SpinnerMan 2018-2019 Season Summary

SpinnerMan 2018-2019 Season Summary

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:38 am

Overall the season was a very good one for me, but it was feast and famine. It started off way above average for Canadas. By the end of October I was 2 Canada shy of tying my best year total. I ended the season 1 shy :o :o :o

Species -- Myself -- group total
Canada Goose -- 13 (4 local bands) -- 16 (5 local bands)

Black Duck -- 1 -- 1
Bufflehead -- 2 -- 3 -- First hen and drake ever
Canvasback -- 0 -- 1
Goldeneye -- 4 -- 9
Bluebills -- 2 -- 10
Mallard -- 3 -- 7
Wood duck -- 1 -- 1

Total ducks -- 13 -- 32 -- Above average for the season, but it comes with a big asterisk.

Additionally took 2 mourning doves with the .410 and a mature doe with a bow.

Duck numbers were so poor, I only hunted ducks at my duck club 12 days. Nine of those days were in the first two weeks :o The big asterisk is that 27 of the 32 ducks were taking on 4 days of hunting somewhere besides my duck club.

Other note for the season was that I missed a nice buck with my bow. I apparently had knocked my sites off at some point and missed what should have been an easy shot. After resighting the bow, I got a nice mature doe.

We have plans for a snow goose trip to Iowa in March. Hopefully that works out and there is an interesting addendum to add.
SpinnerMan

Re: SpinnerMan 2018-2019 Season Summary

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:12 am

Addendum - Arkansas Snow goose trip

Species -- Myself -- group total
Snow/Blue Goose -- 2* -- 4
Ross Goose -- 3* -- 22

*Far more geese than that fell that I shot at, but no real easy way to put these into my spreadsheet, so I just pick a number that reflects how I feel I was shooting. Good, a little more than average and poorly a little less. I think I shot well, but we had a lot of guns for not many geese.
SpinnerMan

Return to SpinnerMan 2018-2019