Neo tube

Duck hunting gear reviews and questions.

Neo tube

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Anyone have any experience with one? I would like to try one in the flooded rice.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Re: Neo tube

Postby assateague » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Is that like those latex things the S&M crowd get in and then breathe through a straw?
assateague

Postby flight control » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:45 pm

Just wear your waders in your layout.
Tell your mom I said hi.
flight control

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:00 pm

assateague wrote:Is that like those latex things the S&M crowd get in and then breathe through a straw?

Yes.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:20 pm

flight control wrote:Just wear your waders in your layout.

Waters to deep
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Get a marsh rat
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:52 pm

I use a sled, throw some burlap over me and use the sled to transport decoys, gun and bullets.
Spoken to MuddyWaterWarlock
aunt betty wrote:This is personal. You are a douchebag.
Hey douche, when a seeds sprouts roots...what is it called?

Spoken to 3Leg
aunt betty wrote:You are one of them dipshits who wants to tell me how to build a clock cuz I asked for the correct time.
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:

Waters to deep

How deep is the water? Some guys I know prop up the head end of their layouts and wear their waders. I think they use cinder blocks but I'm not sure.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:22 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

Waters to deep

How deep is the water? Some guys I know prop up the head end of their layouts and wear their waders. I think they use cinder blocks but I'm not sure.
8 to 12 inches, and I'm talking real 8 inches not the 8 inches you get when you measure your pecker :lol:
Bootlipkiller

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:29 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

Waters to deep

8 to 12 inches, and I'm talking real 8 inches not the 8 inches you get when you measure your pecker :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That reminds me of my sig on the other site. That sounds like what the guys I know hunt in. I have never tried it but I know they kill a lot more ducks than I do.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:34 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

Waters to deep

:lol: :lol: :lol: That reminds me of my sig on the other site. That sounds like what the guys I know hunt in. I have never tried it but I know they kill a lot more ducks than I do.

I'm considering trying to wrap my layout blind in a pond liner to see how that works. The birds in January avoid decoys and rice checks like the plague.
Bootlipkiller

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:37 pm

You could just get a camo wetsuit and jump in.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby rebelp74 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:41 pm

Immersion suits are legit, buy one and paint it.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:53 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:You could just get a camo wetsuit and jump in.

There was a time!
Bootlipkiller

Postby assateague » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:47 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:[quote="flight control"]Just wear your waders in your layout.

Waters to deep

I'm considering trying to wrap my layout blind in a pond liner to see how that works. The birds in January avoid decoys and rice checks like the plague.[/quote]

Oh my hell, this I gotta see.
assateague

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:51 pm

assateague wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:[quote="Bootlipkiller"][quote="flight control"]Just wear your waders in your layout.

Waters to deep

I'm considering trying to wrap my layout blind in a pond liner to see how that works. The birds in January avoid decoys and rice checks like the plague.[/quote]

Oh my hell, this I gotta see.[/quote]
The ideas got Assa written all over it. Yes I'm cheap to!
Bootlipkiller

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:14 am

Have you thought about laying in a sled and covering with burlap? That is what I would do. You can use the sled to haul your decoys and gear also :thumbsup:

Spoken to 3Leg
aunt betty wrote:You are one of them dipshits who wants to tell me how to build a clock cuz I asked for the correct time.
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:16 am

MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:Have you thought about laying in a sled and covering with burlap? That is what I would do. You can use the sled to haul your decoys and gear also :thumbsup:

I have two sleds and they are both to short, water would just come over the sides. I have a video of juice box sinking in one on my phone from last season.:lol:
Bootlipkiller

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:24 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
assateague wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:[quote="The Duck Hammer"][quote="Bootlipkiller"][quote="flight control"]Just wear your waders in your layout.

Waters to deep

Oh my hell, this I gotta see.[/quote]
The ideas got Assa written all over it. Yes I'm cheap to![/quote]
If that was the case it would have corn all over it.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:48 am

I do need to try the UniCorn blind again this year. Last year Resident Goose sort of sucked. I think that's my best bet.
assateague

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:58 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:Have you thought about laying in a sled and covering with burlap? That is what I would do. You can use the sled to haul your decoys and gear also :thumbsup:

I have two sleds and they are both to short, water would just come over the sides. I have a video of juice box sinking in one on my phone from last season.:lol:

You my friend need bigger sleds! Check out some of these bad boys. And you need to post that video.
http://www.shappell.com/sleds.html

Spoken to 3Leg
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby flight control » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:59 am

Get an inflatable boat, cover it with burlap, put your layout blind in the boat and brush it good. If you can, leave it there for the ducks to get used to. Don't worry, they'll stop laughing when you start shooting.
Tell your mom I said hi.
flight control

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:59 pm

assateague wrote:I do need to try the UniCorn blind again this year. Last year Resident Goose sort of sucked. I think that's my best bet.

What was the plan again? Set it out for a good month with plenty of real corn piled on top of it to eat, then take real corn away?
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:55 pm

Pretty much, yes.
assateague

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:57 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
assateague wrote:I do need to try the UniCorn blind again this year. Last year Resident Goose sort of sucked. I think that's my best bet.

What was the plan again? Set it out for a good month with plenty of real corn piled on top of it to eat, then take real corn away?

You never get rid of the real corn.

Wait, nevermind we're talking about Assa, he probably gets the bug to color some paper yellow, cuts it up and throws it out there after he gets em used to the corn. :)
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby assateague » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:00 pm

My UniCorn blind is a piece of fabric, about 3 feet by 10 feet which has shucked ears of corn photoprinted on it. Looks like a pile of corn. No need for yellow paper.
assateague

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:03 pm

No shit? Actually work?
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby assateague » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Do't know yet. Last year was the first year I "invented" it, and we had no geese whatsoever. I tried it in the marsh a couple times, but no takers on the ducks. Probably because they have no idea what a corn pile is. But the geese do, especially the residents, so that's what I'm going to try again this year.
assateague

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:37 pm

Interesting. Is that what you cover your layout blind in? :) You're hiding in a big pile of corn! Keep us posted on it, I'm curious to see how it does.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:38 pm

rebelp74 wrote:No shit? Actually work?

FNG
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Next

Return to Duck Hunting Gear Forum