Best dog vest for waterfowl?

Duck hunting gear reviews and questions.

Best dog vest for waterfowl?

Postby patroundstone » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:34 am

What are your guy's thoughts on which dog vest is best? Personally, I like MOmarsh the best - what do you guys think?

https://hunterswholesale.net/blogs/news/best-dog-vest-for-waterfowl-hunting
patroundstone

Re: Best dog vest for waterfowl?

Postby jackplans » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:47 am

From this list Browning 5mm Neoprene Dog Vest is best.
jackplans

Postby aunt betty » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:03 pm

I got the Avery sport dog boaters one.
Zipper and velcro both good.

Handle is handy as heck to get a big lab into a boat that is floating in deep water.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Rick » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:05 pm

aunt betty wrote:Handle is handy as heck to get a big lab into a boat that is floating in deep water.

If Pup has much size at all, I've found it much easier on man and beast to pull him up by the scruff of his neck until his front feet are over the rail, then let him lever himself on in against the brace of that hand against the back of his neck and head.

If Pup's Boykin size or you're in the water with him and wanting to help him up onto a tree dog stand, a handle might offer some advantage to counter its disadvantages of being one more thing to snag on a staub or two more holes defeating the vest's purpose of retarding heat exchange.
Rick

Postby aunt betty » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:27 pm

Rick wrote:
aunt betty wrote:Handle is handy as heck to get a big lab into a boat that is floating in deep water.

If Pup has much size at all, I've found it much easier on man and beast to pull him up by the scruff of his neck until his front feet are over the rail, then let him lever himself on in against the brace of that hand against the back of his neck and head.

If Pup's Boykin size or you're in the water with him and wanting to help him up onto a tree dog stand, a handle might offer some advantage to counter its disadvantages of being one more thing to snag on a staub or two more holes defeating the vest's purpose of retarding heat exchange.
heated blind. No more vest he hates it.
I do what you said and he's learned to like it.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Return to Duck Hunting Gear Forum