Carry pistol

Re: Carry pistol

Postby Olly » Mon May 04, 2015 2:29 pm

Woody wrote:That looks like a great way to drop your pistol if you are ever in a physical altercation and end up on the ground.

That is a in the wasit band holster so I doubt that would happen. Still looks gimicky though.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon May 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Olly wrote:
Woody wrote:That looks like a great way to drop your pistol if you are ever in a physical altercation and end up on the ground.

That is a in the wasit band holster so I doubt that would happen. Still looks gimicky though.

I looked at them at academy last week while looking for a holster. Intentionally jamming something in the barrel just seems like a bad idea to me but YMMV.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Mon May 04, 2015 2:35 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Olly wrote:

I looked at them at academy last week while looking for a holster. Intentionally jamming something in the barrel just seems like a bad idea to me but YMMV.

Two things about it stick out to me. First is with there being a ridgid rod going the length of the barrel it seems that you would have to draw the pistol to far straight up before moving to a ready stance and second is the lack of a trigger guard.

So many companies are trying to re-invent the wheel when it comes to IWB. Comp-tac and Crossbreed STYLE holsters should be where the conversation begins and ends with IWB holsters.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon May 04, 2015 2:38 pm

Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Olly wrote:

Two things about it stick out to me. First is with there being a ridgid rod going the length of the barrel it seems that you would have to draw the pistol to far straight up before moving to a ready stance and second is the lack of a trigger guard.

So many companies are trying to re-invent the wheel when it comes to IWB. Comp-tac and Crossbreed STYLE holsters should be where the conversation begins and ends with IWB holsters.

The rod is only 1 1/2-2" long. Doesn't run the entire length of the barrel.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Carry pistol

Postby Tomkat » Mon May 04, 2015 3:24 pm

I like it. It works for me.

Maybe someone else who has owned one or used one can chime in here?
Tomkat

Carry pistol

Postby Tomkat » Mon May 04, 2015 3:27 pm

Tomkat

Postby Bad17 » Mon May 04, 2015 3:36 pm

I like how everyone argues as to which holster is the best. But I'd bet a years salary that everyone has several holsters in a box or a drawer that they didn't like before they found the one they liked. If it works it works. That holsters works for TK and you have people who have never even tried the holster shooting it down. Come on guys let's argue about something better.
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby Bad17 » Mon May 04, 2015 3:37 pm

And as for a trigger guard. Why do you need one? You should not be grabbing the trigger when you draw. In fact you should only touch the trigger when you know you are going to shoot. Me personally I prefer no trigger guard on a holster.
Bad17

Postby DixieDawg » Mon May 04, 2015 3:51 pm

Bad17 wrote:I like how everyone argues as to which holster is the best. But I'd bet a years salary that everyone has several holsters in a box or a drawer that they didn't like before they found the one they liked. If it works it works. That holsters works for TK and you have people who have never even tried the holster shooting it down. Come on guys let's argue about something better.

I can definitely agree with you there I've got a box full of holsters my carry options usually depends on the situation and wardrobe for the day I say if it works for somebody to each their own
-Dusty-
DixieDawg

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon May 04, 2015 3:59 pm

Bad17 wrote:And as for a trigger guard. Why do you need one? You should not be grabbing the trigger when you draw. In fact you should only touch the trigger when you know you are going to shoot. Me personally I prefer no trigger guard on a holster.

Shit can get hung up on the trigger. Ask that guy who stuffed a Glock in his sweatpants and shot himself in the testicles when the trigger hung the drawstrings.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Bad17 » Mon May 04, 2015 4:01 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Bad17 wrote:And as for a trigger guard. Why do you need one? You should not be grabbing the trigger when you draw. In fact you should only touch the trigger when you know you are going to shoot. Me personally I prefer no trigger guard on a holster.

Shit can get hung up on the trigger. Ask that guy who stuffed a Glock in his sweatpants and shot himself in the testicles when the trigger hung the drawstrings.

Once again he stuffed it where. Another dumbass move that I am grateful for because as long as we have stupid people I will have a job. Don't stuff a loaded pistol in your sweatpants. That's just dumb.
Bad17

Postby Bad17 » Mon May 04, 2015 4:02 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:

And 2 I bet his finger was on the trigger when he stuffed it and the string caught his finger.
Bad17

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon May 04, 2015 4:02 pm

Bad17 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

Once again he stuffed it where. Another dumbass move that I am grateful for because as long as we have stupid people I will have a job. Don't stuff a loaded pistol in your sweatpants. That's just dumb.

I don't disagree. And since I know you like 1911s a trigger guard isn't as necessary as with a Glock style gun IMO.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon May 04, 2015 4:03 pm

That is if you aren't stupid enough to carry in Condition 0.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Bad17 » Mon May 04, 2015 4:04 pm

And 2 don't glocks have a trigger safety on them.
Bad17

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon May 04, 2015 4:06 pm

I wouldn't call the trigger dick a safety.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Tomkat » Mon May 04, 2015 4:06 pm

The Versa carry works well for me with my Shield and the Lcp9.

A LEO is who turned me on to them.
Tomkat

Postby Bad17 » Mon May 04, 2015 4:08 pm

Well a safety is a mechanical device that may sometimes fail.
Bad17

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon May 04, 2015 4:17 pm

Bad17 wrote:Well a safety is a mechanical device that may sometimes fail.

Very true and a 1911 can go bang if dropped with all the safeties on. I am comfortable with a holster that covers the trigger, somebody else may be comfortable with a fully loaded Jennings in their pocket. It's your choice and carry what you want however you want.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Bad17 » Mon May 04, 2015 4:29 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:

Very true and a 1911 can go bang if dropped with all the safeties on. I am comfortable with a holster that covers the trigger, somebody else may be comfortable with a fully loaded Jennings in their pocket. It's your choice and carry what you want however you want.

Precisely.
Bad17

Postby flyn88 » Mon May 04, 2015 4:39 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:

Very true and a 1911 can go bang if dropped with all the safeties on.

Much less likely with the series 80 safety system.
flyn88

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon May 04, 2015 4:45 pm

flyn88 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

Very true and a 1911 can go bang if dropped with all the safeties on.

Much less likely with the series 80 safety system.

Series 80 is stupid and never should have been put on a 1911. A titanium firing pin and a strong firing pin spring is a better setup.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Mon May 04, 2015 5:17 pm

Bad17 wrote:I like how everyone argues as to which holster is the best. But I'd bet a years salary that everyone has several holsters in a box or a drawer that they didn't like before they found the one they liked. If it works it works. That holsters works for TK and you have people who have never even tried the holster shooting it down. Come on guys let's argue about something better.

You're right and that box of wasted money is what gives me the ability to comment on what works and what is a gimmick. The gun world if like the golf world, always some kind of new product that will do this amazing thing for you when it's really just sticking to a basic IWB that doesn't have some flashy gimmick that works best.

Just my opinion, just trying to steer the guy in the right direction so he doesn't have to waste money like I did.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bad17 » Mon May 04, 2015 5:25 pm

So who makes you the expert on what works for me or anyone else. For starters we don't carry the same guns or in the same place. I guarantee you I have carried a hell of a lot longer than you have and one thing I have learned is you can not win the holster argument. You can say what works best for you and that's all. You can make suggestions and that's all. Each person has their own likes and preferences and they will have to decide what works for them.
Bad17

Postby Olly » Mon May 04, 2015 5:32 pm

Bad17 wrote:So who makes you the expert on what works for me or anyone else. For starters we don't carry the same guns or in the same place. I guarantee you I have carried a hell of a lot longer than you have and one thing I have learned is you can not win the holster argument. You can say what works best for you and that's all. You can make suggestions and that's all. Each person has their own likes and preferences and they will have to decide what works for them.

Because it's not rocket science just cold hard common sense. You may be talking more about comfort but I'm not. I'm talking about a real system that will work when you need it to not some gimmick that promises comfort without usability.

I wouldn't dare assume that I've been concealing longer than you because I don't know you. So you can have that pissing match all to yourself. :beer:
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Tomkat » Mon May 04, 2015 5:47 pm

I had a hammerless snubbie I carried in a pocket holster for years. It was a good system.

Pistols are very personal things. Everyone has something different they like.

I never thought I would own a plastic gun and now I have two or three of them. None of them are named Glock. They just don't fit my hand very well.
Tomkat

Postby Tomkat » Mon May 04, 2015 5:53 pm

This is kinda cool
http://youtu.be/nbNM369lgow
Tomkat

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon May 04, 2015 6:56 pm

Can we agree that sweat shields are a plus?

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby DixieDawg » Mon May 04, 2015 7:58 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Can we agree that sweat shields are a plus?

I'll definitely agree on that
-Dusty-
DixieDawg

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon May 04, 2015 8:12 pm

Thank you

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

PreviousNext

Return to Handguns & Self Defense