Bootfoot breathables

Duck hunting gear reviews and questions.

Bootfoot breathables

Postby banknote » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:59 pm

I need to get a pair of bootfoot breathable waders. Of course I'd like to spend as little as possible, but I'd also like to keep my ass dry, so I guess I'm saying I'll pay for quality and durability. Any recommendations?

I was looking at these today. Lots of features and they seem pretty burly for walking through brush. Anyone tried them?
http://www.waterfowlwaders.com/products ... product=67
banknote

Re: Bootfoot breathables

Postby RonE » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:18 pm

Those look pretty good to me, are they spendy? I use stocking feet breathable waders than use the wading boots for fishing too. I don't use boot foot waders because mud tends to suck them off my feet and when that happens it is about 60% that I am going to get my ass wet. I can lace my wading boots up snug enough that they won't get sucked off in the mud.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:23 pm

RonE wrote:Those look pretty good to me, are they spendy? I use stocking feet breathable waders than use the wading boots for fishing too. I don't use boot foot waders because mud tends to suck them off my feet and when that happens it is about 50/50 that I am going to get my ass wet. I can lace my wading boots up snug enough that they won't get sucked off in the mud.

FIFY
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby banknote » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:24 pm

They're $250, so yeah kinda spendy but not as bad as what I wear fishing. If i can get more than a season out of them, they'd be worth it. I have breathable stockingfoots for fishing, but the boots I have are made for slimy rocks and are shitty in mud, plus I like the foot warmth of bootfoots, especially standing in water.
banknote

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:28 pm

What about that company that QH was talking about, think it was USiA, thought he said they started in the fishing industry. Custom made for 199, and he said they're local to the Portland area I believe. I would think they make boot foot.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby banknote » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:45 pm

3legged_lab wrote:What about that company that QH was talking about, think it was USiA, thought he said they started in the fishing industry. Custom made for 199, and he said they're local to the Portland area I believe. I would think they make boot foot.

Those are pretty tough looking, but not breathable and the boots don't appear to be insulated. I would like to check a pair out some time, though.
https://usia.com/shop/waders/
banknote

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:37 pm

Oh, that's right they're dry suit material not the breathable type.

Is it just me or does banknotes pic look strangely similar to sws's? :lol:
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby QH's Paw » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:44 pm

banknote wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:What about that company that QH was talking about, think it was USiA, thought he said they started in the fishing industry. Custom made for 199, and he said they're local to the Portland area I believe. I would think they make boot foot.

Those are pretty tough looking, but not breathable and the boots don't appear to be insulated. I would like to check a pair out some time, though.

You can have them made with whatever boots you want but, yes you are right they are not breathable. If you have a type of boot in mind you can take them out to Kim, the owner there, and he'll tell you if they are doable.They are basically a dry suit that is cut off at the chest level. When, or if, you spring a leak, he fixes them for you at the shop in St. Helens. They're tough as hell.
QH's Paw

Postby banknote » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:01 pm

QH's Paw wrote:
banknote wrote:

You can have them made with whatever boots you want but, yes you are right they are not breathable. If you have a type of boot in mind you can take them out to Kim, the owner there, and he'll tell you if they are doable.They are basically a dry suit that is cut off at the chest level. When, or if, you spring a leak, he fixes them for you at the shop in St. Helens. They're tough as hell.

have you used them? are they stiff?
banknote

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:18 am

Cabelas has their breathable waders on sale now. Ordered a pair of the convertible bootfoot waders yesterday, $135. Reg price was $250.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby banknote » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:44 pm

jarbo03 wrote:Cabelas has their breathable waders on sale now. Ordered a pair of the convertible bootfoot waders yesterday, $135. Reg price was $250.

Thanks for the tip!
banknote

Postby QH's Paw » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:16 pm

banknote wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:
banknote wrote:

I wouldn't call them stiff. They give me better range f motion than my neoprenes do. Look up Kapt Kujo over on Ifish and PM him. He is always happy to show people around his his fab area in St Helens(the city). If you're familiar with St. Helens he is near the Armstrong fab not far from the waste management site. His name is Kim, you can call too. He'll have some already made up in his shop you can see for yourself and on the outside chance you are a standard size and don't want specialty boots, he could actually have some in the shop for you.

Here is his name and number.
Kim Johns
503-369-1862
QH's Paw

Postby banknote » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:28 am

QH's Paw wrote:
banknote wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:
banknote wrote:

I wouldn't call them stiff. They give me better range f motion than my neoprenes do. Look up Kapt Kujo over on Ifish and PM him. He is always happy to show people around his his fab area in St Helens(the city). If you're familiar with St. Helens he is near the Armstrong fab not far from the waste management site. His name is Kim, you can call too. He'll have some already made up in his shop you can see for yourself and on the outside chance you are a standard size and don't want specialty boots, he could actually have some in the shop for you.

Here is his name and number.
Kim Johns
503-369-1862

Awesome, thanks. I'm moving out to Sauvie Island in a couple weeks so I'll definitely make a trip up to St Helens to check them out. I still think I'll get a pair of breathables, though. Leaning toward LaCrosse Swamp Fox based on a friend's review. I plan to do a lot of walking in them.
banknote

Postby QH's Paw » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:24 pm

Ed, maybe one day this season, we can get together for a hunt on SI WMA there. I'll wear the USIA waders and you can see for yourself what they look like and how they're made. :thumbsup:
QH's Paw

Postby banknote » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:29 pm

QH's Paw wrote:Ed, maybe one day this season, we can get together for a hunt on SI WMA there. I'll wear the USIA waders and you can see for yourself what they look like and how they're made. :thumbsup:

Sounds great Mike!
Also, I'll be seeing Randy tomorrow at Portland DU dinner and finally getting those skunk skins from him. What a saga! I should have sent Chris the extra $5 to have them mailed to me.
banknote

Postby QH's Paw » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:04 pm

banknote wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:Ed, maybe one day this season, we can get together for a hunt on SI WMA there. I'll wear the USIA waders and you can see for yourself what they look like and how they're made. :thumbsup:

Sounds great Mike!
Also, I'll be seeing Randy tomorrow at Portland DU dinner and finally getting those skunk skins from him. What a saga! I should have sent Chris the extra $5 to have them mailed to me.

Shit, you're kiddin me? You should've just met up with me near P-town. I work in Gresham eventhough I live near Rainier. I could've made some kind of arrangements.
I bet Randy's wife is loving it, considering all the smell is not out of the one hide. :lol:
QH's Paw

Postby ea oneal » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:21 pm

took some good advice and got me some from mr kim. nice guy! made mine with a rough boot tread .i was looking for a set of light wader,s to replace a set that was one season old ,tried all brand,s in the last 4-5 year,s none last in the places we hunt around lake charle.s la. shell,s sticker,s. saw grass,on and on .one call to usia, mr kim had em on the way not as hot as u might think .and as qh,paw sead tough as hell!!! kid,s all getten em now good product better people.
ea oneal

Return to Duck Hunting Gear Forum