Hooky Today

Hooky Today

Postby Deltaman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:52 am

Couldn't stand it any longer, and took a day off to throw some spinner baits over the grass for bass. Looks like weather will screw us up this weekend, so I figured I'd hedge my fish catching odds by fishing ahead of the front. Conditions are perfect, with a high tide just after lunch, and the strong SE winds helping flood the bays and cover the grass. Will follow up with a report tomorrow :) Also, the blue wing teal are coming back through right now, in full plumage, and buzzing around like bees. Pretty sight!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Re: Hooky Today

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:04 pm

On my way now!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby triplecurl » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:09 pm

Tomorrow's my day. Gonna slip out and hit the water!!
triplecurl

Postby capt1972 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:18 pm

Fuck you all! Still got 20inches of ice up here on the lakes. Some of the streams have broken up though.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:55 pm

Deltaman is what you call good people.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:27 pm

Good looking fish.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Look at all those poor bass....you guys are killing me piece by piece.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Deltaman » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:12 am

Olly, glad you were able to slip away a few hours yesterday afternoon. The first two short drifts we made with no bites had me a little concerned, but when you hammered 3 in a row on the next drift, that concern went out the window :) Enjoyed the trip, and hope that we can do some saltwater fishing in the next few months, when the flounder, trout and redfish start moving in. Here's a pic I took, almost identical to the one from your phone, but maybe a little sharper.

Also, after dropping you off and picking up Jad, we caught fish until dark, finishing out a limit and culling fish after that. Beautiful day to be on the water, and glad ma nature treated us so well!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Woody » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:15 am

Great stuff guys!
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:42 pm

Some nice bass!
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Mornin Beef » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:47 pm

deng nice run down
Carp
Mornin Beef

Return to Fishing Forum