PorkChop

Re: Can’t Wait For Snows

Postby Rick » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:26 am

"Those were the days..."

But that's over here.
Rick

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:28 am

Nothing sucks quite as much as a dns snow goose hunt where you played all the cds twice.
Ricky Spanish

Postby don novicki » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:29 am

I can't wait either. I got a new snow blower coming, Ariens Deluxe 28. Finally time to hang up the shovel after all these years...,..Oh wait I misread your post :lol: We don't see 50 snows a season here in the NW corner of Pa..
don novicki

Postby Rick » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:22 am

Ricky Spanish wrote:Nothing sucks quite as much as a dns snow goose hunt where you played all the cds twice.

Haven't made a recorder hunt since they became legal. Did guide the grad student with the grant to study e-calling, Rick Olson, on three of his test hunts prior to the "conservation season". We'd flip a coin for who started 15 minute sessions, and in the end Johnny Stewart beat my voice calling three.something birds to one. Could have been twenty or thirty to one, and I'd still not have hunted over an e-caller again.
Rick

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:29 am

Rick wrote:
Ricky Spanish wrote:Nothing sucks quite as much as a dns snow goose hunt where you played all the cds twice.

Haven't made a recorder hunt since they became legal. Did guide the grad student with the grant to study e-calling, Rick Olson, on three of his test hunts prior to the "conservation season". We'd flip a coin for who started 15 minute sessions, and in the end Johnny Stewart beat my voice calling three.something birds to one. Could have been twenty or thirty to one, and I'd still not have hunted over an e-caller again.

It was a setup.
They said they wanted a camera man.
I show up..no camera?
We made the best or worst of it.
They had me guide snow goose hunts until I was sick of it. The hard drive with all the goose noises got bashed to bits I hated it that much. Must be part Clinton.
Ricky Spanish

Return to Goose Hunting Forum