Mute swans affect fish and water quality

Mute swans affect fish and water quality

Postby Dove Huntress » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:57 pm

SIGN the petition here:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/832/485/ ... a-08790-a/

To learn more about the issues with mute swans, visit NY Dove Hunting's website at:
http://nydovehunting.weebly.com/mute-swans.html
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Dove Huntress

Re: Mute swans affect fish and water quality

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:50 pm

Just wondering, figured you might know the answer. I have a few ponds that I fish here during the summer. The problem is they get choked out with different kinds of water grasses and it makes them unfishable. How many of these swans do you think I would need to get to keep a 2-3 acre pond more weed free? I don't want to try waterborne herbicides and I think these swans could solve my problems. Thanks in advance!
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Re: Mute swans affect fish and water quality

Postby Eric Haynes » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:56 am

Tiler_J wrote:Just wondering, figured you might know the answer. I have a few ponds that I fish here during the summer. The problem is they get choked out with different kinds of water grasses and it makes them unfishable. How many of these swans do you think I would need to get to keep a 2-3 acre pond more weed free? I don't want to try waterborne herbicides and I think these swans could solve my problems. Thanks in advance!

25 should do the trick I would think. If they start breeding then you can just release the older ones into the wild and keep a fresh stock.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Return to Fishing Forum