Looking for something very...

Re: Looking for something very...

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:02 pm

waterfowlman wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
waterfowlman wrote:S&W hammerless model 642 in .38+P. Don't buy anything until you have at least looked at one.
I carry a matched set in my two front pockets and almost forget they are there most of the time.
Shorts and a T-shirt carry!! Here's what my four pants pockets almost always look like.
would really like to go this route but price may be a determining factor for now.

What's that in the bottom right?

Hi Standard double action, two shot .22 mag derringer in a wallet holster. Some prick gets the jump on me and wants my wallet, he's getting two powder burns on his chest instead. Strictly a belly gun.

Crazy looking gun. Had never seen one of these before.

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1395889343226.jpg[/attachment]
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby RonE » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:07 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:I like my Ruger LCP but I would also checkout the XDS.

LCP is very uncomfortable to shoot.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby RonE » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:21 pm

Bought my wife a lightweight hammerless S & W 5 shot .38 Spcl revolver. Had the trigger/hammer reworked for a lighter pull. It is light weight, has an easy double action trigger pull and my wife shoots it as well as she shoots her Smith Mod 49. She has arthritis and cannot rack the slide on a semi auto well enough to make the gun worthwhile if she needs it. She shot the S&W bodyguard double action to qualify for her Concealed Handgun License and shot the highest score in her class. For lightweight concealed carry, many people prefer a hammerless revolver because it is almost impossible to snag the revolver on your clothing or your pocket and reaction time to the first shot is fast even compared to a semi auto that you have to remove the safety before firing. No safety on the revolver. If weight in not a factor, the HK P7 is a nice pistol for carry.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:48 am

I carry a 938, and usually a Colt vest-pocket .25acp
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Tomkat » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:13 am

Redbeard wrote:...compact. And light. Something I can pocket carry without a holster. Something light enough to carry in shorts or sweats pockets without it looking like I have a raging boner for the fat chick at the register in front of me

I used to be in the know and up to date on the latest greatest toys, but I just don't care anymore. I usually carry a glock 23. But not something you can stuff in shorts or sweats pockets.

Tired of bumping into people off duty that I had to deal with at work and being unarmed cause I wore sweats that day

Throw some idea at me

Red,
Look @ the new Double Tap pistol. It is exactly what you are looking for. You can switch barrels between 9mm and 45 acp... And its like 8 ounces, about the size of a deck of cards.
Tomkat

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:21 am

Tomkat wrote:
Redbeard wrote:...compact. And light. Something I can pocket carry without a holster. Something light enough to carry in shorts or sweats pockets without it looking like I have a raging boner for the fat chick at the register in front of me

I used to be in the know and up to date on the latest greatest toys, but I just don't care anymore. I usually carry a glock 23. But not something you can stuff in shorts or sweats pockets.

Tired of bumping into people off duty that I had to deal with at work and being unarmed cause I wore sweats that day

Throw some idea at me

Red,
Look @ the new Double Tap pistol. It is exactly what you are looking for. You can switch barrels between 9mm and 45 acp... And its like 8 ounces, about the size of a deck of cards.

Take it you didn't read any of the other posts before writing that?
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:08 am

Tomkat wrote:

Throw some idea at me

Red,

I did not pull the trigger twice, I'm nowhere near that mad at paper. It might even be more comfortable to punch a steel plate than shoot that thing.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Goldfish » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:03 am

So, what you are already "carrying" in your shorts

How did we let that go that long without a shot like this? We are slipping
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby sws002 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:13 am

Some good suggestions in here so far. Those little wallet holsters that WFM posted are the shit, they make one for the LCP (should fit the TCP too) as well and that would be my first choice. The 642 is an awesome option, but you will have to put it in some sort of holster/sleeve if you don't want to print. The Glock 42 is a badass little gun, had a hard time not buying the first one to come across our shelf.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby aunt betty » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:17 am

Have a little Raven 25 auto.
It goes bang and would hurt a little if hit someone got shot with it. Probably just piss em off good.

Back in the day they called it a Saturday Night Special because you could buy one for $25 or less.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Redbeard » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:18 am

Goldfish wrote:

So, what you are already "carrying" in your shorts

How did we let that go that long without a shot like this? We are slipping
you're asking to see it aren't you? Just say the word
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Goldfish » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:34 am

My zoom isn't that good on my phone

(I swear if I see a text message from you, I'm chucking my phone across the room, lol)
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:42 am

Goldfish wrote:My zoom isn't that good on my phone

(I swear if I see a text message from you, I'm chunking my phone across the room, lol)

fify
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby waterfowlman » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:44 am

sws002 wrote:Some good suggestions in here so far. Those little wallet holsters that WFM posted are the shit, they make one for the LCP (should fit the TCP too) as well and that would be my first choice. The 642 is an awesome option, but you will have to put it in some sort of holster/sleeve if you don't want to print. The Glock 42 is a badass little gun, had a hard time not buying the first one to come across our shelf.

I worked with a guy who had a tailor line all of his front pockets with a heavy cotton fabric that hid his pair of S&W model 642 .38's. He usually also carried a couple of other guns, but the .38's were always there.
I use the cheap Uncle Mikes fabric holsters and cut all mounting clips off of them for my matched pair of model 642's. The holsters ALWAYS stay in my front pockets when the pistols are drawn. Something about the holster fabric that "sticks" to the inside of the pockets.
"Duty - Honor - Country".
waterfowlman

Postby Goldfish » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:58 am

rebelp74 wrote:

(I swear if I see a text message from you, I'm chunking my phone across the room, lol)

fify

Don't make me start another thread, lol
Goldfish

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:30 am

sws002 wrote:Some good suggestions in here so far. Those little wallet holsters that WFM posted are the shit, they make one for the LCP (should fit the TCP too) as well and that would be my first choice. The 642 is an awesome option, but you will have to put it in some sort of holster/sleeve if you don't want to print. The Glock 42 is a badass little gun, had a hard time not buying the first one to come across our shelf.

Check this one out, just came across it yesterday. Curved to hide printing and also has a tab to push off with using your thumb. Allows you to break retention before you draw or possibly push it off should the holster come out. Just ordered one so will find out. Only fear is the holster will always want to come out unless you push off the thumb tab

http://www.alabamaholster.com/product/f ... t-holster/
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:09 pm

Theres a company, cant remember who, that makes a front pocket holster that the outside is some kind of fabric that kind of "sticks" to the inside of your pocket. Might have been DeSantis.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:13 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:06 pm

Goldfish wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:

fify

Don't make me start another thread, lol

Bless your heart
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:57 pm

I carry the 938 in a Superfly or a Galco ankle rig
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:27 pm

This will fit in nicely.

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1395977220132.jpg[/attachment]
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby huntall6 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:09 pm

i carry my TCP in a blackhawk pocket holster when at home (i do plan on getting a nemisis pocket holster. it covors less of the grip for a smoother draw). even in pj pants, it doesnt pull them down. the only issue i have run into is having to modify my grip some while shooting as to not hit the slide lock during the recoil. besides that, i have had no issues and am really liking this little $200 gun. not to mention you cant find a magazine anywhere for it and it only comes with 1. :(
Redbeard wrote:Buy not when. I hit that damne pole

Feelin' Fowl wrote:Big dick cakes are delicious!
huntall6

Postby Redbeard » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:22 pm

Taurus??? That's like hunting ducks with a mossberg
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:23 pm

Gonna wait til I can fondle a glock 42. Have played with the LCP and bodyguard already
Redbeard

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:28 pm

Redbeard wrote:Taurus??? That's like hunting ducks with a mossberg

Awesome?
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:00 pm

Redbeard wrote:Gonna wait til I can fondle a glock 42. Have played with the LCP and bodyguard already

Don't waste your time.

Shot it. Wasn't impressed. Accuracy was marginal, which is saying a lot for a gun that needs to be able to punch holes at 15 feet.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:31 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
Redbeard wrote:Gonna wait til I can fondle a glock 42. Have played with the LCP and bodyguard already

Don't waste your time.

Shot it. Wasn't impressed. Accuracy was marginal, which is saying a lot for a gun that needs to be able to punch holes at 15 feet.
ive heard the opposite from a guy at work
Redbeard

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Maybe it was just the one I shot.
Maybe I'm comparing it to my 938.
But I wasn't impressed.

I'm also not a lover of the Glock.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:12 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Maybe it was just the one I shot.
Maybe I'm comparing it to my 938.
But I wasn't impressed.

I'm also not a lover of the Glock.

That's cause 938 is a bad ass little weapon. Been carrying the 642 I picked up in a cheap pair of basketball shorts all day. Hasn't bothered me a bit and doesn't print near enough to even consider there is a gun in my pocket. Very pleased with the feel of the grip and how smooth it draws from my pocket. WFM has it figured out for a pocket gun. :thumbsup:
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Goldfish » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:57 am

Anyone have any experience with one of these?
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/05/jeremy-s/gun-review-taurus-738-tcp/

I'm thinking of leaning more towards Assa's medium theory and get two guns, a small carry gun, and then something larger for in the woods etc
Goldfish

PreviousNext

Return to Handguns & Self Defense