Termacell

Duck hunting gear reviews and questions.

Re: Termacell

Postby Olly » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:31 pm

Academy sports. I needed to go there anyway for something else. They have them everywhere.

Sent from my phone.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:35 pm

I thought they were more expensive for some reason.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Olly » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:39 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:I thought they were more expensive for some reason.

You and me both. I never looked into them because I thought it was around $50 or higher. After using mine this afternoon for about an hour and while cooking on the grill I'd pay that price.

Sent from my phone.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Olly wrote:

You and me both. I never looked into them because I thought it was around $50 or higher. After using mine this afternoon for about an hour and while cooking on the grill I'd pay that price.

Sent from my phone.

I'm definitely buying one. During salmon season the Mosquitos here are indescribable and I hate using sprays when fishing. I thought they were closer to $100.00 but should have known better since Assa has one.:lol:
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:07 pm

My only issue is that 98.9% of the time I forget to shut the bastard off. Buying refills gets old after a few of those sessions.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Wonder how they'd work for for keeping bugs away from the lights on my boat at night??
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Flightstopper wrote:My only issue is that 98.9% of the time I forget to shut the bastard off. Buying refills gets old after a few of those sessions.

I always run out of the pads before I'm empty.

For the record, don't even bother trying to save that blue pad. Even if you only use it for an hour or so, I've never found a way to keep it usable for the next time. Just dries out.
assateague

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:05 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:Where did you guys get them? Need one for the boat.

Big R

I think I paid about 35 bucks for mine. Got the thermacell and the holster, I like the holster because it keeps the refills with it so I don't loose them.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:14 pm

The holster's a must, as far as I'm concerned. I use it to hang in trees, clip on the back of my pants, or hang on the hybrid cockpit. Love that bastard.
assateague

Postby Rick » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:23 am

Flightstopper wrote:My only issue is that 98.9% of the time I forget to shut the bastard off. Buying refills gets old after a few of those sessions.

Great marketing plan. Get 'em hooked on "cheap" mosquito protection and nick 'em bad on the refills. But you can find how to modify the butane containers to refill them yourself on youtube and save there. Unfortunately, they no longer put way too many chemical pads for the butane in the refill packs, but I think there are some good home brews for that, too. Not sure, though, because I squirreled away a good stash of pads before they cut back.
Rick

Postby rozzo842 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:54 am

Amazon, they have package deals. That's what I did.
rozzo842

Postby assateague » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:57 am

Rick wrote:

Great marketing plan. Get 'em hooked on "cheap" mosquito protection and nick 'em bad on the refills. But you can find how to modify the butane containers to refill them yourself on youtube and save there. Unfortunately, they no longer put way too many chemical pads for the butane in the refill packs, but I think there are some good home brews for that, too. Not sure, though, because I squirreled away a good stash of pads before they cut back.

I think the pads are just impregnated with permethrin. But like you, I probably have about a two years supply of the pads left, from buying the refills over the past years. If I remember right, I used to get 10 pads with every refill kit, and usually only used about 4 before the butane was gone.
assateague

Postby Flightstopper » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:13 am

assateague wrote:
Rick wrote:

I think the pads are just impregnated with permethrin. But like you, I probably have about a two years supply of the pads left, from buying the refills over the past years. If I remember right, I used to get 10 pads with every refill kit, and usually only used about 4 before the butane was gone.

Burning up google now. Heck of a tip Rick although I would almost expect no less from the guy in the Louisiana marsh. :lol:
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:24 pm

assateague wrote:

I always run out of the pads before I'm empty.

For the record, don't even bother trying to save that blue pad. Even if you only use it for an hour or so, I've never found a way to keep it usable for the next time. Just dries out.

This has me wondering. After it cooled off tonight I came outside to shoot my bow, the skeeters were getting me good so I grabbed my thermacell. I only used it for about an hour in Canada back in september and the pad still looks plenty blue, but its not totally fending off the bugs. Pad must be dried out?
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby hudson » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:06 pm

ya they work unless u got any kind of wind
hudson

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:56 am

I've used it dove and deer hunting a few times. Dave got me one a couple of seasons ago. I think he picked it up from Kittles.
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Previous

Return to Duck Hunting Gear Forum