas or macks.

US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Tue May 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Redbeard wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:

They do work great on little geese.
GadwallGetter530

Postby Redbeard » Tue May 27, 2014 6:22 pm

3geese4me wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:

If you decide to make the move, get a hold of me and I can give you the name of a dealer that offers free shipping and prices quite a bit lower than cabelas or macks.
right on thanks
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Tue May 27, 2014 6:22 pm

GadwallGetter530 wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:

how bout my little geese?
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Tue May 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Redbeard wrote:
3geese4me wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:

right on thanks

He "knows a guy".
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Tue May 27, 2014 6:28 pm

assateague wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
3geese4me wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:[quote="Redbeard"]I've never hunted with em. Curious how well they work. They look good in that water picture

right on thanks

He "knows a guy".[/quote]i just have to drive down to the border and talk to La Mula in Tijuana
Redbeard

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Tue May 27, 2014 6:30 pm

Redbeard wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:

how bout my little geese?

:lol::lol:I would imagine it would.:lol::lol:
GadwallGetter530

Postby capt1972 » Tue May 27, 2014 6:36 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:15-20 years ago they worked great around here, they seemed to lose their effectiveness as the years went by. I'm definitely interested in possibly getting more to supplement my fullbodies and floaters, and the silos of today look 1000x better than the ones I used to have.

Some how, some way, they work great in VT...a mere 200 miles away, but not here. Granted they have no where close to the amount of birds we have it is still weird. The guides that come over here end up bringing a trailer of full bodies to hunt over instead. Must suck having to switch.

I hunt down by Utica every year and I only bring 2 dozen silos. They work great there too. You must be too close to Canada!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Goldfish » Thu May 29, 2014 12:50 pm

They are small enough he can fit them all in the trunk of his new Corvette
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Return to Goose Hunting Forum