Fishing pics

Re: Fishing pics

Postby waterfowlman » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:19 pm

AKPirate wrote:Probably right Rick.

A few years ago I was in Singapore and watched those fuckers (Japanese boats) unloading tons and tons of salmon (frozen blocks) that sure weren't caught in Japan.
"Duty - Honor - Country".
waterfowlman

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:46 pm

waterfowlman wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:The tiles.[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1407161775149.jpg[/attachment]

Those tilefish are good eating!!

Sure are! If they weren't don't think a single person would fish for them :lol: What's your favorite way to cook them?
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby waterfowlman » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:50 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
waterfowlman wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:The tiles.[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1407161775149.jpg[/attachment]

Those tilefish are good eating!!

Sure are! If they weren't don't think a single person would fish for them :lol: What's your favorite way to cook them?

Same way you would cook any grouper. Baked and stuffed with crab meat. Filets cooked on the grill, fried bite size chunks, etc.
waterfowlman

Postby bill herian » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:54 am

Biggest coho I ever put the net on was 16. Adults will top out in the. 9-12 range.

You think the Japanese would go and rape Kamachatka before chugging all the way to California. Hell maybe they already have.
bill herian

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:30 am

Flightstopper wrote:Had nice seas and plenty on fish, only problem was a hard time getting on the fish we wanted. Had to pick through lots of blue runners, jack fish, bonita etc. Also had a sail blow up in the spread but couldn't get a hook in it as well as many good tuna hookups that put us in the rig. Fished hard noon Saturday through Sunday afternoon and made it home with one tuna and two tiles. All in all still a fun trip out.

Are bonita fish big?
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:33 am

Had another good trip walleye fishing tonight. Close to a limit and they were all over 20". This one went 26"
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:35 am

I guess I should have held it out like a true fisherman and called it a 30"
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:36 am

Eric Haynes wrote:Had another good trip walleye fishing tonight. Close to a limit and they were all over 20". This one went 26"

Woulda been a keeper next year.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:39 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:Had another good trip walleye fishing tonight. Close to a limit and they were all over 20". This one went 26"

Woulda been a keeper next year.

He's filleted up in a zip lock bag right now. Will be eaten tomorrow. I'll send his family a card.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:49 am

Eric you look scared of it. :lol:
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Flightstopper » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:04 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:Had nice seas and plenty on fish, only problem was a hard time getting on the fish we wanted. Had to pick through lots of blue runners, jack fish, bonita etc. Also had a sail blow up in the spread but couldn't get a hook in it as well as many good tuna hookups that put us in the rig. Fished hard noon Saturday through Sunday afternoon and made it home with one tuna and two tiles. All in all still a fun trip out.

Are bonita fish big?

Not really compared to others
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:07 am

Flightstopper wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Are bonita fish big?

Nevermind, it was a stepbrothers reference.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:22 am

they are whats called a trophy fish. :lol:
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:11 am

Flightstopper wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Are bonita fish big?

That one went right over
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Postby jehler » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:21 am

you have adapted to michigan attire very quickly, I'm impressed
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Duckdog » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:41 am

That's a damn nice walleye! Nice fish!...congrats.
I don't think there's a better eating fresh water fish...

I don't know jack about ocean fish or ocean fishing really, but I did get to go several times when I was a kid.
I distinctly remember catching a bunch of Bonita in the gulf but the captain/guide referred to them as trash fish.
But, I've also read of people eating them too..??
And, this may be way off target, but I've also heard people calling dolphin/Mahi Mahi, Bonita. And I KNOW it's damn good eating!
So,...what's the skinny?
Duckdog

Postby Woody » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:02 am

You look scared of it.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Woody » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:03 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:Eric you look scared of it. :lol:

Beat me to it.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Flightstopper » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:11 am

Duckdog wrote:That's a damn nice walleye! Nice fish!...congrats.

I don't know jack about ocean fish or ocean fishing really, but I did get to go several times when I was a kid.
I distinctly remember catching a bunch of Bonita in the gulf but the captain/guide referred to them as trash fish.
And, this may be way off target, but I've also heard people calling dolphin/Mahi Mahi, Bonita. And I KNOW it's damn good eating!
So,...what's the skinny?

Most would agree with you bonita=trash and I'm sure not eating one. As for the dolphin/Mahi mahi/Dorado are excellent eating and a absolute blast to catch.

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1407499888985.jpg[/attachment]
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Flightstopper » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:12 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Are bonita fish big?

That one went right over

Damnit, I even considered it but opted for the straight biologist Gaddy response.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:16 am

Flightstopper wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Are bonita fish big?

That one went right over

Damnit, I even considered it but opted for the straight biologist Gaddy response.

Don't ever consider that approach again! :lol:
Bootlipkiller

Postby Flightstopper » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:23 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:[quote="Flightstopper"]Had nice seas and plenty on fish, only problem was a hard time getting on the fish we wanted. Had to pick through lots of blue runners, jack fish, bonita etc. Also had a sail blow up in the spread but couldn't get a hook in it as well as many good tuna hookups that put us in the rig. Fished hard noon Saturday through Sunday afternoon and made it home with one tuna and two tiles. All in all still a fun trip out.

Are bonita fish big?

That one went right over

Don't ever consider that approach again! :lol:[/quote]

Ha! Yeah that was just plain dumb.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:35 am

jehler wrote:
you have adapted to michigan attire very quickly, I'm impressed

You mean my normal attire?
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:37 am

Woody wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:Eric you look scared of it. :lol:

Beat me to it.

More like scared of the camera. Hate having my picture taken but they insist on it every night.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:44 am

So,...what's the skinny?

At home it would have been thrown back because I only keep 18"-24". They keep up to 26" so it was a keeper. Fun night either way.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:02 pm

They hungry this morning.

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1407520933298.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1407520945824.jpg[/attachment]
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:09 pm

Flightstopper wrote:

So,...what's the skinny?

Most would agree with you bonita=trash and I'm sure not eating one. As for the dolphin/Mahi mahi/Dorado are excellent eating and a absolute blast to catch.

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1407499888985.jpg[/attachment]

That'll eat good.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby waterfowlman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:24 pm

Fresh groceries. Fished offshore with the guy who docks next to my houseboat and scored these yesterday.
waterfowlman

Postby Flightstopper » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:25 pm

waterfowlman wrote:Fresh groceries. Fished offshore with the guy who docks next to my houseboat and scored these yesterday.

Sweet! How far out you have to go for yellow fin? What did they hit?
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby waterfowlman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:27 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
waterfowlman wrote:Fresh groceries. Fished offshore with the guy who docks next to my houseboat and scored these yesterday.

Sweet! How far out you have to go for yellow fin? What did they hit?

We were chunking butterfish in the Norfolk canyon approx 60 miles offshore.
waterfowlman

PreviousNext

Return to Fishing Forum