Preseason

Re: Preseason

Postby Rick » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:35 am

Don't know when it does what, but I pull all of my cut cane from around the blind at season's end, and that which I've not let dry before using is alive and growing roots, despite looking stone dead.
Rick

Postby DComeaux » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:48 am

Was standing outside at daylight this morning watching the front move in with a smile on my face. I was hoping for the sound of fowl but it didn't happen. Blake sent me a text last night at 10 pm saying he had a bunch of blues passing over. He told me he heard some off, high pitched squeaks that may have been Ross.
DComeaux

Postby DComeaux » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:59 am

johnc wrote:
DComeaux wrote:Was standing outside at daylight this morning watching the front move in with a smile on my face. I was hoping for the sound of fowl but it didn't happen. Blake sent me a text last night at 10 pm saying he had a bunch of blues passing over. He told me he heard some off, high pitched squeaks that may have been Ross.

A blue phased ross is a real trophy,we get quite a few white ones. If you look hard there is usually a ross or multiple ross geese with every bigger blue and snow group.

But a true blue phased ross,I would love to get one

I'm pretty sure the majority of what was over his house last night were snows (white birds).

That would be a fine specimen. I like those little birds. We've only taken a couple of three of those (white) during our time in the rice$$.
74781dc4c36a4d1dd9ab2104dbdc3e84.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
DComeaux

Postby Rick » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:09 am

I know a father and son who've now taken three of them below N.O..
Rick

Postby DComeaux » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:41 pm

Just got a text from the guy I lease from asking me to call him, so I did. My thoughts went to a popped blind, or other sickening thoughts immediately. Well, his question was "will y'all need to go out in the marsh this afternoon for anything", and I told him hell no, I don't want to push the birds. He said "GOOD! I'm at my blind a little latter then I wanted to, doing a few things but I'm getting out of here as quick as I can". He went on to explain what he saw on his ride out and what he was currently looking at..He was pretty darn excited..... I have butterflies.

Seems he's asking everyone to stay out of the marsh after noon today to not disturb the birds....... I like this guy.
DComeaux

Postby Rick » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:55 pm

Don't know that it would make a lick of difference in ours, do know the guy in the blind beyond mine just started prepping it yesterday and is undoubtedly there as I type. But I know you guys have to be fired up and wish you a sweet one.
Rick

Postby aunt betty » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Openers used to be a big deal for me until one year there was this Illinois state representative who had a couple "youths" so he invented the youth hunt and by now he probably wishes he hadn't. I know I wish he hadn't. I want my own opening day a week before the youth hunt now.

Betty Day...wheee.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Previous

Return to DComeaux 2017-2018