Decoys spread

Duck hunting gear reviews and questions.

Decoys spread

Postby Lamboicon » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:25 pm

I'm sure this has been asked before but I have a mixed spread of green heads teal and wood duck. So when you put them out do you just make a big group and leave an x were you want the birds or do you put them in groups by type of bird. Any tips would help a lot.

C.lambo
Lamboicon

Re: Decoys spread

Postby Gr8white » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:57 pm

I alway tend to put the wood ducks close to the banks of the river/stream/pond where I hunt. Mallards and teal out farther. Sometimes I'll put the mallards hugging the banks...just depends how I'm seeing them in whatever area I'm hunting.
Gr8white

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:17 pm

Most welfare recipiants have better quality puddler spreads than me. Thanks Obama.

I always just toss mine out of the bag into two small groups. 95% of the time they want to land right in between the two groups. Ringnecks just seem to want to be ANYWHERE there is a decoy.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:58 am

Same with buffies. If I ever forget my decoys (hasn't happened yet, although I have forgot the gun a time or two), I'm just going to throw out hunks of driftwood. Should work fine for buffies.
assateague

Postby obxbufflehead » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:01 am

assateague wrote:Same with buffies. If I ever forget my decoys (hasn't happened yet, although I have forgot the gun a time or two and gas), I'm just going to throw out hunks of driftwood. Should work fine for buffies.

FIFY :mrgreen:
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby assateague » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:15 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
assateague

Return to Duck Hunting Gear Forum