Who's getting pumped for early goose ??

Honk!

Who's getting pumped for early goose ??

Postby Bowjoe » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:53 am

Man already looking around and getting blinds together and decoys cleaned up.. Got a new Hi Def camera plus a few go pros to film some of our hunts.. Got a new farm to hunt and this guys has a ton of fields he owns and last year his fields were filled with snows so I guess Im gonna have to look into getting some snow decoys now.. Best luck this season to all of ya..
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff..
Big Guys Best Pro Staff..
Bowjoe

Re: Who's getting pumped for early goose ??

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:20 am

I'm scared it is going to be here way too quick.

I haven't been able to make time to do hardly anything. I got in half the food plots for deer that I hoped. Checked them the other day, they are doing OK. I need to get out and put in the other half, but my options are really limited now.

Our one goose field is a freaking mess. Nobody has mowed it all year :evil: I know I didn't but there are other people that can step up that never do. That's the problem with a club.
SpinnerMan

Postby Capttrae » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:01 am

I'll be ready the day after I get off the boat. Gotta finish flocking the heads and tails on a few more decoys and that'll be that
Capttrae

Postby Throbbin Rods » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:19 am

Almost ready, Just need to double check decoys and charge the battery for the Hummer decoy. Bought a huge R/C hummer at a yard sale, got a new battery, and bolted a super magnum shell to the top of the hummer. Set it out in the field with the other decoys, twitch the control every couple of seconds when birds are working. Gets them more often than not.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:43 pm

I wish there were any real goose hunting down here in AL. I used to love targeting them over the water back in MI. I have 3 dozen floaters chilling in my spare bedroom that remind me every time I walk by
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby KyMike » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:43 pm

Can't wait. One month out from watching them coming in feet down....I hope, lol.
KyMike

Postby Archeryrob » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:02 pm

I never try to get too excited about early goose. They are like fickle teenage girls and hard to pattern, sometimes don't fly. But I'll still be out there as the season is in. :beer:
Archeryrob

Return to Goose Hunting Forum