Feb. Snow Hunt in Weiner Ark.

Honk!

Feb. Snow Hunt in Weiner Ark.

Postby duckdreamer » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:24 pm

I know its a little late to post, but wanted to share this Snow Hunt my daughter gave me for a Christmas present last yr. It was at Whispering Oaks outfitters. We saw flocks of up to an est. 80,000 on the ground. The Ark. fish and wildlife did a survey and estimated there were 800,000 to 900,000 specks in Weiner at one time. They put out about 600 socks and tried to use a spinner kite, but winds were too high. We ended up with 90 that morning and 30 that afternoon in 1 1/2 hrs after two. We laid out a thunderstorm, and were in layout blinds with alum. frames holding lightning rods, rained like crazy. We cleaned birds for over two hrs. but we cleaned them all. My son in law and our guide got them. Lots of fun till the 3 1/2'' shell started making me want to quit. ouch. almost 5 boxes started to get tender.
duckdreamer

Re: Feb. Snow Hunt in Weiner Ark.

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:28 pm

Looks like you had a good time! :thumbsup:
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby assateague » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:47 pm

That looks like a whole lot of fun!
assateague

Postby Woody » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:02 pm

I'm assuming somehow TK posted that pic.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby duckdreamer » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:00 pm

No unfortunately I did. That is my son in law. I was cut out of the pic somehow. Mercifully. And we did have a great time. Nice lodge, huge screen t.v. and good food and company.
duckdreamer

Postby RonE » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:24 am

Looks like it was a great hunt. :beer:
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Tiler_J » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:42 am

duckdreamer wrote:No unfortunately I did. That is my son in law. I was cut out of the pic somehow. Mercifully. And we did have a great time. Nice lodge, huge screen t.v. and good food and company.

If you click on the pic you can see the full image and there you are.

That looks like a great day and sound like a good place. Thanks for sharing.

I had a pretty good jump shoot last season too. Just a few friends but it was fun.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Bootlipkiller » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:46 am

Bwahahahahaha
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Redbeard » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:29 am

duckdreamer wrote:I know its a little late to post, but wanted to share this Snow Hunt my daughter gave me for a Christmas present last yr. It was at Whispering Oaks outfitters. We saw flocks of up to an est. 80,000 on the ground. The Ark. fish and wildlife did a survey and estimated there were 800,000 to 900,000 specks in Weiner at one time. They put out about 600 socks and tried to use a spinner kite, but winds were too high. We ended up with 90 that morning and 30 that afternoon in 1 1/2 hrs after two. We laid out a thunderstorm, and were in layout blinds with alum. frames holding lightning rods, rained like crazy. We cleaned birds for over two hrs. but we cleaned them all. My son in law and our guide got them. Lots of fun till the 3 1/2'' shell started making me want to quit. ouch. almost 5 boxes started to get tender.
good times man!
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Olly » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:07 pm

Wow. That looks like an amazing time.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Tiler_J » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:24 pm

Hey we got a celebrity here!! It's the Dad from American Chopper!!! I'm so excited, can we get autographed pics or is that asking too much? Welcome!!

So is the show really real or is it all staged? You can tell us, we won't tell anyone.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Woody » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:33 pm

Tiler_J wrote:Hey we got a celebrity here!! It's the Dad from American Chopper!!! I'm so excited, can we get autographed pics or is that asking too much? Welcome!!

So is the show really real or is it all staged? You can tell us, we won't tell anyone.

That's beardist!
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby duckdreamer » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 am

I got his ugly, just wish I had his guns(biseps) and money. But hey, I'll sign autographs all day long. :qh:
duckdreamer

Postby duckdreamer » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:10 am

I got his ugly, just wish I had his guns(biseps) and money. But hey, I'll sign autographs all day long. :qh: I'm really much prettier than that in person. Lousy camera work.lol
duckdreamer

Return to Goose Hunting Forum