2018-2019 Preseason

Re: 2018-2019 Preseason

Postby Duck Engr » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:26 am

I’ve been looking forward to this day since May 1st, but we FINALLY got a nice cold front. I just sat on my back patio this morning and soaked it all in. The most wonderful time of the year has begun. Now all we need is for Rick to declare “specklebelly day in Klondike” and it’ll all be downhill from there. Looked at my calendar a few minutes ago and realized we are 5 weeks from opener-eve at my lease. I still have a ton of work to do between now and then.

I had planned to get a good jump on duck prep this weekend but am headed down to southwest Georgia to help my friend and fellow leaseholder patch holes in his roof and remove trees from his house and yard. Michael was still a cat 3 when it hit them.

On that note, be sure to say an extra prayer for the folks affected by this storm. It’s the third strongest storm in recorded history to strike the US, and I don’t think it has received near the media attention other recent storms have. The media cried wolf enough times on previous storms that it doesn’t seem many people are paying as much attention now that a true monster storm has hit. I hope everyone considers donating what you can, whether it be your time or money, to the folks affected by this thing.
Duck Engr

Re: 2018-2019 Preseason

Postby Rick » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:38 am

Always a dose of survivor's guilt tempering the relieve of dodging a storm.
Rick

Previous

Return to Duck Engr 2018-2019