Concealed carry

Re: Concealed carry

Postby Olly » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:54 am

don taylor wrote:Piss on those signs. I carry where I want and when I want and go where I want. Except if it's going to get me a federal charge, I'm packing. Bars, church, where ever. Concealed means unseen and if you see my gun, there's gonna be a muzzle flash shortly thereafter. At that point, it's life and death and I could care less. It's cliche, but I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Because private property rights means nothing to you?

Sent from my phone.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Tomkat » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:58 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Tomkat wrote:An armed society is a polite society.

I lean more towards open carry. But my life and situation are different than most.

^ ^truth! It can't be easy being Chuck Norris.

Its not, but I don't carry the burden for me.

I do it for the kids.
Tomkat

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:10 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:I carry regardless of their request. The fuck are they gonna do - frisk me? If you're doing it right, they'll never know anyway.

* disclaimer *

I don't have a permit. I'll never get a permit. I carry where I want. I guess I take the whole "shall not be infringed" thing literally.

When you look at where these mass public shootings have taken place recently, most all in were places where cc would have been illegal,l even with a permit. Fuck that. I'll be damned if I'm gonna be unarmed when shtf.

You pack around a sig right? What holster?
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:36 pm

DeSantis Insider for the 225, or in the ss pocket of my cargo pants/shorts

Galco ankle glove for the 232

DeSantis Super Fly for the Colt vest pocket.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby jehler » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Olly wrote:
don taylor wrote:Piss on those signs. I carry where I want and when I want and go where I want. Except if it's going to get me a federal charge, I'm packing. Bars, church, where ever. Concealed means unseen and if you see my gun, there's gonna be a muzzle flash shortly thereafter. At that point, it's life and death and I could care less. It's cliche, but I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Sent from my phone.
if they are letting in the general public it ain't that private jr
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:17 pm

Olly wrote:

Sent from my phone.

Compared to my rights of self defense - no.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:32 pm

So much passion in this thread
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby waterfowlman » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:19 pm

I carry concealed everywhere except federal buildings, court houses and police stations. If a business open to the public has a sign regarding firearms I ignore it every time. If you're carrying concealed no one should have any idea that you are......until you decide to double tap them......twice.
"Duty - Honor - Country".
waterfowlman

Postby hudson » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:51 pm

I open carry which is legal in my state but am planning on getting a permit to go oos.If a business doesn't allow it I shop elsewhere
hudson

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:58 pm

waterfowlman wrote:I carry concealed everywhere except federal buildings, court houses and police stations. If a business open to the public has a sign regarding firearms I ignore it every time. If you're carrying concealed no one should have any idea that you are......until you decide to double tap them......twice.

:lol::lol::lol:
Why do I get the feeling you passed on the role as the dos equis guy?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:59 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
waterfowlman wrote:I carry concealed everywhere except federal buildings, court houses and police stations. If a business open to the public has a sign regarding firearms I ignore it every time. If you're carrying concealed no one should have any idea that you are......until you decide to double tap them......twice.

:lol::lol::lol:
Why do I get the feeling you passed on the role as the dos equis guy?

:lol:
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Olly » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:25 pm

jehler wrote:
Olly wrote:

Sent from my phone.

That's like saying the general public should have control over the color of your house because everyone can see it.

If you don't respect the rights of a business owner but expect them to respect your rights as a gun owners you're a hypocrite.

I don't like that people in this country bar CCers from entering their businesses but I respect it and move on to the next store.

Sent from my phone.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:31 pm

I do avoid going in places where CHL is not allowed. That said when it affects me walking out should shit go down I disregard the signs as well. Sure it's their right to refuse CHL in their store but non the less I will prolong my life however I see fit.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:36 pm

So has anyone actually ever seen a private business with a sign saying You can't cc?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:37 pm

Just signs encouraging it.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:41 pm

I was just curious if all the arguing even had a base. Aside from the expected federal buildings, I've only seen it once at a credit union.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:41 pm

I have seen a few but I also spend an hour and a half every day at the local college. At least we aren't far away from being legal there.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Tomkat » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:48 pm

My office is kitty corner from the Hwy Patrol HQ.
Topeka is an armed city. I see guns at lunch no matter where I go. City of Topeka police, Capital Police, hwy patrol, KBI, sheriff, federal marshals office you name it am 2 blocks from it.

I cant carry into my building but we do have armed guards.

I know they can't be everywhere but damn I am surrounded by good guys. I open carry at home as do several of my neighbors.

I think the business owner should be able to post the sign. You don't see many of them in my world. I try to not do business with them.

All better now!
Tomkat

Postby Redbeard » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:04 pm

3legged_lab wrote:So has anyone actually ever seen a private business with a sign saying You can't cc?
not me
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:07 pm

They're all over the place in AZ.
assateague

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:43 pm

assateague wrote:They're all over the place in AZ.

In spanish though?
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:31 pm

Braille.
assateague

Postby AKPirate » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:46 pm

assateague wrote:Braille.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:55 pm

assateague wrote:Braille.

Easy enough for me to ignore.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Goldfish » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:35 am

3legged_lab wrote:So has anyone actually ever seen a private business with a sign saying You can't cc?

Yup, lots of them. They say "this establishment bans weapons on the property" or "in this building"

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:39 am

Goldfish wrote:

Yup, lots of them. They say "this establishment bans weapons on the property" or "in this building"

sent from a phancy fone

You should move!
Bootlipkiller

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:44 am

Goldfish wrote:

sent from a phancy fone

Must be cuz I live in the wild west, we just don't see that here.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Goldfish » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:53 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Goldfish wrote:

sent from a phancy fone

You should move!

Yes and no. I love Minnesota, but I wouldn't mind moving out of the cities more.

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby assateague » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:30 am

3legged_lab wrote:
Goldfish wrote:

sent from a phancy fone

Must be cuz I live in the wild west, we just don't see that here.

Fuck, I saw a couple of them in Tombstone. At the fancy-pants art galleries, but still- come on. You've got horses tied up to the rail in front of Big Nose Kate's Saloon two doors down, you have a mock gunfight in the street once a day on weekends, and you have a "no guns allowed" policy? In Tombstone? smdh.
assateague

Postby jehler » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:32 am

Olly wrote:
jehler wrote:
Olly wrote:

Sent from my phone.

That's like saying the general public should have control over the color of your house because everyone can see it.

If you don't respect the rights of a business owner but expect them to respect your rights as a gun owners you're a hypocrite.

I don't like that people in this country bar CCers from entering their businesses but I respect it and move on to the next store.

Sent from my phone.
you suck at analogies

My hypocrisy knows no bounds
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

PreviousNext

Return to Handguns & Self Defense