silo's

Honk!

silo's

Postby plainsman » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:07 pm

I used to run 2 doz. silo's with my shell spread but ended up giving them to some young fellas last season. Now looking to add some before next season starts. Real Geese eclipse has my eye so far, anything else worth looking at?
plainsman

Re: silo's

Postby PorkChop » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:20 pm

I have heard good things about those real geese. Not sure if you know Josh Cards from Juvie jukebox but I believe that’s what he uses and always sings their praises. I have also heard great things about big Al’s and I believe those are made in the good old USA not China
PorkChop

Postby plainsman » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:53 pm

seen alot of talk about Al's....not really impressed, cheap for a reason :roll:
plainsman

Postby PorkChop » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:09 pm

Never had them in hand. I had I believe 12 dozen of the real geese when they first came out. It was them or outlaws back then.
PorkChop

Postby plainsman » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:51 pm

PorkChop wrote:Never had them in hand. I had I believe 12 dozen of the real geese when they first came out. It was them or outlaws back then.

I ran 12 of each...pretty much original editions , for many years, the one's I gave away. Time to update to newer and better. :thumbsup:
plainsman

Postby don novicki » Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:11 am

I have Outlaws and Avalanche (fully flocked no longer made). They both work but man the Outlaws are really heavy compared to the Avalanche. If I was to buy I'd get Big Al's because of the U.S. made. :thumbsup:
don novicki

Postby AllBusiness » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:22 am

RG is the main decoy myself and my group run. From RG originals to eclipse. Each decoys has their place. We do not mix full bodies or shells with skinnies or mix colors....B&Ws with Pro IIs (brown), just never seems to work like we want.
One huge misnomer about other brands VS RG....you cannot compare Pro IIs to any other skinny. No one else has fabric sided skinnies. Gets tiring hearing an argument about how ProIIs are heavier then another brand. Well...Yeah. They are not chloroplast, they have fabric plus a wooden stake. It's like saying a Caryy-Lite collapsible full body is the same as a Smith...just because they are both full bodies.

Hey Don,
We tried to buy 30 or 40 doz from Avalanche before he went belly up. He wouldn't sell them to us!
AllBusiness

Postby don novicki » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:11 am

Right after election season is over I'm going to go out and round up a bunch of political yard signs and cut them into Canadas. I plan on making them B&W's. I won't have much into it except for a little bit of paint and some elbow grease. I did this with a bunch of signs before and turned them into snows. Too bad we don't get more snows, or any. Finally some limited use for politicians.

Hey 5 stand I think he was getting a divorce, at least that is what he told me, when I bought mine. I've had them for years, and I don't baby my stuff. They still look good.
don novicki

Postby PorkChop » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:34 pm

A lot of people use those political signs. Definitely a good and cheap alternative especially if you’re just making black and whites!
PorkChop

Return to Goose Hunting Forum