Postby Olly » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:10 am

Date: 20SEP2014

LST Time: 0609

Wind Direction and Speed: N/E 15 knts

Temperature at LST: 68F

Barometer: 30.03

Moon phase: Waning Crescent

Special Notes: N/A

Waterfowl Activity: One small flock of teal right at LST beyond decoys.

Hunters: Olly

Dogs and retrieves: N/A

Bag: 0
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Re: 20SEP2014

Postby Rick » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:33 am

Did you post that from the boat/road or perhaps give up too soon? I ask because our marsh has a 9:30 curfew, and most days we've still seen and sometimes shot birds right up against it.
Rick

Postby Olly » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:36 am

Rick wrote:Did you post that from the boat/road or perhaps give up too soon? I ask because our marsh has a 9:30 curfew, and most days we've still seen and sometimes shot birds right up against it.

I posted right when I got home. Last year I never had much luck a few hours after LST for teal, they seem to just move right around day break then nothing at all around here.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Steele22 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:08 am

At least you got out on the water. Last weekends wood duck finished me up till the big season. Sucks knowing people are out after them and my ass is on the couch lol
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Rick » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:30 pm

Olly wrote:
Rick wrote:Did you post that from the boat/road or perhaps give up too soon? I ask because our marsh has a 9:30 curfew, and most days we've still seen and sometimes shot birds right up against it.

I posted right when I got home. Last year I never had much luck a few hours after LST for teal, they seem to just move right around day break then nothing at all around here.

Don't know that it might the case there, too, but it's not that uncommon for us not to kill a bluewing teal the first hour but end up with a good hunt. Same thing again in the afternoon, with most teal action well before LLST, when all we're apt to see are big ducks. Greenwings, on the other hand, seem mostly early risers, but we see precious few before the regular season in November.
Rick

Return to Olly 2014-2015