limits

Honk!

limits

Postby firewokey » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:52 am

I am in N.Y. and can only take 3 per day.When i go out by my self it is hardly worth all the setup to only be able to take 3. :(
firewokey

Re: limits

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:01 pm

It's all about getting out there...I hunt pretty much every spare minute I have, and it's always over too soon.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:13 pm

We get 2. That's why I prefer duck hunting the regular season. Goose hunting is a lot of work and takes a big group to make it worth it IMO.
Our early season is 5 bird limit and its a blast. Makes the hunt a little longer and more enjoyable.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:44 pm

We get three. Don't target geese cause we don't see enough of them off the horse ranches where they can't be hunted. Therefore the limit really doesn't matter.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Duplex Lover » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:44 pm

We can get 5 dark geese, 20 white geese, 7 asst. ducks and 25 coots... A DAY
:thumbsup: :beer:
Sky blasting again...
Coyotes-R-Us
Duplex Lover

Postby jarbo03 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:47 pm

6 Canadas, 2 specks, and 50 snows per day.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby Rick » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:00 pm

3 dark geese, only 2 of which can be specks, and 20 blues/snows

I almost always goose hunt with 0-5 decoys and a call, so it's not much bother.
Rick

Postby Goldfish » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:04 pm

Early season we got 5, then 10, and regular season was 2 or 3, and I don't recall the late season limit. During the regular season it's just goose confidence decoys and if the geese so happen to play, so be it.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Legband » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:04 am

DFG upped ours this year 10 dark 15 white 25 total.
But I chased them when we could only shoot 2.
As was mentioned it's the Hunt embrace the entire experience.
It's the time under dark Sky's , the time in the raging wind , the time in the marsh , the time with your Dog , the time with friends and family, enjoying Gods awesome Creation.
This may be more than you ant to here but I've been chasing waterfowl for over forty five years and I've gone through all kinds of phases at different ages.
And while I still enjoy a big shoot I learned long ago to enjoy the entire day or trip.
Rising during the dark of night , a quite drive to my spot , setting up my decoys just right , Time hot coffee before shoot light ,
The weather of the day , my Dogs retrieves , one well placed shot and on and on.
If you embrace the entire experience you win on every outing and you will become a true Sportsman.
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Legband

Postby Flyway Stalker » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:42 pm

[quote="Legband"]DFG upped ours this year 10 dark 15 white 25 total.
It's the time under dark Sky's , the time in the raging wind , the time in the marsh , the time with your Dog , the time with friends and family, enjoying Gods awesome Creation.
This may be more than you ant to here but I've been chasing waterfowl for over forty five years and I've gone through all kinds of phases at different ages.
And while I still enjoy a big shoot I learned long ago to enjoy the entire day or trip.
Rising during the dark of night , a quite drive to my spot , setting up my decoys just right , Time hot coffee before shoot light ,
The weather of the day , my Dogs retrieves , one well placed shot and on and on.
If you embrace the entire experience you win on every outing and you will become a true Sportsman
[/color].[/quote[/color]]

Yah, I would say that pretty much sums it up for me as well.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
Flyway Stalker

Postby firewokey » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:48 pm

well thats a good way to look at it
firewokey

Postby 3200 Man » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:06 am

Legband wrote:DFG upped ours this year 10 dark 15 white 25 total.
If you embrace the entire experience you win on every outing and you will become a true Sportsman.

OH how time has pasted that has given us the enjoyment of (being able) to do just what you said Legband ! :thumbsup:
Every minute of each day out in the field /river has its excitement , and allows us to remember the Once upon a Times ?
3200 Man

Postby Olly » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:47 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:It's all about getting out there...I hunt pretty much every spare minute I have, and it's always over too soon.

I used to think this before I moved to AL. The onesie and twosie game can get old quick.... it doesn't help that when I "get out there" it's not really getting out there. No matter where I go hunt in the delta I will run into at least 3-5 other hunters and can see the glow of the cities lights from the entire 100,000 acrea delta. Really takes away from the biggest draw of hunting in general to me. Makes me feel like I'm hunting at the local park vs the wild.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Legband » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Olly wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:It's all about getting out there...I hunt pretty much every spare minute I have, and it's always over too soon.

I used to think this before I moved to AL. The onesie and twosie game can get old quick.... it doesn't help that when I "get out there" it's not really getting out there. No matter where I go hunt in the delta I will run into at least 3-5 other hunters and can see the glow of the cities lights from the entire 100,000 acrea delta. Really takes away from the biggest draw of hunting in general to me. Makes me feel like I'm hunting at the local park vs the wild.

Is there no where in your area that you can escape the crowd and light pollution?
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Legband

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:19 am

Our limit is 2 Canadas. Sure technically we can shoot specks and snows, but I've never seen a speck while hunting and only ever see a few random snows flying over.

If I know I am going to see a lot of geese, I don't have a problem, even if I don't get a bird. If I'm going to see 2 geese and kill them both, I'm less interested.

A few years back, I went out by myself. The first flock of geese dropped in for a close look, which where I was hunting, that is probably the best you will get, bang, bang. I had the gun in the case and the blind bag packed before the dog had the second goose. Since that day, I don't shoot 2 geese out of the first flock when I'm alone. Too much work for so little hunting.

It also depends on the weather.

It's nice to get out if it is 40 or better. When it is single digits and the wind is blasting, it is not nice to get out.

I lost my dog a little over a year ago. It's always nicer to get out when you have a dog regardless of the weather or the activity.
SpinnerMan

Postby Olly » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:18 am

Legband wrote:
Olly wrote:

Is there no where in your area that you can escape the crowd and light pollution?

Not without getting in on private land.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Return to Goose Hunting Forum