Took new hunters out today

Honk!

Took new hunters out today

Postby Bowjoe » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:21 pm

Well went from going to hunt a X field to pulling in and farmer saying please not today they had a death in family so I respected I brought the small trailor with a few decoys and going to a field they were flying over so far Im at a disadvantage.. Well it was windy as all heck birds are out there I know they aint hearing me finally a flock about 80 yards maybe 120 yards out I givem some high pitch hiccups and bang break there necks to look at us I would normally run a larger spread for traffic birds but had to make it work I wanted the kid to have a decent hunt.. Well 5 came and 4 stayed.. The coolest thing is one of the big honkers was seemed like 5 minutes but know it was like 20 seconds was trying to land ontop of the young kids blind It was freaking awesome.. weather came in and roads were getting bad so we called it but while posing for pic the flood gates opened and were like dam.. but will be on like donkey kong next week..
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff..
Big Guys Best Pro Staff..
Bowjoe

Re: Took new hunters out today

Postby Flyway Stalker » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:37 pm

Nice job,
We also took a father/son new to hunting out today, but didn't do as well as that. As a mater of fact we got 4 less than you did, watched a few groups of locals or stale birds fly north & south of us and had one group of 10 fly right over the top of us and not even give us so much as a glance. Tired of these birds, they could care less about going anywhere but the fields they feed in everyday and no one can get permission to hunt. I though with this new artic front moving down out of the Dakotas we would get a last push. NOT
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
Flyway Stalker

Return to Goose Hunting Forum