Looking ahead...

Re: Looking ahead...

Postby Rick » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:25 pm

When push comes to shove, we've been going to Black's Marine in Lafayette for Go Devil stuff.
Rick

Postby BGkirk » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:35 pm

MARSH BEAR wrote:I would love to see teal like that during our teal season. We have not had very good luck the past few years during the teal season.
If anyone in the southwest Louisiana area needs work on a surface drive or long tail there is a guy in Carlyss, LA (just below Sulfur) that works on them - his company name is Muddy Waters, LLC and the guys name is Joey - 225-718-2112.
He help me get my motor running right after I attempted to dissemble and assemble with some “more better” parts.
Which I did get it back together but tuning the carb was over my head.
Nice guy, and I had to make several trips after normal hours and he was good with that. I’d say that kind of work is in high demand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BGkirk

Postby Rick » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:58 am

Was bummed to find my farmer friend pulling the boards to drain what have been the bug's exercise and training crawfish ponds this morning, but did run into these guys taking a break on what was left of the shallowest:

Continued on south without a hint of circling what must have been a rest-only stop.
Rick

Postby Darren » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:17 pm

Very nice! Saw a few on my end Saturday as well in the usual areas. Also saw vid on FB today of local outfitter with some pretty decent early numbers in rice, and Paul L. is reporting BWT showing in his wood duck banding nets. :thumbsup:

Full moon on Aug. 31/Sept. 1 should put the masses in motion, I'd hope, for those of us who believe there are still ducks to kill in La. So far looking good
Darren

Postby BGkirk » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:36 pm

Darren wrote:Very nice! Saw a few on my end Saturday as well in the usual areas. Also saw vid on FB today of local outfitter with some pretty decent early numbers in rice, and Paul L. is reporting BWT showing in his wood duck banding nets. :thumbsup:

Full moon on Aug. 31/Sept. 1 should put the masses in motion, I'd hope, for those of us who believe there are still ducks to kill in La. So far looking good
Grosse savanne just put a video on IG of their first arrivals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BGkirk

Previous

Return to Rick 2019-2020