Traditional gear

Duck hunting gear reviews and questions.

Re: Traditional gear

Postby BrewGUN » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:48 am

Better be careful Red, you might end up looking like this...
BrewGUN

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:57 am

BrewGUN wrote:Better be careful Red, you might end up looking like this...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Rick » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:28 am

jehler wrote:
Redbeard wrote:Wore a Filson jacket the last two years and love it. Really gettin broke in. Although my wife says it looks and smells like a haz mat spill. Have a pair of chaps I wear when I train the mutts in wet grass and mud. Anyhow, think of gettin a hat now and maybe some overalls for goose season. Any traditionalist out there? Or just the usual Drake, Banded Gear, Avery junkies?
hipster^

Orvis man.

Call it "tin," oil or wax cloth, it's all too sweaty and stiff to do the work of waterfowling in. But it makes the sports look right natty standing around.
Rick

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:02 am

Rick wrote:Orvis man.

Call it "tin," oil or wax cloth, it's all too sweaty and stiff to do the work of waterfowling in. But it makes the sports look right natty standing around.

One of the best memories I have of hunting with my Grandad.

Opening day of pheasant season in Kansas in 1998. We had a big crew, with all his brothers and their sons and their kids...must have been close to 40 of us. Anyway, about half of us hunted regular and our gear and guns looked like it, but 8-10 of the guys looked like they just came from the Orvis store.
They were lolly-gagging around trying to find the right shade of tint for their shooting glasses and fiddling with choke tubes, and before long it's well after 10am, when Grandad hollers "Goldammit! Are we going pheasant hunting or posing for an LL Bean catalog?? Anybody not in a pick-up in 1 minute is getting left home"
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Tomkat » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:43 am

I dress like Chad Belding.
Tomkat

Postby jehler » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:49 am

damn that's a fine lookin fellow, very fashionable!
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby triplecurl » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:27 am

rebelp74 wrote:7 7/8 or 8

Guess I'm not the only one with a big head.
triplecurl

Postby BrewGUN » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:33 am

triplecurl wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:7 7/8 or 8

Guess I'm not the only one with a big head.

Welcome to the club!
BrewGUN

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:44 am

I'm a traditionalist, me and my lead shells.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:54 am

hahaha sweet pajama pants
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:03 am

Rick wrote:
jehler wrote:
Redbeard wrote:Wore a Filson jacket the last two years and love it. Really gettin broke in. Although my wife says it looks and smells like a haz mat spill. Have a pair of chaps I wear when I train the mutts in wet grass and mud. Anyhow, think of gettin a hat now and maybe some overalls for goose season. Any traditionalist out there? Or just the usual Drake, Banded Gear, Avery junkies?
hipster^

Orvis man.

my jacket works great here on the north coast. 40's, low humidity, heavy mist, strong wind...almost every morning. It gets it's use and looks like nothing from a catalog
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:16 am

Redbeard wrote:
Rick wrote:
jehler wrote:
hipster^

Orvis man.

my jacket works great here on the north coast. 40's, low humidity, heavy mist, strong wind...almost every morning. It gets it's use and looks like nothing from a catalog

Tell the truth, you're boyfriend likes the way it looks right??
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:34 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
Rick wrote:
jehler wrote:
hipster^

Orvis man.

Tell the truth, you're boyfriend likes the way it looks right??
he has the well worn chaps
Redbeard

Postby Tomkat » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:11 am

jehler wrote:
damn that's a fine lookin fellow, very fashionable!

THIS is how gay lumberjack jokes are born.
Tomkat

Postby Rick » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Redbeard wrote:my jacket works great here on the north coast. 40's, low humidity, heavy mist, strong wind...almost every morning. It gets it's use and looks like nothing from a catalog

Sounds like merry ol' England, where the gents stand around in such "traditional" coats (and peddle pushers with funny wool socks jelher would appreciate) waiting for the commoner beaters out front to push birds to their guns, which the only slightly less commoner picker's up will police up for them.

(Could well be that McAlister waterfowl coats are still de rigor among old hands in the Arkansas timber, too.)
Rick

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:55 pm

Rick wrote:
Redbeard wrote:my jacket works great here on the north coast. 40's, low humidity, heavy mist, strong wind...almost every morning. It gets it's use and looks like nothing from a catalog

Sounds like merry ol' England, where the gents stand around in such "traditional" coats (and peddle pushers with funny wool socks jelher would appreciate) waiting for the commoner beaters out front to push birds to their guns, which the only slightly less commoner picker's up will police up for them.

(Could well be that McAlister waterfowl coats are still de rigor among old hands in the Arkansas timber, too.)
well I do shoot with my pinkie up. And always take a 10 o'clock tea time so maybe the jackets fitting
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:37 pm

Redbeard wrote:well I do shoot with my pinkie up.

Doesn't everybody?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Rick » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:42 pm

3legged_lab wrote:

Doesn't everybody?

Hush, he'll think he's a trendsetter.
Rick

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Rick wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

Doesn't everybody?

Hush, he'll think he's a trendsetter.
too late. My wife read on Facebook that mustaches are the latest trend
Redbeard

Postby RonE » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:55 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:I don't even know what your talking about. Chaps???? Really don't we get called gay enough...:lol:

I wear chaps when I ride my Harley. Calling them gay could result in you explaining to your friends how and why some 69 year ole "gay" guy kicked your ass up between your shoulder blades.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby RonE » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:01 pm

Feelin' Fowl wrote:
MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:I wear wool

Too hot!

Far too hot on most days, especially early in the season.
Sunshineduckhunting.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:05 pm

RonE wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:I don't even know what your talking about. Chaps???? Really don't we get called gay enough...:lol:

I wear chaps when I ride my Harley. Calling them gay could result in you explaining to your friends how and why some 69 year ole "gay" guy kicked your ass up between your shoulder blades.

I've got to admit, I'm just impressed a guy your age can work a computer.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:05 pm

RonE wrote:

Your already gay according to these yahoos anyway. Your from California!

Sent from an undisclosed location on the river
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby AKPirate » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:08 pm

RonE wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:09 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
RonE wrote:

:lol:
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:46 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
RonE wrote:

Haha!
Redbeard

Previous

Return to Duck Hunting Gear Forum