Bass got away with frog lure

Bass got away with frog lure

Postby gerardkoepp » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:14 pm

I was fishing my small storm water pond when a 4lb large mouth came up and destroyed my frog lure, got it to the bank and as i tried to get it out, the line snapped with the frog clearly hooked to its lip. I feel really bad about it and i’m wondering if it will survive or if i can even catch it again. Cheers!
gerardkoepp

Re: Bass got away with frog lure

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:28 pm

I am in a club that has regular bass fishing tournaments. Many of the guys use clips with a colored float so they can cull their catch once they go over a limit. There are different designs, but they look like something below. One guy took one of the bass out of his live well. It managed to flop and kick and back into the lake with the float still attached. Two years later one of his buddies caught the bass with the float still attached. He gave the guy his float back and turned the bass loose. The bass looked a little skinny, but otherwise no worse for wear.

The hook will probably rust out and he will be fine. Even if not, if the fish towing a colored float could survive two years, I think your bass will be OK.

SpinnerMan

Return to Fishing Forum