So, who heard this part of the story?

So, who heard this part of the story?

Postby Goldfish » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:56 pm

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Re: So, who heard this part of the story?

Postby assateague » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Go figure. Stuff like that simply pisses me off. Obviously, I know the media has an agenda of their own, but to "decide" that that isn't news "worth hearing" is simply abusive to viewers/readers/
assateague

Postby Olly » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:28 pm

That's pretty cool. I'm glad to see at least minor news picked it up.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:39 am

went to high school with him.
Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:18 pm
huntall6 wrote:MT is right.

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Postby aunt betty » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:07 pm

Hard to say who controls what these days. Every business including newspapers use loans to get their equipment, raw materials, whatever.
A bank that you owe money to will tell you how to run your business (if you want another loan) .
The banks are the ones with the antigun agenda. IMO
Look at the BOA thing. Don't remember the details but that bank tried buying gun makers to close them down.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby AKPirate » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:15 pm

aunt betty wrote:Hard to say who controls what these days. Every business including newspapers use loans to get their equipment, raw materials, whatever.
A bank that you owe money to will tell you how to run your business (if you want another loan) .
Look at the BOA thing. Don't remember the details but that bank tried buying gun makers to close them down.

OOOKKK
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby sws002 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:13 am

aunt betty wrote:Hard to say who controls what these days. Every business including newspapers use loans to get their equipment, raw materials, whatever.

You are an idiot Betty.

BOA is the bank that offers the Bass Pro MasterCard. Every fall they offer rebates for buying guns (ONLY GUNS) with your BOA card. They literally fund gun buying.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:34 pm

sws002 wrote:

You are an idiot Betty.

BOA is the bank that offers the Bass Pro MasterCard. Every fall they offer rebates for buying guns (ONLY GUNS) with your BOA card. They literally fund gun buying.

You better slow your roll - I have friends in Corporate banking at both BOA and JPM and the both told me that they were under direction to purge ANY firearms related manufacturing business from their portfolio over a year ago.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Woody » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:38 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
sws002 wrote:

You are an idiot Betty.

You better slow your roll - I have friends in Corporate banking at both BOA and JPM and the both told me that they were under direction to purge ANY firearms related manufacturing business from their portfolio over a year ago.

That's a bit scary.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby sws002 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:56 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
sws002 wrote:

You are an idiot Betty.

Drive to your local Bass Pro and apply for a card, bet you get a BOA rep handling the application. Our credit reps don't even get paid from BPS, their check comes directly from BOA. Not sure why they would eliminate gun manufacturers on the back end, but continue to have promotions encouraging gun sales on the front end. First week of August starts the Fall Hunting Classic and you can look forward to the BOA promotion dubbed "Second Amendment Savings".
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Olly » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:12 pm

sws002 wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:
sws002 wrote:

You are an idiot Betty.

Drive to your local Bass Pro and apply for a card, bet you get a BOA rep handling the application. Our credit reps don't even get paid from BPS, their check comes directly from BOA. Not sure why they would eliminate gun manufacturers on the back end, but continue to have promotions encouraging gun sales on the front end. First week of August starts the Fall Hunting Classic and you can look forward to the BOA promotion dubbed "Second Amendment Savings".

Because Bank of America has proven over and over again to be a shitty company?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:27 pm

sws002 wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:
sws002 wrote:

You are an idiot Betty.

Ok. Let me call a couple friends liars first though??

You don't follow, because you've never worked for these organizations, so I'll break it down.

"Mr. & Mrs. Shareholder,
The board has taken a stance that we will no longer finance the manufacturing of firearms, but in the good news is, profits of our affiliated credit card programs are up X%...."

I work for a bank today that because of "social responsibility" won't finance the process of turning corn into ethanol while the world has starving people....but finances the shit out of growers producing corn that is knowingly shipped to the ethanol plants....but hey, we're doing what we can to combat world hunger.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby sws002 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:15 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
sws002 wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:
sws002 wrote:

You are an idiot Betty.

Ok. Let me call a couple friends liars first though??

You don't follow, because you've never worked for these organizations, so I'll break it down.

"Mr. & Mrs. Shareholder,
The board has taken a stance that we will no longer finance the manufacturing of firearms, but in the good news is, profits of our affiliated credit card programs are up X%...."

I work for a bank today that because of "social responsibility" won't finance the process of turning corn into ethanol while the world has starving people....but finances the shit out of growers producing corn that is knowingly shipped to the ethanol plants....but hey, we're doing what we can to combat world hunger.

Oh I follow. Is it not also feasible that McMillan (I believe the only company that ever claimed anything regarding BOA) was just spewing venom because they were unhappy with BOA? If we follow your particular analogy to the letter, BOA would instead refuse to finance the farmers but rather finance ethanol production to cure world hunger. If we are assuming the social responsibility aspect, why would BOA very publicly promote gun sales through Bass Pro and privately refuse to finance manufacturers? Don't get me wrong and assume that I am a supporter of BOA and am defending any shady shit they may or may not have pulled, but it all just seems quite out of whack if you step back and look at all the facts.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:30 pm

The facts are that I know of 3 companies that I financed when I was at JPM that produced various components for Ruger, Gemtech, and Springfield that were told "we are not renewing your financing, because you produce parts for the firearms industry".

You don't suppose the huge stink that was caused by McMillan had anything to do with BOA's deal with BPS??
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby sws002 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:32 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:You don't suppose the huge stink that was caused by McMillan had anything to do with BOA's deal with BPS??

I'm not quite sure how BOA's dealings with BPS are relevant at all? You can't tell me that even after what you know and what your buddies have told you that it still isn't a little strange? Why would someone who is anti-gun go to all the trouble to create this advertisement?

BOA.PNG
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:40 pm

You keep bringing BOA/BPS into it!!

Granted I'm on my phone and driving, so maybe it's in the fine print - but where do you see BOA's name on that??
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby sws002 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:50 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:You keep bringing BOA/BPS into it!!

Granted I'm on my phone and driving, so maybe it's in the fine print - but where do you see BOA's name on that??

BOA is who the BPS MasterCard goes through, the whole deal hinges on the fact that you MUST use your BPS card, but it is actually a BOA promotion. All of the discounts/promotions are reimbursed to BPS from BOA. Bass Pro is not like Cabelas, we do not have our own bank, the credit reps in store are technically BOA employees.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby sws002 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:54 pm

sws002 wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:You don't suppose the huge stink that was caused by McMillan had anything to do with BOA's deal with BPS??

I'm not quite sure how BOA's dealings with BPS are relevant at all?

I was referring to the stink that McMillan caused with this question. I'm not sure why McMillan would throw a shitfit about BOA if their beef was with BPS? After all, Bass Pro doesn't even deal with McMillan...
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby aunt betty » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:17 pm

It boils down to BOA will finance companies that sell firearms but not ones that manufacture them.
Arguing that they are attempting to stop the manufacture of firearms is met with the argument that no...they're ok will selling guns. Uhhhhhhh.
No offence but since I was called an idiot I gotta say the argument used to demonstrate I'm an idiot...is flawed to the point of being retarded.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby sws002 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:53 pm

aunt betty wrote:I gotta say the argument used to demonstrate I'm an idiot...is flawed to the point of being retarded.

Care to articulate why?

Dan at least has first hand accounts of what he is talking about, all you have is speculation.

Even if I indulge the fantasy that BOA is trying to stop the manufacturing of guns, they are literally promoting the sale (and thus the manufacturing) of guns. It would be entirely different if all they did was to provide the BPS MasterCard and were only supporting Bass Pro and not necessarily their gun sales. As has been said before, I hope I remember this thread come August so I can get a picture of the annual 2nd Amendment Savings promotion put on by BOA when you use your BPS MasterCard to buy a gun.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby capt1972 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:05 pm

very interesting (in an Einstein voice) :popcorn:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby AKPirate » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:11 pm

capt1972 wrote:very interesting (in an Einstein voice) :popcorn:

You eat more popcorn than anyone I know :mrgreen:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:52 pm

AKPirate wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby capt1972 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:11 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
AKPirate wrote:

:lol: :lol:

:popcorn: because :popcorn: popcorn :popcorn: is :popcorn: awesome! :popcorn:

:D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby AKPirate » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:18 pm

capt1972 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
AKPirate wrote:

:lol: :lol:

:popcorn: because :popcorn: popcorn :popcorn: is :popcorn: awesome! :popcorn:

:D

:popcorn:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby capt1972 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:20 pm

good stuff huh?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby AKPirate » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:25 pm

capt1972 wrote:good stuff huh?

Yep, Lotsa butter
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby capt1972 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:28 pm

AKPirate wrote:

Yep, Lotsa butter

Powdered Ranch Dressing Mix!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby AKPirate » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:37 pm

capt1972 wrote:
AKPirate wrote:

Yep, Lotsa butter

That sounds good
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:32 am

AKPirate wrote:
capt1972 wrote:
AKPirate wrote:

Yep, Lotsa butter

That sounds good

That sounds terrible. New Englanders have a horrible sense of taste.
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Next

Return to Handguns & Self Defense