Concealed carry.

Re: Concealed carry.

Postby Bufflehead » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:05 pm

my fuse is way to short to be carrying a pistol around. they're fun to shoot though
Bufflehead

Postby Olly » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:20 pm

huntntech wrote:I sure wish Illionois would pass the conceal carry.

I have vowed to never go into that state based on it's hand gun laws. I dunno you do it man.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby huntntech » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:28 pm

Olly wrote:

I have vowed to never go into that state based on it's hand gun laws. I dunno you do it man.

I definitely don't like it, but I've never lived where you can carry. I guess that makes it a little easier since I had never gotten used to it. I'm hoping it will get passed soon though.
huntntech

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:33 pm

I don't know how I didn't realize it, but Illinois is the only state that doesn't have some form of concealed carry. Crazy. I'm so glad MO finally became a reciprocated state. It used the be up until about a year ago, that CC was legal EXCEPT a city or town had a law against it. The NRA got involved and pointed out state law supersedes city law so now its legal to carry everywhere. Except obviously schools, courthouses ect. and private businesses that have it posted.
"There's something about sitting in a duck blind by the lake, staring zen like at the sky hour after after, then blasting one of Gods creatures out of the air. Man that is a great time." - Anthony Bourdain
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby duckkillerclyde » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:51 pm

MOhuntingGuy wrote:I don't know how I didn't realize it, but Illinois is the only state that doesn't have some form of concealed carry. Crazy. I'm so glad MO finally became a reciprocated state. It used the be up until about a year ago, that CC was legal EXCEPT a city or town had a law against it. The NRA got involved and pointed out state law supersedes city law so now its legal to carry everywhere. Except obviously schools, courthouses ect. and private businesses that have it posted.

Why not schools?

Here in OR we carry in schools.

Schools is probably the place you should carry most. Think of all the school shooting that have happened at public schools. Public schools are public property and your rights are being infringed upon if you are not allowed to exercise your right everywhere.

In the case of court houses you can't carry in them for sake of the judges protection, that is why everyone is disarmed except law enforcement.

As far as I know, all federal building are a no carry zone. I don't agree with it.
duckkillerclyde

Postby Rooster » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:28 pm

I have a ruger lcp 380 I carry majority of the time. I have other guns I can carry but the lcp is so small its very comfortable and easy to conceal.
Rooster

Concealed carry.

Postby Westie25 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:32 pm

You should carry the 44 magnum
Westie25

Postby Rooster » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:01 pm

That was a sweet gun. I sold it about 6 months ago though. I regret it often
Rooster

Concealed carry.

Postby assateague » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Don't even get me going about these communists here.
assateague

Concealed carry.

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:55 pm

assateague wrote:Don't even get me going about these communists here.

No I think I'd like to hear it from you :D
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Concealed carry.

Postby assateague » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:00 am

Technically, you can get one. You apply through the MD state police. If its for a "personal concern" reason, you have to have copies of police reports relating to your concern. Usually at least 3 on the same person before they'll even consider it. If its a monetary thing (you own a bar/store, handle lots of cash for night deposits, etc) you have to provide 6 months worth of bank statements and time stamped deposit tickets to prove it. And in this case, if you get a CCL it will only be "valid" for certain times relating directly to your activities, for instance only on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 11 pm to 3 am. It's the most ridiculous thing ever.
assateague

Postby Olly » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:05 am

That sucks, I have my GA CPL and went in paid my fee and a month later it was in my mailbox here in MI.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Concealed carry.

Postby assateague » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:14 am

When I was working in AZ up until a year and a half ago, I walked in and bought my XD. While he was running the check, I bought a box of ammo, loaded up two mags, locked and loaded one, picked out a small leather carry holster, tucked it in my belt under my shirt, the other guy came back out, completed the sale, and out the door I went. No waiting period, no CCL needed, just common freaking sense. I did like that state. And my drivers license cost $20, and was valid until 2025.
assateague

Postby QH's Paw » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:45 am

assateague wrote:When I was working in AZ up until a year and a half ago, I walked in and bought my XD. While he was running the check, I bought a box of ammo, loaded up two mags, locked and loaded one, picked out a small leather carry holster, tucked it in my belt under my shirt, the other guy came back out, completed the sale, and out the door I went. No waiting period, no CCL needed, just common freaking sense. I did like that state. And my drivers license cost $20, and was valid until 2025.

Sounds like WY, no permit required. Common sense says you have a right to defend yourself and your family, even if it hadn't been written.
QH's Paw

Concealed carry.

Postby Flightstopper » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:35 am

Absurd man. Texas is pretty good with carry laws I guess.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby huntall6 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:49 am

We are closer than ever! its sick and sad that a person in IL has NO chance of obtaining any sort of carry permit. We just need to keep pitting up a fight for our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS! My AZ permit should be on its way to me so I can carry in surrounding states.
Redbeard wrote:Buy not when. I hit that damne pole

Feelin' Fowl wrote:Big dick cakes are delicious!
huntall6

Postby josh ward » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:07 am

Always carry, dont usually conceal. There is no requirement to conceal here in Indinana. Its not uncommon at all to see an openly carried handgun.

My primary is an Ed Brown SF

When I'm out in the field training or working ect, its an STI 1911, I don't care if it gets beat to crap... :D

HRCH UH Crosspeakes Colonel Cooper HRC 500pt Club
Brandywine's Big nose Kate
Brandywine's Rough Rider
josh ward

Concealed carry.

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:22 am

Damn nice guns. From what I hear those STI's are made maybe 15 miles from my hometown. Shoot very good
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:38 am

I so badly want to carry. The fact that I cannot get a CC here in the People's Republic is primarily what keeps me from owning a pistol here. I know me. I'd carry the thing illegally. I've seen me do it.
assateague

Postby Olly » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:47 am

Why on earth do you live there again? I won't ever live on the west coast, north east or Illinois. I could never live in any state that didn't care about my personal safety enough to allow CC.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby assateague » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:52 am

My stepdaughter and the family farm. I don't want to move her away from her dad, even if he is an ass, and she doesn't much care for him. When she's old enough to speak her own mind (and mean it), then maybe, but I'm not going to force anybody into anything. And down here on the Eastern Shore of MD, the state government is something to be tolerated only. The overwhelming majority are just like me, so it's much easier. We're generally looked down on as some sort of redneck outlaw tribe across the Bay, which is fine with us. Little respect for cops, laws, or game wardens, so it all works out.
assateague

Postby duckkillerclyde » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:00 am

Olly wrote:Why on earth do you live there again? I won't ever live on the west coast, north east or Illinois. I could never live in any state that didn't care about my personal safety enough to allow CC.

Why not west coast?
duckkillerclyde

Postby Olly » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:01 am

All good reasons. :beer:
Olly
WFF Administrator

Concealed carry.

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:13 am

duckkillerclyde wrote:
Olly wrote:Why on earth do you live there again? I won't ever live on the west coast, north east or Illinois. I could never live in any state that didn't care about my personal safety enough to allow CC.

Why not west coast?

Kalifornia, too much rain and might run into you
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby duckkillerclyde » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:31 am

I don't live in CA. Rain is good.
duckkillerclyde

Postby Olly » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:32 am

duckkillerclyde wrote:

Why not west coast?

I know parts of OR aren't like this but the west coast gave me a bad vibe when I was there. I dunno if it was all the hippies or what but I just didn't like it.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby assateague » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:50 am

Olly wrote:
duckkillerclyde wrote:

Why not west coast?

I know parts of OR aren't like this but the west coast gave me a bad vibe when I was there. I dunno if it was all the hippies or what but I just didn't like it.

Same here. Between being stationed in Monterey and Seattle, I spent almost two years living/travelling up and down the coast. It was beautiful in parts, but always had the vibe. This may sound stupid, but growing up on the ocean, I attribute the vibe to the ocean being on the wrong side. The ocean's where the sun's supposed to come FROM, not go TO.
assateague

Postby duckkillerclyde » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:58 am

assateague wrote:
Same here. Between being stationed in Monterey and Seattle, I spent almost two years living/travelling up and down the coast. It was beautiful in parts, but always had the vibe. This may sound stupid, but growing up on the ocean, I attribute the vibe to the ocean being on the wrong side. The ocean's where the sun's supposed to come FROM, not go TO.

ha ha. Reminds me of a my ex-girlfriends prom her senior year. We told her folks that we were going to the beach to watch the sun rise......
duckkillerclyde

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:12 pm

that was just this past spring wasnt it clyde?
FlintRiverFowler

Postby duckkillerclyde » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:13 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:that was just this past spring wasnt it clyde?

Why would you think that?
duckkillerclyde

PreviousNext

Return to Handguns & Self Defense