Post Season 2017

Re: Post Season 2017

Postby DComeaux » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:22 pm

I predict snow in Klondike around Thanksgiving.
DComeaux

Postby Rick » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:31 am

DComeaux wrote:I predict snow in Klondike around Thanksgiving.

Unless you mean the one in the Yukon with a candy bar, the US Weather Service has a spot for you.
Rick

Postby aunt betty » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:31 am

Due to "climate change" we are experiencing September weather in August here.
Cold front associated with low pressure system, north winds, and it is nice dry and cool.
Usually it is unbearable humidity and extreme heat. Call it "tropical".
If this is any indication of what kind of winter it will be this year I'd say cold and snowy.

Where I live is about 90 miles north of the mason-dixon line if it were extended across the nation.
I-70 is sort of a line between Yankee and southern kind of talk in this state.
You can tell when you cross that line heading south.
People get wayyyy nicer.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:57 am

aunt betty wrote:I-70 is sort of a line between Yankee and southern kind of talk in this state.
You can tell when you cross that line heading south.
People get wayyyy nicer.

Right under the bus I go :twisted:

:lol:
SpinnerMan

Postby aunt betty » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:02 am

Turn your sensitivity down three notches.
Drive to Mount Vernon and watch what happens at the gas stations as you go.
Stop every 25-50 miles and try to chat with anyone. Once you hit I-70 you'll notice that alluva sudden you can pretty much talk to anyone about anything and they'll talk with you about it. Do I have to take you to Rend Lake on opening day to prove it?

The women up north are ice-queens and refuse to even have eye contact. Once you're past I-70 heading south the ice melts and the women are so much more friendly. They're just being nice so don't get carried away but I guarantee even you will notice the difference.

Our farm is near Farina, Illinois and gee the people down there are nice. No wonder my parents moved there.
aunt betty

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:11 am

aunt betty wrote:Turn your sensitivity down three notches.
Drive to Mount Vernon and watch what happens at the gas stations as you go.
Stop every 25-50 miles and try to chat with anyone. Once you hit I-70 you'll notice that alluva sudden you can pretty much talk to anyone about anything and they'll talk with you about it. Do I have to take you to Rend Lake on opening day to prove it?

The women up north are ice-queens and refuse to even have eye contact. Once you're past I-70 heading south the ice melts and the women are so much more friendly. They're just being nice so don't get carried away but I guarantee even you will notice the difference.

Our farm is near Farina, Illinois and gee the people down there are nice. No wonder my parents moved there.

Just joking. Back at you on turning down the sensitivity.

If it were up to me I'd be living in Dixie.

I've lived as an adult all over the south (VA, SC, GA, FL) for a total of about 10 years and I married a southern girl. Add to that PA, northern VA (DC), WA, and NM. I have a sense of a lot of the regional differences around the country.

Although all southerners ain't nice. I got a parking ticket for having yankee tags on my truck. :lol: Absolute truth. There were a couple dozen cars parked along side the road in a line. The only two parked illegally was the one with PA tags and the one with OH tags. Not the southern tags on either side or between us :lol:
SpinnerMan

Postby aunt betty » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:23 am

You live in chicagoland and are surprised at local cops going after out of state (non-voter) tags?
That's pretty funny.
That is the norm now. Every vote is precious so why not go after people who can not vote against you next fall.
aunt betty

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:13 am

aunt betty wrote:You live in chicagoland and are surprised at local cops going after out of state (non-voter) tags?
That's pretty funny.
That is the norm now. Every vote is precious so why not go after people who can not vote against you next fall.

Not surprised. Just pointing out that while I agree it is generally better in the south, small town, not in the cities, south, they aren't all that nice.

I've gotten two parking tickets in Chicago. I contested both of them. BOTH were dropped and I paid nothing. Just saying :D

The south is better, but it is far from perfect. There are many pockets of seriously fucked up.
SpinnerMan

Postby Rick » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:32 pm

Dave, a fellow just called to say he rented the Marceaux farm and tell me Doug said I'd show him the "water control". So I'd say the our big reunion speck hunt there is definitely off. Assuming, of course, he doesn't sue for a refund...
Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:54 pm

No, neither Jack or Doug could and Jerry wouldn't pay her price. So it can still be yours for silly money - plus the cost of redoing everything it would take to see some real return.
Last edited by Rick on Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick

Postby Ericdc » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:55 pm

Rick wrote:No, neither Jack or Doug could and Jerry wouldn't pay her price. So it can still be yours for silly money.

Is it listed online anywhere, not that I'm a potential buyer, just wanted to see where and what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ericdc

Postby Rick » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:57 pm

I've no idea whatsoever.
Rick

Postby DComeaux » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:22 pm

Rick wrote:Dave, a fellow just called to say he rented the Marceaux farm and tell me Doug said I'd show him the "water control". So I'd say the our big reunion speck hunt there is definitely off. Assuming, of course, he doesn't sue for a refund...

Let me go show him the layout... :D

I saw a new levee that parallels the north south road on the east side. Who did that? It stops at the blinds east west levee.
DComeaux

Postby aunt betty » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:58 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
aunt betty wrote:You live in chicagoland and are surprised at local cops going after out of state (non-voter) tags?
That's pretty funny.

Not surprised. Just pointing out that while I agree it is generally better in the south, small town, not in the cities, south, they aren't all that nice.

I've gotten two parking tickets in Chicago. I contested both of them. BOTH were dropped and I paid nothing. Just saying :D

The south is better, but it is far from perfect. There are many pockets of seriously fucked up.

You think I ever go anywhere out of state where it's patrolled by a meter-maid?
I've parked at Walmart to get a license and Academy Sporting Goods to pick up the cheaper version of coleman fuel.
Other than that it's the side of a beat up "path" they call a road.
Don't be dissin on the south and quit parking on the street.
aunt betty

Postby Rick » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:44 am

DComeaux wrote: I saw a new levee that parallels the north south road on the east side. Who did that? It stops at the blinds east west levee.

The guy who rented the place last year had that built to get water to the east blind's south side without flooding the north cut.
Rick

Postby Rick » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:54 am

Jarren wrote:I noticed there had been some work done to it a few months back when we went and got our things from the camp. I assumed it was sold and someone had the dream of turning it into something.

The guy leasing the whole farm?

Landowner made Doug have the place plowed as part of their deal, and he actually did all but Dave's old piece on the west, which is a cutgrass jungle.

Is Dillon Delaney/Gueydan OUtfitters who rented it. (Piece on 717 that was brought up here earlier is the 95 Doug owns.) Were about a bazillion and twelve mottleds on the east end, so he had that consolation to the mess he's gotten into.
Rick

Postby Ericdc » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:13 am

Rick wrote:
Jarren wrote:I noticed there had been some work done to it a few months back when we went and got our things from the camp. I assumed it was sold and someone had the dream of turning it into something.

Landowner made Doug have the place plowed as part of their deal, and he actually did all but Dave's old piece on the west, which is a cutgrass jungle.

Is Dillon Delaney/Gueydan OUtfitters who rented it. (Piece on 717 that was brought up here earlier is the 95 Doug owns.) Were about a bazillion and twelve mottleds on the east end, so he had that consolation to the mess he's gotten into.

So Doug leased it to Dillon and he's subleasing it?

Ericdc

Postby Rick » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:04 am

Eggzackly.
Rick

Postby DComeaux » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:22 am

Ericdc wrote:
Rick wrote:

So Doug leased it to Dillon and he's subleasing it?

He'll probably run clients through there..... they'll be shooting at all of my speckle-bellies. :(
DComeaux

Postby Rick » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:30 am

DComeaux wrote:He'll probably run clients through there..... they'll be shooting at all of my speckle-bellies. :(

I suggested that he keep Jarren's blind and sublet yours.
Rick

Postby Rick » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:33 am

Jarren wrote:Johnny spoke with the guy about possibly doing day or weekend blind leases don't think he was for it. May end up booking a hunt with him at some point this year maybe see if we could hunt old blind just for old times sake.

Seems a real nice guy who may be in over his head, so I'm guessing he'll be easy to deal with when reality sets in. Hoping he'll make a go of it.
Rick

Postby DComeaux » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:55 am

Rick wrote:
DComeaux wrote:He'll probably run clients through there..... they'll be shooting at all of my speckle-bellies. :(

I suggested that he keep Jarren's blind and sublet yours.

That's a very good suggestion. You mentioned cut grass jungle in another post at my old blind, I'd bet it's really, really thick.

It wasn't too terribly bad in 2013, when I got to use that fragile machine.
photo 2.JPG

I was able to get it down to this.
photo 1.JPG

Hows that new tractor working out?
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
DComeaux

Postby Rick » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:39 am

DComeaux wrote:Hows that new tractor working out?

You can't imagine how pleased I am to say I've no idea whatsoever.
Rick

PreviousNext

Return to DComeaux 2016-2017