Cabada crack...

Honk!

Cabada crack...

Postby Rick » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:28 am

No, that would be "Canadian crack". What I'm referencing is a white mayfly that had a major hatch/die-off along the lake last night and has our town Canadas beating their bills raw pecking the tiny morsels off the pavement this morning. Wouldn't think it remotely worth the effort, but they sure do.

Look to be the same bug that stupefies Basin cats enough to be dip-netted by those in the know and of that mind.
Rick

Re: Cabada crack...

Postby PorkChop » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:55 pm

Never heard of that before! Our Canada goose season opens up in the morning. Mail some of that crack up to me ha ha
PorkChop

Postby Rick » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:40 am

Fella who wrote a pretty good novel, Catch 22, once told me I was "the reason God made copy editors". Was still in college then but see by the thread title that it's something I've not grown out of.
Rick

Postby Anotherone » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:38 am

PorkChop wrote:Never heard of that before! Our Canada goose season opens up in the morning. Mail some of that crack up to me ha ha

Goose hunting update?
Anotherone

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:54 am

Anotherone wrote:
PorkChop wrote:Never heard of that before! Our Canada goose season opens up in the morning. Mail some of that crack up to me ha ha

Goose hunting update?

In September here the honkers are eating bugs and grass.
Maybe some clover. They hang out at the mall trying to get killed by cars.

I've got a rabbit that's damn near tame. It eats the weeds in my yard..seems to like the plantains
Ricky Spanish

Postby Rick » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:12 am

Might be eating too many mayflies prompted one of our Canadas to become a trans-species bird identifying as a turkey, as I was brought up short while walking through a wad of them yesterday, by the sound of a contented turkey hen's short purr and quiet yelping. So spot on it made me look. I've walked through scores of them more off-season days than not for years, and that was the first such vocalization I've heard from Canada.
Rick

Postby PorkChop » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:09 am

Anotherone wrote:

Goose hunting update?

Have not hunted yet. Hopefully will this Thursday.
PorkChop

Return to Goose Hunting Forum