USiA waders have earned an...

Duck hunting gear reviews and questions.

USiA waders have earned an...

Postby Redbeard » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:54 pm

...A- so far. Comfortable. I didn't sweat my balls off. Material dries fast. And I can't get over how well built they are.

Only negative, and it's kinda silly, but the material is very stiff and kinda loud when you walk or move. Maybe cause they're new. I'm hoping they'll break in a bit in that regard. Otherwise I'm happy as a pig in shit with em and would recommend em
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Re: USiA waders have earned an...

Postby QH's Paw » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:29 am

Best way to get rid of the noise is to do all your walking in chest deep water. :o
They're drysuit material covered in codura, I doubt they'll get quiet. But hey, at least they'll remind you to quit fidgetting so much in the blind. :lol:
QH's Paw

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:16 am

I haven't been able to get on their website for the last couple days, been trying to look into a pair.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby rebelp74 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:39 am

3legged_lab wrote:I haven't been able to get on their website for the last couple days, been trying to look into a pair.

Down for maintenance
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby Redbeard » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:17 am

3legged_lab wrote:I haven't been able to get on their website for the last couple days, been trying to look into a pair.
happened to me at one point and I googled em and found yet ha a facebook page. Get their phone number from it
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:12 pm

Redbeard wrote:
happened to me at one point and I googled em and found yet ha a facebook page. Get their phone number from it

I just wanted to read a little about their options and decide if I was going to return the breathables to cabelas or not.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby QH's Paw » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:21 pm

They've been making a lot of changes the past feww months. I have the owners number somewhere, if I can find it.
When I bought mine, they weren't offering as many options to add on as now. You can even add water proof zippers and different pocket options etc. They were only talking about that when I bought mine. I should mention, add ons are added on costs too. Tealer says he added on to a final price of $374 he went with zippered pockets and other add ons. So, it can add up.
QH's Paw

Postby Redbeard » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:59 am

QH's Paw wrote:

They've been making a lot of changes the past feww months. I have the owners number somewhere, if I can find it.
When I bought mine, they weren't offering as many options to add on as now. You can even add water proof zippers and different pocket options etc. They were only talking about that when I bought mine. I should mention, add ons are added on costs too. Tealer says he added on to a final price of $374 he went with zippered pockets and other add ons. So, it can add up.
yea I thought "oh cool" when I heard about the add ons. That's is until I did the math. Ended up just adding belt loops is all.

Wore em all day yesterday and loved em
Redbeard

Postby QH's Paw » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:16 am

Here's a review for you on USIA. I went out for a short while this morning, trying to get a few birds. Well, as luck would have it, I sprung a nleak in my USIA waders. I only lasted 1 1/2 hours with my wet foot and freezing temps.(the birds not cooperating didn't help me stay either). I swung by USIA before heading home and 10 minutes later they were fixed.
The leak I got is something you guys who recently bought waders will never see. I have a first generation set of waders and the cordura overlayment does not run the full length on the back of the legs like the waders they are making now. So. I have a spot on the inside of my legs that can rub bare drysuit against each other. It rubbed a small hole at the knee.
Anyway, my point is they stood behind their stuff.
I think I'll get a hold of the owner and see if they can cover the portion that is not covered but, it will have to wait until after the season.
QH's Paw

Postby Redbeard » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:48 am

Great and hear I am bragging about how great they are!
Redbeard

Postby QH's Paw » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:51 am

Hey Red, I wore my USIA waders for hunts in WY.

This second picture was taken shortly after I crossed a river chest deep. Would not have made it in my 5mm neoprenes.
All I did to hunt the extreme colds was add wool pants and long john.

QH's Paw

Postby Redbeard » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:41 am

QH's Paw wrote:Hey Red, I wore my USIA waders for hunts in WY.

This second picture was taken shortly after I crossed a river chest deep. Would not have made it in my 5mm neoprenes.
All I did to hunt the extreme colds was add wool pants and long john.

good testimonial. You won't need nothing but long johns under em here
Redbeard

Return to Duck Hunting Gear Forum