THE OFF SEASON

Re: THE OFF SEASON

Postby MARSH BEAR » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:29 am

Today is August 14 - 1 month away from teal season :beer:

We are not going back to the camp until Sept 7, so won't know first hand if the teal have arrived until then.
MARSH BEAR

Postby Rick » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:53 am

Got a foot caught in the grass hopping back in a moving airboat a few weeks ago and had been nursing a gimpy knee until a couple few days ago when something in it snapped, popped or rolled (while under no pressure) and, though it sure didn't seem so the first couple days, appears to have corrected the problem. Getting better daily, KNOCK WOOD, but it still seems a very good thing that we're still a month out.
Rick

Postby MARSH BEAR » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:20 pm

I got a report this morning from a club member, who got his info from a guy, who got his info from another guy, who talked with someone else (get the picture) which said they are seeing a few small flocks of bluewing teal in our marsh.
I will see for myself on Sept 7 workday.
MARSH BEAR

Postby Darren » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:04 am

MARSH BEAR wrote:I got a report this morning from a club member, who got his info from a guy, who got his info from another guy, who talked with someone else (get the picture) which said they are seeing a few small flocks of bluewing teal in our marsh.
I will see for myself on Sept 7 workday.

That's as legit a report as they come! Planning to poke around in some marsh this weekend if we can keep Dorian to the east.
Darren

Postby MARSH BEAR » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:21 pm

Going to the camp this afternoon - working Friday and Saturday in the marsh.
Hopefully I can report on Monday that we have Bluewing teal in the marsh.
The last 5 or 6 years have not been good for the early teal season - but I am going anyway.
MARSH BEAR

Postby MARSH BEAR » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:48 am

We worked in the marsh on Friday - IT WAS HOT!!!
We finished what we went to do - pump out blinds, fix 2 walkways and 2 brush boards, also cut some grass around the blinds so we can see birds if we have any.
Moving around in the marsh we saw 3 flocks of about 50 bluewing teal - it is possible one of those flocks we saw 2 different times, also saw some 4, 5, and 6s.
Our marsh is in the best shape it has been in a long time - grass around the blinds are good, plenty of wigeon grass around.
Last year our marsh looked terrible, but we had ducks, this year the marsh looks great and we will not have a duck.
MARSH BEAR

Postby Darren » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:56 am

MARSH BEAR wrote: Moving around in the marsh we saw 3 flocks of about 50 bluewing teal - it is possible one of those flocks we saw 2 different times,

Nonsense! Same way I dont think the few I saw previous weekend were seen twice on same trip :lol:

Heard of some birds on one of my public areas that I plan to try after opener weekend so that's good news. Glad it was a productive weekend, i'm sure yall will get your share on Saturday
Darren

Previous

Return to Marsh Bear 2018-2019