Snapper and Blackfish

Snapper and Blackfish

Postby Deltaman » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:02 pm

Had a great couple of days fishing. Got a mid-week invite to Snapper fish last week (during our 9-day season :(), and after a 20 mile run out into the gulf, we hammered a 6-man limit (12 fish), in 17 minutes :shock: yep, endangered they call them.......... Never fished more than 2 rods at a time, and even in 110' of water, only had to drop 10' to get bitten. All of the fish were between 10-15 lbs. Just before we started our trip back in, a good size Ling (55 lbs) swam right up to the boat. He sucked down a live pogie and the fight was on. Let him fight for 15 minutes before sticking him with a gaff, and sat on the ice box once we put him in it.
Also took off last Thursday and took my fiancé, Jenny, to try and catch a Blackfish. Was nice fishing during the week with no crowds, and the winds were light. Didn't catch any big ones, but did catch our 6-fish limit by lunchtime. Didn't see but two other boats all morning, unlike weekend fishing around here, where boats are constantly jumping ahead of you when fishing for them. Jenny thought I was bullshitting her about catching them until I hooked the first one, and then it was on!!!!!

Lot's of good eating going on this week :o
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Re: Snapper and Blackfish

Postby Capttrae » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:49 pm

Nice triple tails!!!! Throw them Scaleys seats and eat the triple tails
Capttrae

Re: Snapper and Blackfish

Postby Darren » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:00 am

nice work on the tripletail. That's one I've yet to target but we do have them in Lake Borgne area near our camp. Just gotta ride around and scout them under the crab trap floats
Darren

Return to Fishing Forum