Looking for something very...

Postby Redbeard » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:09 am

...compact. And light. Something I can pocket carry without a holster. Something light enough to carry in shorts or sweats pockets without it looking like I have a raging boner for the fat chick at the register in front of me

I used to be in the know and up to date on the latest greatest toys, but I just don't care anymore. I usually carry a glock 23. But not something you can stuff in shorts or sweats pockets.

Tired of bumping into people off duty that I had to deal with at work and being unarmed cause I wore sweats that day

Throw some idea at me
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Re: Looking for something very...

Postby jarbo03 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:11 am

Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby capt1972 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:15 am

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3geese4me » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:18 am

jarbo03 wrote:Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary

This.
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:22 am

I just bought a TCP. The thing is tiny and looks no bigger than a cell phone in my pocket.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Goldfish » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:39 am

You can get yourself a modern day derringer
It's called a double tap.

(for the record, I'd pass on it)
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby waterfowlman » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:43 am

S&W hammerless model 642 in .38+P. Don't buy anything until you have at least looked at one.
I carry a matched set in my two front pockets and almost forget they are there most of the time.
Shorts and a T-shirt carry!! Here's what my four pants pockets almost always look like.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
"Duty - Honor - Country".
waterfowlman

Postby waterfowlman » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:57 am

Red
You can also look into "Thunderwear" to carry the S&W model 642 in. It's like a jockstrap and centers the pistol in front of your dick. inside your shorts. I own a few of them and they work well.
waterfowlman

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:59 am

I looked at that myself however it was a little more spendy than i was hoping. TCP was only $200. Nice gun though!
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby waterfowlman » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:09 am

The beauty of a hammerless DA revolver is....when a 300 pound gorilla is on top of you beating your face in, there is no slide to rack, no safeties to fuck with, nothing on the pistol to hang up on in your pocket. The only safety on the DA hammerless revolver is "don't pull the trigger"....simple.
waterfowlman

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:14 am

waterfowlman wrote:The beauty of a hammerless DA revolver is....when a 300 pound gorilla is on top of you beating your face in, there is no slide to rack, no safeties to fuck with, nothing on the pistol to hang up on in your pocket. The only safety on the DA hammerless revolver is "don't pull the trigger"....simple.

Same as the TCP. Just pull the trigger. I was unsure about the no safety on it, but i love it now. Hopefully i never meet that 300lb gorilla :lol::lol:
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:16 am

waterfowlman wrote:S&W hammerless model 642 in .38+P. Don't buy anything until you have at least looked at one.
I carry a matched set in my two front pockets and almost forget they are there most of the time.
Shorts and a T-shirt carry!! Here's what my four pants pockets almost always look like.
would really like to go this route but price may be a determining factor for now.

What's that in the bottom right?
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:18 am

waterfowlman wrote:Red
You can also look into "Thunderwear" to carry the S&W model 642 in. It's like a jockstrap and centers the pistol in front of your dick. inside your shorts. I own a few of them and they work well.
i already have thunder wear. Well that's what I call the chonies that hug my junk anyways
Redbeard

Postby waterfowlman » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:20 am

Redbeard wrote:
waterfowlman wrote:S&W hammerless model 642 in .38+P. Don't buy anything until you have at least looked at one.
would really like to go this route but price may be a determining factor for now.

Hi Standard double action, two shot .22 mag derringer in a wallet holster. Some prick gets the jump on me and wants my wallet, he's getting two powder burns on his chest instead. Strictly a belly gun.
waterfowlman

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:23 am

waterfowlman wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

Hi Standard double action, two shot .22 mag derringer in a wallet holster. Some prick gets the jump on me and wants my wallet, he's getting two powder burns on his chest instead. Strictly a belly gun.

That's awesome!
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:25 am

I like my Ruger LCP but I would also checkout the XDS.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:31 am

Has anyone suggested not going to town in sweats?

What about that little S&W of mine that you were playing with at the WCH? I know, its only a .380, but along with Jim's theory - anybody that thinks its a pussy round is more than welcome to volunteer for a shot to the guts and get back to me. I carry it everyday and don't hardly know its there.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:42 am

I really like my cheap ass little IO Hellcat, although I couldn't with a clear conscience recommend such a cheap gun. All I'll say is that it works great for me. After about 100-150 rounds of "break in", I can empty mag after mag with no hang ups. I'm confident in it, but from everything I've read, it seems the quality is all over the map with these, from gun to gun, and I'd hate to see somebody get fucked up because a gun I recommended didn't work when you needed it too. That being said, mine works better than the neighbor's LCP (he gets some sort of malfunction about every third magazine or so, regardless of ammo), and I am perfectly confident with it. The $129 price tag was nice, too. I did break an ejector, and when I called, the rep said, basically, "yeah, we fucked up with some of the early runs, and had problems with the steel for the ejectors. Sorry about that, and we've fixed it, I'll get a replacement to you directly", and told me I could send the gun in if I wasn't comfortable doing it myself, and they'd have it back to me within 10 days (which is pretty damn good for warranty-type gun work). I received the ejector next day from North Carolina via FedEx, and replaced it in about 10 minutes (after I finally found a damn Torx bit that would fit). Seem to be good folks, and I'm pleased with the gun. It's also like the Taurus and LCP, no safety at all, other than a long trigger pull. One thing I do like about the TCP (I think it's the only one) is that the slide locks back on an empty chamber. Neither mine nor the LCP does that, and when you're used to shooting autos, it sort of screws you up for a minute when you click on an empty chamber.

Although I do still want a Glock 42.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:08 am

assateague wrote:I really like my cheap ass little IO Hellcat, although I couldn't with a clear conscience recommend such a cheap gun. All I'll say is that it works great for me. After about 100-150 rounds of "break in", I can empty mag after mag with no hang ups. I'm confident in it, but from everything I've read, it seems the quality is all over the map with these, from gun to gun, and I'd hate to see somebody get fucked up because a gun I recommended didn't work when you needed it too. That being said, mine works better than the neighbor's LCP (he gets some sort of malfunction about every third magazine or so, regardless of ammo), and I am perfectly confident with it. The $129 price tag was nice, too. I did break an ejector, and when I called, the rep said, basically, "yeah, we fucked up with some of the early runs, and had problems with the steel for the ejectors. Sorry about that, and we've fixed it, I'll get a replacement to you directly", and told me I could send the gun in if I wasn't comfortable doing it myself, and they'd have it back to me within 10 days (which is pretty damn good for warranty-type gun work). I received the ejector next day from North Carolina via FedEx, and replaced it in about 10 minutes (after I finally found a damn Torx bit that would fit). Seem to be good folks, and I'm pleased with the gun. It's also like the Taurus and LCP, no safety at all, other than a long trigger pull. One thing I do like about the TCP (I think it's the only one) is that the slide locks back on an empty chamber. Neither mine nor the LCP does that, and when you're used to shooting autos, it sort of screws you up for a minute when you click on an empty chamber.

Yup. My TCP locks back when its empty.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:19 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
waterfowlman wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

That's awesome!
so awesome
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:21 am

3legged_lab wrote:Has anyone suggested not going to town in sweats?

What about that little S&W of mine that you were playing with at the WCH? I know, its only a .380, but along with Jim's theory - anybody that thinks its a pussy round is more than welcome to volunteer for a shot to the guts and get back to me. I carry it everyday and don't hardly know its there.
its the only time I can go commando. Which I prefer. Can't go commando in wranglers. Scrot and ball fro get caught in the zipper
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:21 am

3legged_lab wrote:What about that little S&W of mine that you were playing with at the WCH? I know, its only a .380, but along with Jim's theory - anybody that thinks its a pussy round is more than welcome to volunteer for a shot to the guts and get back to me. I carry it everyday and don't hardly know its there.
price?
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:23 am

assateague wrote:I really like my cheap ass little IO Hellcat, although I couldn't with a clear conscience recommend such a cheap gun. All I'll say is that it works great for me. After about 100-150 rounds of "break in", I can empty mag after mag with no hang ups. I'm confident in it, but from everything I've read, it seems the quality is all over the map with these, from gun to gun, and I'd hate to see somebody get fucked up because a gun I recommended didn't work when you needed it too. That being said, mine works better than the neighbor's LCP (he gets some sort of malfunction about every third magazine or so, regardless of ammo), and I am perfectly confident with it. The $129 price tag was nice, too. I did break an ejector, and when I called, the rep said, basically, "yeah, we fucked up with some of the early runs, and had problems with the steel for the ejectors. Sorry about that, and we've fixed it, I'll get a replacement to you directly", and told me I could send the gun in if I wasn't comfortable doing it myself, and they'd have it back to me within 10 days (which is pretty damn good for warranty-type gun work). I received the ejector next day from North Carolina via FedEx, and replaced it in about 10 minutes (after I finally found a damn Torx bit that would fit). Seem to be good folks, and I'm pleased with the gun. It's also like the Taurus and LCP, no safety at all, other than a long trigger pull. One thing I do like about the TCP (I think it's the only one) is that the slide locks back on an empty chamber. Neither mine nor the LCP does that, and when you're used to shooting autos, it sort of screws you up for a minute when you click on an empty chamber.

two buddies at work just bought glock 42's for $340. So far I'm leaning that way. Always loved glocks
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:29 am

Redbeard wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:What about that little S&W of mine that you were playing with at the WCH? I know, its only a .380, but along with Jim's theory - anybody that thinks its a pussy round is more than welcome to volunteer for a shot to the guts and get back to me. I carry it everyday and don't hardly know its there.
price?

I bought it when it was first released and I think it was just under $400
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:30 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
price?

that was the bodyguard right? Just played with one and a LCP at a buddy's little gun shop. Apparently the glock 42's are smoking hot tickets right now and takes an act of God to get one in
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:04 pm

Redbeard wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
price?

that was the bodyguard right? Just played with one and a LCP at a buddy's little gun shop. Apparently the glock 42's are smoking hot tickets right now and takes an act of God to get one in

Si, Bodyguard. They also make one in a .38 revolver but its a little more money and not quite as slim.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:19 pm

Brother in law has a sig 938 that is pretty sweet but pretty pricey for what it is. I love my xds but probably too big to carry in just sweats. I would like a revolver like WFM's for a pocket gun...
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:23 pm

Goldfish wrote:You can get yourself a modern day derringer

My other, dumbass, brother in law bought one of those in .45acp. Do not buy that gun!
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Goldfish » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:54 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
Goldfish wrote:You can get yourself a modern day derringer

My other, dumbass, brother in law bought one of those in .45acp. Do not buy that gun!

Shhh

Red, buy that gun
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:58 pm

waterfowlman wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

That's what we love about you WFM, most people would feel carrying two guns would be overkill. Then you come along with a big middle finger to convention and drop another gun in your back pocket.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Handguns & Self Defense