Midweek Bass Trip

Midweek Bass Trip

Postby Deltaman » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:24 am

Took the afternoon off last Thursday after lunch, and slipped over to the causeway (Mobile River Delta) around 2:00 p.m. with my stepson, Dustin. Beautiful day to be on the water, sunny, a strong SE wind, and with storms predicted Friday, was a good move. Threw Zoom speedworms (Junebug Red color has been hot the last couple of years), and Hilderbrandt sallies (Professor was the hot color today) and had a ball!!!!! No giants in the mix, typical for the area, but the thick footballs we call green trout were busting our lures like they hadn't eaten in a week! We were culling by 5:00 p.m. and fished until sunset. Nothing quite like that bite, when they hammer it multiple times before you can even react .........very addictive, and damn fine eating. We will chase the green fish until the end of this month, and hopefully, sprinkle in a bream trip or two, between now and the moon in May, when the grass has grown too high to fish, then flip to saltwater. Coastal living...........born, bred, and one day dead, I'm not leaving this paradise!

Moneyshot
Image[/URL]
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Re: Midweek Bass Trip

Postby Rick » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:50 pm

That's a mess.
Rick

Re: Midweek Bass Trip

Postby DComeaux » Wed May 03, 2017 7:16 am

Awesome stringer!
I had a few real good trips on those out this way in the last few weeks as well, and hope to make a few more as they transition to their summer pattern. I just don't get out as often as I'd like to anymore....... Always something tugging at me.
DComeaux

Return to Fishing Forum