I would like...

Re: I would like...

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:29 am

No, I haven't - because Remington has a reputation for building substandard firearms with junk quality control and I'd never seriously consider buying one.

Having a gun that fails while duck hunting is an annoyance, having one that fails while someone is kicking in your door is a touch more serious than that.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby sws002 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:53 am

R. Chapman wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:Probably right.

They fucked up the 870 - what makes you think they can build a 1911??

Have you actually even picked one up at a shop and finger fucked it a little? I own one, and like the dickens out of it. I don't why you'd pay 2x the amount on a Kimber or Para when the R1s are just fine a really a good gun that's accurate. Just my thought.

I fucking sell them for a living, Remington is garbage, they've proved it repeatedly over the past 15 years. Just because you're happy doesn't make it any less true. To be quite honest I'd rather have a Taurus 1911.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby R. Chapman » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:18 am

sws002 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

Have you actually even picked one up at a shop and finger fucked it a little? I own one, and like the dickens out of it. I don't why you'd pay 2x the amount on a Kimber or Para when the R1s are just fine a really a good gun that's accurate. Just my thought.

I fucking sell them for a living, Remington is garbage, they've proved it repeatedly over the past 15 years. Just because you're happy doesn't make it any less true. To be quite honest I'd rather have a Taurus 1911.

R1s are better than any other 1911 in the price range period. You can't base anything else they've made on it. They hadn't made a pistol in a long time before the R1. They put actual time and quality into these. Just my opinion though.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:27 am

R. Chapman wrote:R1s are better than any other 1911 in the price range period. You can't base anything else they've made on it. They hadn't made a pistol in a long time before the R1. They put actual time and quality into these. Just my opinion though.

false, i would say Auto Ordinance makes a much better 1911, and price wise is a few hundred less than Remington. Remington didn't make it to JMB specs either. if they had, it would be all forged instead of cast (but AO is cast as well). that said, I haven't had any problems with my Remington, but it's not necessarily better than other comparable pistols. I would much rather have an AO than the Remington.
Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:18 pm
huntall6 wrote:MT is right.

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:41 am

Isn't the Springfield Mil Spec, cheaper and "better"?
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:44 am

Feelin' Fowl wrote:Isn't the Springfield Mil Spec, cheaper and "better"?

everything i've read seems to be 50/50 on Springfields, when i was buying that was what I originally wanted to get though. These days I would much rather get a newer AO. their old models had problems, but they were acquired by Kahr and now put out a much better quality pistol (and are made in the US).

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Postby sws002 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:28 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
sws002 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

R1s are better than any other 1911 in the price range period. You can't base anything else they've made on it. They hadn't made a pistol in a long time before the R1. They put actual time and quality into these. Just my opinion though.

And exactly what makes you think you know that they put "time and quality" into these? Were you kept informed throughout the R&D phase of production? I most certainly could use the past 15 years of garbage to draw assumptions, but rest assured I am not drawing assumptions. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the new R51 is going to be....what....you guessed it... GARBAGE!
There have been at least 4 guns listed that are of at the very least equal, but arguably better quality, with better features, for less money. Some day you will learn, RMFC, that sadly, the USA doesn't always build the best (factory) guns. Remington is a GLARING example of this, because EVERYTHING they have made in the past 15-20 years is absolute trash. 710, 770, 783, 597, 887, I could keep going, but I've got better things to do.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby R. Chapman » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:35 pm

sws002 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
sws002 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

And exactly what makes you think you know that they put "time and quality" into these? Were you kept informed throughout the R&D phase of production? I most certainly could use the past 15 years of garbage to draw assumptions, but rest assured I am not drawing assumptions. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the new R51 is going to be....what....you guessed it... GARBAGE!
There have been at least 4 guns listed that are of at the very least equal, but arguably better quality, with better features, for less money. Some day you will learn, RMFC, that sadly, the USA doesn't always build the best (factory) guns. Remington is a GLARING example of this, because EVERYTHING they have made in the past 15-20 years is absolute trash. 710, 770, 783, 597, 887, I could keep going, but I've got better things to do.

Now those models you listed are junk, agreed there. You can tell by sales numbers and other shit. I'm not to impressed on this new pistol they came out with. R51? Compact 9 or .380 right? Not much of a fun for plastic.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:03 pm

They literally built 10,000,000 (ten million) 870's and then completely fucked up the quality control to the point that THE BEST, most bullet proof pump gun ever made would not function reliably.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby sws002 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:10 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:They literally built 10,000,000 (ten million) 870's and then completely fucked up the quality control to the point that THE BEST, most bullet proof pump gun ever made would not function reliably.

This.

#1 Selling shotgun of all time, they managed to fuck it up. What makes you think they can't fuck up a 1911.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby assateague » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:33 pm

I happen to like my 597, thank you very much :lol:
assateague

Postby huntall6 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:41 am

RMFC, you are talking out of your ass. there is only 1 1911 that is built exactly to JMB's specs and there is a 6 year waiting period to get one, plus they cost several thousand dollars and made the same way (by hand) as Browning did the first prototype.

the remmy is not a bad choice but not the best in the price range. Springfield's base line model is only a little more with higher performance and much better reviews. i would put my turkish Girsan up against a remmy in fit and finish as well as accuracy. they really aren't anything over the top special like you are saying. i would buy a stainless taurus or ruger before a remmington. but if you are going to spend 750-800 you might as well jump up into colt or kimber territory for around 1000.
Redbeard wrote:Buy not when. I hit that damne pole

Feelin' Fowl wrote:Big dick cakes are delicious!
huntall6

Postby sws002 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:52 am

huntall6 wrote:RMFC, you are talking out of your ass. there is only 1 1911 that is built exactly to JMB's specs and there is a 6 year waiting period to get one, plus they cost several thousand dollars and made the same way (by hand) as Browning did the first prototype.

the remmy is not a bad choice but not the best in the price range. Springfield's base line model is only a little more with higher performance and much better reviews. i would put my turkish Girsan up against a remmy in fit and finish as well as accuracy. they really aren't anything over the top special like you are saying. i would buy a stainless taurus or ruger before a remmington. but if you are going to spend 750-800 you might as well jump up into colt or kimber territory for around 1000.

Fucking exactly.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:19 pm

huntall6 wrote:RMFC, you are talking out of your ass. there is only 1 1911 that is built exactly to JMB's specs and there is a 6 year waiting period to get one, plus they cost several thousand dollars and made the same way (by hand) as Browning did the first prototype.

who has the 6 year waiting period with exact specs?

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:29 pm

$700-$800? Holy fuck! They're about $550 here. Jesus Christ!
R. Chapman

Postby huntall6 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:37 pm

Cheapest I have seen around here is 695 before tax

huntall6

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:40 pm

huntall6 wrote:Cheapest I have seen around here is 695 before tax

We don't have taxes and MT Outdoor Sports Still sells them for $550.
R. Chapman

Postby huntall6 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:41 pm

(MT)Montanafowler wrote:

I can't think of the guys name. I will have to google him when I get to a computer.

The guns are pretty cool. They have the entire trigger machined out of one chunk of steel and to take the mag release off it requires a small pin that you twist out instead of the flathead screw. As well as that small and centered ejection port that Browning first started with. He said it took something like 5 years for the guy to authentically recreate the original 1911

huntall6

Postby huntall6 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:42 pm

R. Chapman wrote:

Aparently I need to move there. Even the Taurus is 650 here.

huntall6

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:46 pm

huntall6 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

Helena is one hell of a town to buy guns, especially used ones. I don't know if any of you remember but I got a Solid Rib Duck Gun, Solid Rib Trap, and a Solid Rib 20 gauge perch belly model 12s, all three for a total about $1500. Hell, the other day, Capital had a Sako Finn Bear L61R action in .270 Winchester made back in the 70s if I recall correctly. $650 was the price and it was in fine shape. Gone in 2 days.
R. Chapman

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:06 pm

huntall6 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

we do have pretty baller prices on guns, i consistently see everything here for hundreds less than it would be everywhere else.

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:19 pm

huntall6 wrote:
(MT)Montanafowler wrote:

I can't think of the guys name. I will have to google him when I get to a computer.

The guns are pretty cool. They have the entire trigger machined out of one chunk of steel and to take the mag release off it requires a small pin that you twist out instead of the flathead screw. As well as that small and centered ejection port that Browning first started with. He said it took something like 5 years for the guy to authentically recreate the original 1911

That sounds badass.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby huntall6 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:03 pm

this is the closest i can find. but not the guy who i was talking about. this is the 1911 design after the revision in 1918.
http://www.turnbullmfg.com/store.asp?pid=37325&catid=19872

i really wish i could remember the guys name who copies JMB original blueprints. i saw a behind the scenes with him about how me makes them but i cant find his company or the episode that i watched. :(

huntall6

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:58 pm

huntall6 wrote:this is the closest i can find. but not the guy who i was talking about. this is the 1911 design after the revision in 1918.
http://www.turnbullmfg.com/store.asp?pid=37325&catid=19872

i really wish i could remember the guys name who copies JMB original blueprints. i saw a behind the scenes with him about how me makes them but i cant find his company or the episode that i watched. :(

wow, that looks absolutely fantastic!

I just got back from Sportsman's and checked out an AO 1911, can easily tell it's far superior to the Remington. so much so, that i'm gonna go sell mine and get the AO. price went up on them, i should have bought the AO when it was $410, now $550.

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Postby huntall6 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:01 pm

Are you going with an a1? Or an updated model with beaver tail, lowered/flared ejection port, etc...

huntall6

Postby huntall6 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:06 pm

if you are going with an a1, buds has one in stock for 500 shipped. depending on your ffl fee, you may save a few bucks.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_894/products_id/411539778/Auto+Ordnance+1911A1+WWII+Parkerized

if this is a carry gun, i would highly recommend stepping up to a stainless model. my poor parkerized gun looks like it has been to hell and back due to the loss of the finish. but then again, it has an aluminum alloy frame, so that might make a difference.

huntall6

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:24 pm

yeah it's an A1. problem with buying online is that i want to make sure it's not an old stock AO, because they're still floating around. those were shitty according to everything i've read. the new ones are very good though. for 50 bucks more i can walk out the door with it, worth it to me to not have to deal with ffl shit.

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Postby hudson » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:14 pm

Check out the sig 1911.i had a Kimber and my sig 1911 scorpion is a better gun
hudson

Postby clampdaddy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:56 pm

....one of those 30 round .22 mag pistols. Unfortunately we can't buy them here in Ca. :evil:
clampdaddy

Previous

Return to Handguns & Self Defense