Gloves?

Duck hunting gear reviews and questions.

Re: Gloves?

Postby NuffDaddy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:37 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Image
:lol::lol::lol:

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:38 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
assateague wrote:[quote="DeadEye_Dan"]I invite all you tough manly men to come and duck hunt without your gloves.

I'm gonna make a fortune selling you $15 gloves for $200 or have a riot watching your blue fingers dropping off..

When I was a framer in MN, I'd work outside for 9 hours wearing jersey gloves. They do a very good job, but are underrated. As far as getting them wet, I've never understood why this is even an issue. Seriously- take them of for the 10 minutes it takes to do something wet. Are you all that fragile?

If I'm by myself hunting it can take 30 min or more to pack everything up. And by the end my hands don't work which makes everything take even longer.

Ever thought about getting hand warmers for your pockets? Not the disposable ones but the reusable zippo ones.

No, but that's a good idea. Still wouldn't help with picking up decoys though. Planning on Texas rigging all my shallow water deeks for next season so that should help with pickup time.

Then take a damn brake halfway through and warm your hands back up.[/quote]
I don't take breaks

NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Westie25 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:39 pm

assateague wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:
assateague wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:I invite all you tough manly men to come and duck hunt without your gloves.

I'm gonna make a fortune selling you $15 gloves for $200 or have a riot watching your blue fingers dropping off..

When I was a framer in MN, I'd work outside for 9 hours wearing jersey gloves. They do a very good job, but are underrated. As far as getting them wet, I've never understood why this is even an issue. Seriously- take them of for the 10 minutes it takes to do something wet. Are you all that fragile?

You've never layout hunted have you?

You've got a 50-50 shot at being wet before you ever even get to where you're going to hunt.

If you can handle a 10-15 mile boat ride in 30-35 degree temps in 2-3' waves without gloves, hunt for 2-4 hours without gloves, and make the ride back, without gloves - than you're tougher than me.

I thought you were talking about some fancy-pants neoprene gloves. I will accept your challenge with only my jersey gloves. What kind of shotgun do I get? (mind you, there's no wrong answer to that, as far as I"m concerned- a free shotgun is the best kind)

Get off my kool aid!!!
Westie25

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:40 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:[quote="assateague"[quote="DeadEye_Dan"I invite all you tough manly men to come and duck hunt without your gloves.

If I'm by myself hunting it can take 30 min or more to pack everything up. And by the end my hands don't work which makes everything take even longer.

Ever thought about getting hand warmers for your pockets? Not the disposable ones but the reusable zippo ones.

No, but that's a good idea. Still wouldn't help with picking up decoys though. Planning on Texas rigging all my shallow water deeks for next season so that should help with pickup time.

Then take a damn brake halfway through and warm your hands back up.[/quote]
I don't take breaks

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app[/quote]
If you didn't take breaks you wouldn't be cold in the first place. ;)
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Westie25 wrote:
assateague wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:
assateague wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:I invite all you tough manly men to come and duck hunt without your gloves.

You've got a 50-50 shot at being wet before you ever even get to where you're going to hunt.

If you can handle a 10-15 mile boat ride in 30-35 degree temps in 2-3' waves without gloves, hunt for 2-4 hours without gloves, and make the ride back, without gloves - than you're tougher than me.

I thought you were talking about some fancy-pants neoprene gloves. I will accept your challenge with only my jersey gloves. What kind of shotgun do I get? (mind you, there's no wrong answer to that, as far as I"m concerned- a free shotgun is the best kind)

Get off my kool aid!!!

This is going to be good. I will see both of you in 2017.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:41 pm

I think it's funny that everyone against gloves in this thread has never hunted anywhere even remotely cold.

Nothing ruins my hunt faster then cold wet hands.

Sent from my phone.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby assateague » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:43 pm

In 2017 I'll be dead or damn near in the AARP. Now or never, pikey.
assateague

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:43 pm

Olly wrote:I think it's funny that everyone against gloves in this thread has never hunted anywhere even remotely cold.

Sent from my phone.

Ever had cold toes? Far worse than cold hands.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:44 pm

assateague wrote:In 2017 I'll be dead or damn near in the AARP. Now or never, pikey.

Date has been set. Unless you can get Westie to reschedule you will have to bring your walker.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby assateague » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:44 pm

I'll use it like a folding chair in the WWF.
assateague

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:45 pm

assateague wrote:I'll use it like a folding chair in the WWF.

Deal

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Westie25 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:47 pm

Westie25 wrote:February 30th, 2017.

That's gonna be a tough day to make...
Westie25

Postby assateague » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:47 pm

assateague

Postby Olly » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:49 pm

assateague wrote:

What a little bitch, who calls the police after being hit one time like that?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Westie25 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:50 pm

Don't you dare!
Westie25

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:59 pm

Westie25 wrote:Don't you dare!

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby NuffDaddy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:08 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Westie25 wrote:Don't you dare!

These are killing me. :lol:

NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:15 pm

assateague

Postby banknote » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:19 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:I have a pair of these for when it is really cold. Got mine on clearance at Academy for $20.

I have a pair of these I got on clearance for $15, I think. If your hands are already even just a little bit wet, they are useless. The lining sticks and you cannot get your fingers all the way in. The cover material is also prone to tearing.

I don't need to wear gloves for warmth, much, when I'm hunting, but I like to cover my hands with something dark, so I wear fingerless gloves. Either a black pair of wool ones I get from army surplus for $6 (so you can own and carry a few pairs and when on gets soaked you can change it out, if you want,) or an old pair of olive drab windstopper fleece ones I got from Simms years ago. If I'm working a call, I leave my call/trigger hand bare, but I'd like to try a pair of palmless, fingerless gloves and see if I can call with those on.
banknote

Postby jehler » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:32 pm

Olly wrote:I think it's funny that everyone against gloves in this thread has never hunted anywhere even remotely cold.

Sent from my phone.
huh?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby jehler » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:47 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
assateague wrote:

i don't think it's about being tough, more about being acclimated. I work outside all winter, holding on to a metal nail gun or some other frozen shit, I don't wear gloves at work for anything other than demo. When it's so cold I have to wear gloves it's to cold to work is my Jobsite rule, we'll work down to single digits
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:55 pm

jehler wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:
assateague wrote:

i don't think it's about being tough, more about being acclimated. I work outside all winter, holding on to a metal nail gun or some other frozen shit, I don't wear gloves at work for anything other than demo. When it's so cold I have to wear gloves it's to cold to work is my Jobsite rule, we'll work down to single digits

This. Business man hands never last ong on the hunt either :lol:

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:08 pm

jehler wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:
assateague wrote:

I suppose if I had a a boat blind with a heater and a skillet full of eggs and sausage, my hands would stay warm without gloves.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:11 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
jehler wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:
assateague wrote:

I suppose if I had a a boat blind with a heater and a skillet full of eggs and sausage, my hands would stay warm without gloves.

Fact: Ive never ate hot food on a hunt.
Fact: You hunt some crazy waters and I cant compare me not using gloves, to you needing them.

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Westie25 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Fact: those boots are mine.
Westie25

Postby jehler » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:31 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
jehler wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:
assateague wrote:

mmmm you know ive actually grown to like a few hemlock needles in breakfast
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby jehler » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:32 pm

Westie25 wrote:Fact: those boots are mine.
no idea what boots your talking about?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Westie25 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:34 pm

jehler wrote:
Westie25 wrote:Fact: those boots are mine.
no idea what boots your talking about?

Dan has some white boots be posted a picture of many moons ago. They're sweet.
Westie25

Postby jehler » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:36 pm

Like disco go-go girl boots?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:37 pm

I think you're thinking of Jr.s coonass creepers.

I have a badass skull face mask, but no white boots.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Duck Hunting Gear Forum