Concealed carry.

Concealed carry.

Postby whisperin' duck » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:29 pm

I carry everyday. Normally I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II and on a rare occasion a Custom Crimson Carry II in a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe. If I'm doin' something where I may get it nasty I carry an HK P2000 in a Crossbreed. I've found the HK to be reliable even if it's full of sand, mud, water, frozen, etc. I've put it through the ringer. I've dunked it in the muck and fired it, put it in a plastic bag with water and stuck it in the freezer over night and fired it. It's gonna go boom no matter what. I just find the 1911 to be more accurate, carry more comfortably, and give me more confidence. To me confidence is key when carrying.

Sent via my pretentious BlackBerry using Tapatalk while on the crapper
whisperin' duck

Re: Concealed carry.

Postby Olly » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:55 am

Flightstopper wrote:Image

If it wasn't so close to duck season I'd be all over that. If you still have it for sale around Dec PM me.

Sent from Tapatalk
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Concealed carry.

Postby Flightstopper » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:19 am

Olly wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:Image

If it wasn't so close to duck season I'd be all over that. If you still have it for sale around Dec PM me.

Sent from Tapatalk

Will do. Forgot to add the remora style pocket holster to the list of extras.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Well finally found my new carry weapon after selling the glock. Dan Wesson CCO, commander size slide and officer sized frame. Head over heels in love :lol:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345316942.225106.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345316958.375439.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby huntall6 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Hammer back, safety off, huh...

Nice piece, FS!
Redbeard wrote:Buy not when. I hit that damne pole

Feelin' Fowl wrote:Big dick cakes are delicious!
huntall6

Postby Flightstopper » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:32 pm

huntall6 wrote:Hammer back, safety off, huh...

Nice piece, FS!

I like to live on the edge :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

Pic was actually taken moments before I broke it down, didn't even have a mag in it.

Ever pic up the 1911 you were looking for?
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:42 pm

I should have bought that Glock, I knew I'd regret not picking it up off you. :lol:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby huntall6 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:44 pm

Yup. Just a little guy...
uploadfromtaptalk1345401854994.jpg

Para ordinance "slim hawg". 3" in .45

huntall6

Postby Flightstopper » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Olly wrote:I should have bought that Glock, I knew I'd regret not picking it up off you. :lol:

Should have pounced on it :lol: I can say it is in good hands though and I think her husband likes it too :lol: :lol:

hntall, how's that 3'' working out for you? Have heard mixed reviews on them. The one I picked up is a 4.25" barrel on a officer size frame. It really disappears like no other when carrying.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby ManlyMan » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:28 pm

My roommate just bought a gen 4 glock 19. Pretty snazzy little gun.
ManlyMan

Postby Flightstopper » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:32 pm

ManlyMan wrote:My roommate just bought a gen 4 glock 19. Pretty snazzy little gun.

Great guns, your xd still treating you good?
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby whisperin' duck » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:03 pm

That's a nice piece FS. I've never handled one of those. I'm gonna have to check them out cause that is sexy. :thumbsup:
whisperin' duck

Postby Flightstopper » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:07 pm

Thanks man it's well worth the look
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby huntall6 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:50 pm

I love my little piece. I am just now getting a good feel for it, though. Only put about 250 rounds through it, but it is as accurate as I am. That combined with a cheap galco makes me feel better around my place.

huntall6

Postby assateague » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
Olly wrote:I should have bought that Glock, I knew I'd regret not picking it up off you. :lol:

Should have pounced on it :lol: I can say it is in good hands though and I think her husband likes it too :lol: :lol:

hntall, how's that 3'' working out for you? Have heard mixed reviews on them. The one I picked up is a 4.25" barrel on a officer size frame. It really disappears like no other when carrying.

Her husband probably doesn't really know, because his wife probably hogs the gun.
assateague

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:57 pm

:lol: :lol:
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Westie25 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:22 pm

Lacey just picked this up today. I'll end up carrying it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350152558.438849.jpg
Westie25

Postby huntntech » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:54 pm

Is that the LCP or LC9? It's hard to tell on my phone. I bought the LC9 for my wife and she really likes it. It's been a real good gun.
huntntech

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:11 pm

I'd say LCP
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:09 pm

I have to say, I'm impressed so far with my Hellcat, especially for the price.
assateague

Postby Goldfish » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:45 pm

Seeing all this makes me really want to get all my crap in line and get myself something to carry. If I got my permit to carry, then I guess I could possibly justify getting a hand gun, but really, handguns are just expensive toys and I've got other things money should go to. You guys suck.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Olly » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:56 pm

Goldfish wrote:Seeing all this makes me really want to get all my crap in line and get myself something to carry. If I got my permit to carry, then I guess I could possibly justify getting a hand gun, but really, handguns are just expensive toys and I've got other things money should go to. You guys suck.

I don't look as my handguns as toys or even luxuries. If I had to choose between my handguns and my shotguns there wouldn't be a choice.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Goldfish » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:06 pm

In my mind, I justify my shotgun and rifle as hunting tools, of which get me game (or, should get me game). Handguns you shoot paper, with the exception of large caliber guns which you could use for hunting, but then you can't really carry them.

^
my dilema
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Olly » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:14 pm

Goldfish wrote:In my mind, I justify my shotgun and rifle as hunting tools, of which get me game (or, should get me game). Handguns you shoot paper, with the exception of large caliber guns which you could use for hunting, but then you can't really carry them.

^
my dilema

You can't carry a shotgun concealed in a public place to protect yourself. People are crazy these days.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:23 pm

Without the ability to defend yourself should the situation arise the need to gather food with the shotgun falls on the list of importance.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Exactly. Heck, I'm not even allowed to carry, but got another, smaller pistol just to carry. I'm breaking the law right now, as a matter of fact, and really don't care. Like Olly said, people are crazy anymore. Believe it or not, I'm not some whackadoodle conspiracy guy, but the thought of being stuck in a situation either with people shooting at me or just being stuck 20 miles from home, you're damn right I want a pistol. I keep a shotgun in the Jeep, too, but I can't carry that into the mall, no matter how short the barrel is.
assateague

Postby Goldfish » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Ok. There is a gun shop on the other end of the cities that lets you rent guns to try. What should I go try out? I'm not a very big guy with hands that have never been called burly. All I've ever shot for hand guns was my friend's mom's little 380 at a pop can when we were up north 10 years ago. I don't really know anyone who does the handgun stuff to go and try out stuff or know what is what or what would work best, etc.

Learn me, lol.
Goldfish

Postby assateague » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:09 pm

Used to be a place right off 395 in Minnetonka that rented guns, if I remember right. Since I live in a state where I have to break the law to carry, I went with the smallest .380 I could find. It shoots decent, and carries very well. If I lived somewhere where I could carry legally, I'd carry a .40 of some flavor. Just my opinion.
assateague

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:23 pm

Glock 23, 19, 26, 27 are all good carry guns to look at. Also the corresponding sizesptingfield xd is a good choice. If you want a real sidearm. Dan Wesson CCO :wink:
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Westie25 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:46 pm

huntntech wrote:Is that the LCP or LC9? It's hard to tell on my phone. I bought the LC9 for my wife and she really likes it. It's been a real good gun.

Lc9
Westie25

PreviousNext

Return to Handguns & Self Defense