Preseason

Re: Preseason

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:49 am

aunt betty wrote:If I don't get some rain soon I'll have to buy 1000 pounds of sugar and start feeding my bugs.
It's so dry my pumpkins and watermelons died.

Ouch. I've been noticing that the rivers have stayed dry down your way every time I look to see if ours are too high to go boating.

The wife finally decided she wants to learn how to operate the boat after spending the other day with our nephew running it all day except for on and off the trailer. So that's what I will be doing Friday. Always a bit tricky teaching the wife. Of course, I'm sure they'd say the same about teaching the husband. I think I'll save backing the trailer for another day. Don't want to start off with her frustrated.

Rivers are in good shape as long as we don't get too much in the wrong place from that system that is supposed to pass through tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully, it gets spread around a little more equitably than has been the case for most of this summer. They are forecasting a half inch or so. That would be perfect. Hope you get a good soaking from it.
SpinnerMan

Postby aunt betty » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:16 am

Rivers down my way? Wtf you talkin' about Willis?

The Sangamon is not navigable until you get way past Springfield and the Kaskaski is not navigable until you get south of Shelbyville. Access? Forget it.

Salt Fork of the Vermilion is canoes but no hunting.
There ain't no river duck hunting anywhere near me.

The Black River is only 350 miles. If I'm going to
hunt a river it's either the Black or White. <--- not racist at all.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:18 pm

aunt betty wrote:Rivers down my way? Wtf you talkin' about Willis?

The Sangamon is not navigable until you get way past Springfield and the Kaskaski is not navigable until you get south of Shelbyville. Access? Forget it.

They measure the streamflow of rivers and streams all across the country from small streams to large rivers, not just the navigable ones.

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/rt

This is what I am talking about. At a glance, you see the water levels relative to normal levels across the entire state.

If you want to see the entire country,

SpinnerMan

Postby aunt betty » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:01 pm

GREAT!
That's awesome information but is sort of irrelevant when you don't hunt rivers in Illinois due to the corrupt government breaking federal laws like the "if you can paddle a log" one.
aunt betty

Postby Rick » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Jarren wrote:Wow that's a good bit. How's the rice cropping going? Have most gotten it out or is the rain hindering that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most I know have their first crop out - with the exception of Burton, of course.
Rick

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:18 pm

aunt betty wrote:GREAT!
That's awesome information but is sort of irrelevant when you don't hunt rivers in Illinois due to the corrupt government breaking federal laws like the "if you can paddle a log" one.

But it is not irrelevant for my summer boating on the Illinois, Kankakee, and Desplaines Rivers plus it is just interesting to see where people have been getting excess rain or are bone dry. Like I said originally. While I was looking at lots of black and dark blue up here, I noticed down your way it seemed to be brown and yellow all the time.
SpinnerMan

Postby aunt betty » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:32 pm

The fresh peaches are in town so I'm busy making aunt betty's peach jam.
Goes good with aunt betty's honey and aunt betty's English muffins.
People are going to be sooo pissed when they figure out that aunt betty is not a white-haired old lady. (or not)
I can be whatever I want in todays LGTB world. All it takes is a pink bow.
aunt betty

Postby Ericdc » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:17 pm

Jarren wrote:I mainly want to go back to stuggart area so we can go back to this little place in DeWitt that has some killer pie lol.

Name of said pie place?

Ericdc

PreviousNext

Return to Jarren 2017-2018