Concealed carry

Re: Concealed carry

Postby Olly » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:37 pm

jehler wrote:
Olly wrote:
jehler wrote:Do you have a sign on your front door that says "open 8-5 come in and check out our menu?" I know your not so thick as to not see the difference, so why keep making analogies that are apple to orange?

Putting a sign that says open for business doesn't mean you give up rights to your property. If your argument was true then business wouldn't be able to refuse service to anyone. Or require that people wear shoes for example.

John, I don't think your whole heart is in this argument and I smell a little bit of trolling going on. Leave that for the white fish.
no troll, when you open your doors for business you still have rights sure, but it's not the same as your home, if I owned a bar and put a sign up that said "no Jews, retards or redheads" would that be legal? It's my property right, could have that rule at my house...

Ahhhh you must have missed the part where Dan and I are debating what the laws should be not what they are. Because in effect laws are fact and you cannot debate facts....
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby jehler » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:40 pm

So it's legal for me to open a diner and have a sign that says no blacks, cripples or redheads, that's what your saying?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:46 pm

I'll contend that as a corporate entity, BWW has no rights guaranteed by the constitution - therefore no rights to violate.

And yes, I'll concede that in the boss's house party scenario that my cc'ing violates his property rights - but only because he specifically asked no guns be present.

And for the record by boss asked me to do something today for about the 4th time in 6 months - and I told him to lick my butthole. Not relevant to the discussion, but I chuckled when you floated the "your boss asks you to ____"
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:55 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:I'll contend that as a corporate entity, BWW has no rights guaranteed by the constitution - therefore no rights to violate.

And yes, I'll concede that in the boss's house party scenario that my cc'ing violates his property rights - but only because he specifically asked no guns be present.

And for the record by boss asked me to do something today for about the 4th time in 6 months - and I told him to lick my butthole. Not relevant to the discussion, but I chuckled when you floated the "your boss asks you to ____"

That is a very interesting concept about the corporation having rights or not. Does the constitutional rights of the owners pass to the company?

Sent from my phone.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Found this while doing research, it's a good read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_personhood
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby jehler » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Are you ready to concede that a business open to the public is not the same in the eyes of the law as your home?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Olly » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:04 pm

jehler wrote:Are you ready to concede that a business open to the public is not the same in the eyes of the law as your home?

I never argued that point. You were debating yourself on that one John.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:18 pm

Olly wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:I'll contend that as a corporate entity, BWW has no rights guaranteed by the constitution - therefore no rights to violate.

That is a very interesting concept about the corporation having rights or not. Does the constitutional rights of the owners pass to the company?

Sent from my phone.

Well, back to your point earlier about the intentions of the original framers of the constitution - how do you think Jefferson or Madison would answer that question??

Should I be able to purchase a dozen shares of BWLD and give myself permission to cc at Bdubs?
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby jehler » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:18 pm

Olly wrote:
jehler wrote:Are you ready to concede that a business open to the public is not the same in the eyes of the law as your home?

I never argued that point. You were debating yourself on that one John.
are you kidding me, that was the basis of every analogy you have made in this thread, your the one trolling here boss
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:37 pm

So if I hang signs on the door at my shop and at my house that read "no squirt guns filled with piss", and you swing by both and start shootin', I can kick you out of my house but not at my shop?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:57 pm

jehler wrote:if I owned a bar and put a sign up that said "no Jews, retards or redheads"...

This deserves recognition.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:24 pm

This thread got to serious for me. Everybody can lick my balls
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Tiler_J » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:57 am

Redbeard wrote:This thread got to serious for me. Everybody can lick my balls

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seems to me, maybe this should be moved to Political/controversial issues forum. Looks like it has enough arguing/debating to fit right in. Please move it, so I never have to see it again! :thumbsup:

I put that entire forum on my Foe list. :lol:
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby BrewGUN » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:20 am

3legged_lab wrote:
jehler wrote:if I owned a bar and put a sign up that said "no Jews, retards or redheads"...

This deserves recognition.

His argument is void, John wouldnt turn down a redhead ;) :thumbsup:
BrewGUN

Postby Tomkat » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:26 am

Tiler_J wrote:

Seems to me, maybe this should be moved to Political/controversial issues forum. Looks like it has enough arguing/debating to fit right in. Please move it, so I never have to see it again! :thumbsup:

Exactly. Debate, or argument, will always lead to butt hurt on someones part.
Tomkat

Postby Tiler_J » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:35 am

Tomkat wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

You are a wise man TK! :thumbsup:
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:16 pm

Tiler_J wrote:
Tomkat wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

The wisdom of two 71 year olds?
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Tiler_J » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:43 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:
Tomkat wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

The wisdom of two 71 year olds?

It was either that or say "Thanks for stating the obvious!" I chose the first, sounded just a little bit nicer.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby DuckFuller » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:46 pm

Here in Alabama the age if Concealed carry is 18, anyone can open carry as of August 1, and you no longer have to be 21 to carry one as long as its concealed. Idk... I do know that there's alot of 18 year olds that do not need to carty concealed or open. Just not a good idea. But I always carry..
sometimes openly, most of the time you never would know it.

"An armed citizen is a happy citizen"
DuckFuller

Postby Juice Box » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:27 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379017646.844422.jpg

Merica!
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
"Olly cop hater? No

Olly American? Yes"
Juice Box

Postby RonE » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:10 pm

Juice Box wrote:

Merica!

Sometimes a 1911 response is better than a 911 response, faster too.

Why do you still have the price tag on that gun?
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Juice Box » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:07 pm

RonE wrote:
Juice Box wrote:

Merica!

Sometimes a 1911 response is better than a 911 response, faster too.

Why do you still have the price tag on that gun?

That gun isn't mine. I just found that pic on the Internet. My 1911 is a little more rough looking

Merica!
"Olly cop hater? No

Olly American? Yes"
Juice Box

Previous

Return to Handguns & Self Defense