layout blind profiles

Honk!

Re: layout blind profiles

Postby don novicki » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:39 pm

I am a dinosaur Big Al. I have only used a ground blind once in my life and really didn't think they were all that important. When you wear camo clothing and lay still the geese generally don't see you, esp. if it's s snow covered landscape and you are wearing all white. Movement is what kills the hunter IMO. I've been laying in the dirt, mud, snow, for almost 30 years. It's unlikely I am going to change now. Besides that I'm a cheap S.O.B......................I do think they can see the bumps though, for what it's worth.
don novicki

Postby Rick » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:08 am

I've long heard the shadows cast by layouts could be problematic, but I've not hunted from them enough to form an opinion other than that they're cumbersome and hard to hide. I'm just too lazy to put up with the hassle of getting one into place, much less blend in well. I much prefer natural cover or ghillie blanket for concealment, but am also a fan of army sleeping pads that can be unrolled to just under my butt with the still rolled portion for a headrest.
Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:01 am

I'm too lazy to fool with a layout, and you think I'm going to drag a 10ga out there? Would much rather a 20.
Rick

Postby Archeryrob » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:51 am

We had more of a problem with warm weather making bird fat and sitting on the roost. When they did fly they didn't need to land with us. It was the leanest year I have ever waterfowl hunted for residents.
Archeryrob

Return to Goose Hunting Forum