Teal timing

Re: Teal timing

Postby Ericdc » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:40 pm

I believe the mature drakes come first then the hens and their clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ericdc

Postby DComeaux » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:43 pm

Ericdc wrote:I believe the mature drakes come first then the hens and their clutch.

This seems to be the consensus.
DComeaux

Postby Darren » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:32 am

DComeaux wrote:
Ericdc wrote:I believe the mature drakes come first then the hens and their clutch.

This seems to be the consensus.

Just hoping we don't somehow "miss" again next month; seems the odds of a repeat surely have to be low.......surely.........right???
Darren

Postby Rick » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:10 am

Darren wrote:Just hoping we don't somehow "miss" again next month; seems the odds of a repeat surely have to be low.......surely.........right???

Sure seems they've run late a lot more often than early in recent seasons. Pretty sure you called for a report on the last Sunday afternoon of a season little was down for some years back, when a buddy and I had unexpectedly enjoyed a too brief hunt and swarms of new teal came and went while we were on the phone. Just never really know when what will happen until it does.
Rick

Postby Darren » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:13 am

Rick wrote:
Darren wrote:Just hoping we don't somehow "miss" again next month; seems the odds of a repeat surely have to be low.......surely.........right???

Sure seems they've run late a lot more often than early in recent seasons. Pretty sure you called for a report on the last Sunday afternoon of a season little was down for some years back, when a buddy and I had unexpectedly enjoyed a too brief hunt and swarms of new teal came and went while we were on the phone. Just never really know when what will happen until it does.

Yep I recall that one, Rick. Have to believe that if you're playing the odds for a three week span of activity, I'd lean toward last two weeks of Sept and first of October long before I'd consider last week of Aug and first two of Sept given the "usual". Given we hunt two weeks and the restrictions for October, have to believe latter half of Sept our best all around bet. Just wasn't the case last year; hell, I didn't have much to complain about myself last season, was well above par for my stompin grounds just was spooky slow for some more traditionally teal-strong areas not far away that was so puzzling.
Darren

Postby Rick » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:36 am

I'm thinking our dates a better bet than most. But the birds show me how little I know on a pretty regular basis.
Rick

Return to johnc 2017-2018