Hey Rick...

Honk!

Hey Rick...

Postby Redbeard » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:39 pm

...you ever flagged for brant? Or heard of anyone that does?

Was talking to Clyde the other day. He swears by it.

Jim how bout you?
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Re: Hey Rick...

Postby assateague » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Don't see why it wouldn't work. But most of those I shoot come in very low over the water, sort of following the coast. No more than 20 yards up, and following the line where land hits water (roughly), so not much occasion to try and pull them in. I'd imagine if you hunt where you can see them far enough out, it'd turn them though.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:35 pm

assateague wrote:Don't see why it wouldn't work. But most of those I shoot come in very low over the water, sort of following the coast. No more than 20 yards up, and following the line where land hits water (roughly), so not much occasion to try and pull them in. I'd imagine if you hunt where you can see them far enough out, it'd turn them though.
ours will do that same thing at times. But most of the time they circle the middle of the bay before coming inland looking for a decoy spread they like
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:46 pm

Like a tractor beam
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:57 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Like a tractor beam
serious? No smart ass?
Redbeard

Hey Rick...

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:52 pm

Only used it on Brant once, cuz I've only hunted brant once.

Out of 2 blinds, I'll tell you that one blind limited and one blind watched us shoot limits.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby waterfowlman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:02 pm

Flagging has been used on waterfowl for probably 100 years or longer. If the birds are trading out in the bay it is a good way to attract them to your rig. Once the birds have turned your way most guys stop flagging and let the decoys do their job. We've used it when layout shooting for divers to turn large flocks of broadbill and it occasionally will get your decoys noticed when otherwise the ducks would have just continued on their way up the bay.
I'd say that a black flag used properly has a decent chance of pulling or turning Brant when they might not have noticed your rig.
What the hell....try it.
"Duty - Honor - Country".
waterfowlman

Postby Redbeard » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:47 pm

waterfowlman wrote:Flagging has been used on waterfowl for probably 100 years or longer. If the birds are trading out in the bay it is a good way to attract them to your rig. Once the birds have turned your way most guys stop flagging and let the decoys do their job. We've used it when layout shooting for divers to turn large flocks of broadbill and it occasionally will get your decoys noticed when otherwise the ducks would have just continued on their way up the bay.
I'd say that a black flag used properly has a decent chance of pulling or turning Brant when they might not have noticed your rig.
What the hell....try it.
exactly what I was thinking. And hoping to hear. I haven't seem anyone do it. Just hoping for a little edge
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:51 pm

Put Nighthawk on the flag. He'll get that shit working.
assateague

Return to Goose Hunting Forum