Preseason...

Re: Preseason...

Postby Rick » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:39 am

All is now right with the world, or at least my small part of it. The hounds jumped five bluewings on their morning run in a spot that seldom sees any, even in prime time, so we took another look at the closest of the spots we'd checked yesterday and made our first pee-poor teal video of the new season:
Rick

Postby DComeaux » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:07 am

That made me smile..... I now have anxiety cause the blinds not ready.
DComeaux

Postby Rick » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:19 pm

Those weren't far off 717 on what White bought from Dixie. Crop dusting service was setting up on a farm strip nearby, so there's no telling where they'll be tomorrow. Maybe Dave or Marsh Bear's marsh. Maybe Belize...
Rick

Postby Darren » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:53 pm

Duck Engr wrote:Yes! I feel like it's officially here now that rick has posted a teal video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed! Great to see
Darren

Postby Rick » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:43 am

Who's tuning calls in Pine Island?
Rick

Postby Rick » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:12 am

Thought Wright was in Texas. Or does Texas have a Pine Island or three, too?
Rick

Postby Darren » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:35 pm

Keep an eye out for this remnant of tropical storm Harvey projected to go into Texas near Houston, looking like A LOT of rain for Louisiana, especially SW end late this week and into weekend
Darren

Postby Ericdc » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:56 pm

Ughhhh Image

Guess I'll bring my rain jacket to Gueydan Sunday.

Ericdc

Postby Ericdc » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:32 pm

This has been a horrible summer for the logging community. July through the fall is usually the best time of year for the guys to really get some production . I know some guys in SWLA are really struggling with it. Nothing we can do about it but it's affecting a lot of things negatively....

Ericdc

Postby DComeaux » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:18 am

Not yet.....I wish it would it would just disappear. My concern is the storm surge, and we're on the wrong side.
DComeaux

Postby Rick » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:45 am

I have coffee with our sheriff most mornings, and think he said the last official best guess was "could be as much as 14 or 15 inches of rain," to say nothing of storm surge. Know they've another readiness meeting today - but everyone's still just guessing.

Hopefully not a replay of last year's August disaster, which pretty much came out of no-where...
Rick

Postby aunt betty » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:24 pm

Rick wrote:I have coffee with our sheriff most mornings, and think he said the last official best guess was "could be as much as 14 or 15 inches of rain," to say nothing of storm surge. Know they've another readiness meeting today - but everyone's still just guessing.

Hopefully not a replay of last year's August disaster, which pretty much came out of no-where...

Have waited a long time to have this little back-n-forth so try and enjoy it. I will.

Have been asked this little question whenever I get where I'm whining about the Illinois political climate. Our weather sucks too. (why don't you just move?)

Climate is climate and it can refer to lots of things including weather.
So the weather in that area Texas/Louisiana is looking a bit gloomy for the future.
Why don't you just move?

I'm searching for a really good come-back answer for when I get asked the same damn question so do your best. :mrgreen:
One of my best replies so far is "because there ain't any openings where you live". <---translation: How would you like me living next door?
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:13 pm

aunt betty wrote:I'm searching for a really good come-back answer for when I get asked the same damn question so do your best.

The only answer I have is that is where my job is. If I could move I would move, so not the right person to help. The alternatives are simply worse right now. Trying to make that change as soon as possible.

Plus I think snow birding is the only way to go. Not sure if Illinois will remain my summer range or not once I can migrate seasonally.

aunt betty wrote:How would you like me living next door?

Although, if they know you that's probably a good answer :mrgreen:

Sorry. Couldn't resist. 8-)
SpinnerMan

Postby aunt betty » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:22 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
aunt betty wrote:I'm searching for a really good come-back answer for when I get asked the same damn question so do your best.

The only answer I have is that is where my job is. If I could move I would move, so not the right person to help. The alternatives are simply worse right now. Trying to make that change as soon as possible.

Plus I think snow birding is the only way to go. Not sure if Illinois will remain my summer range or not once I can migrate seasonally.

You ask a question to a guy in Louisiana about the weather and Joliet-Jake shows up.
aunt betty

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:26 pm

aunt betty wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

You ask a question to a guy in Louisiana about the weather and Joliet-Jake shows up.

I have a comment for everything. Seems to be an Illinois thing.
SpinnerMan

Postby Rick » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:30 pm

aunt betty wrote:So the weather in that area Texas/Louisiana is looking a bit gloomy for the future.
Why don't you just move?

Read my log.
Rick

Postby aunt betty » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Rick wrote:
aunt betty wrote:So the weather in that area Texas/Louisiana is looking a bit gloomy for the future.
Why don't you just move?

Read my log.

Was expecting that answer but was hoping for something with a whole lot more southern flavor and something to chew on.
Very disappointed. :evil:
aunt betty

Postby Ericdc » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:39 pm

aunt betty wrote:
Rick wrote:
Why don't you just move?

Read my log.

Was expecting that answer but was hoping for something with a whole lot more southern flavor and something to chew on.

Read my log cher

Ericdc

Postby Ericdc » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:12 pm

It looks like they are showing it further west now... we'll see

Ericdc

Postby Rick » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:12 am

Ericdc wrote:
aunt betty wrote:
Rick wrote:
Why don't you just move?

Read my log.

Read my log cher

Wish I'd thought of that.
Rick

PreviousNext

Return to Rick 2017-2018