Duck Hunting Software

Duck hunting gear reviews and questions.

Duck Hunting Software

Postby K_Franklin_A » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:29 am

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. But i have been looking for some sort of software that i can map out where my duck blind are and be able to put if there have been ducks seen there and other things like that. Does something like that exist or can someone point me in the right direction please?
"Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons,thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me venison."
K_Franklin_A

Re: Duck Hunting Software

Postby AKPirate » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:34 am

K_Franklin_A wrote:Sorry if this is in the wrong place. But i have been looking for some sort of software that i can map out where my duck blind are and be able to put if there have been ducks seen there and other things like that. Does something like that exist or can someone point me in the right direction please?

Olly, the owner of the site, said he had some ways to do that. He will be back on tomorrow and should be able to help. Some other guys on here from the Midwest do that as well and will post up probably tomorrow. Welcome to WFF :welcome:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Tiler_J » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:54 am

You already welcomed him on Friday in the Oklahoma thread. How many times are you going to welcome new guys? It kind of creepy.

:lol:
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby AKPirate » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:56 am

Tiler_J wrote:You already welcomed him on Friday in the Oklahoma thread. How many times are you going to welcome new guys? It kind of creepy.

Welcome Tiller :welcome: Are you a farmer?
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:57 am

Tiler_J wrote:You already welcomed him on Friday in the Oklahoma thread. How many times are you going to welcome new guys? It kind of creepy.

Haha
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Tiler_J » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:02 am

AKPirate wrote:

No I'm not a farmer, I work on a small fishing boat. I get to steer! Thanks for the welcome.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:06 am

Tiler_J wrote:
AKPirate wrote:

No I'm not a farmer, I work on a small fishing boat. I get to steer! Thanks for the welcome.

Do you stand on the poopdeck?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Tiler_J » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:08 am

3legged_lab wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:
AKPirate wrote:

Do you stand on the poopdeck?

No, it's slick as shit up there.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:10 am

Tiler_J wrote:
AKPirate wrote:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386223828.677461.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Tiler_J » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:12 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:
AKPirate wrote:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386223828.677461.jpg

That's enough outa you!
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby AKPirate » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:14 am

If you do that on the Great Lakes out of Wisconsin, that sounds hideous.
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby K_Franklin_A » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:08 pm

I see we've gone off on somewhat of a tangent
"Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons,thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me venison."
K_Franklin_A

Postby Olly » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:24 pm

That happens around here. What are you looking to do as far as mapping? I'm big on using a GPS and maping out locations.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby K_Franklin_A » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:24 pm

A program that i can just look my land in detail and mark my blinds and possibly put out the decoy spread I used so I can take screenshots of my computer to record hunts with the wind and kill count if that was possible.
K_Franklin_A

Postby Olly » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:48 pm

Google Earth is what you want.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby K_Franklin_A » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:23 pm

Thank you
K_Franklin_A

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:56 pm

I know this sounds kinda cheesy, but if you have a smart phone look at the duck commander app. It is google earth only you can mark blinds on the map and write weather, notes, and kills for each hunt.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:02 pm

Or you could just use the satellite images on google maps and drop pins on blind locations
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:04 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Or you could just use the satellite images on google maps and drop pins on blind locations

Google maps doesn't allow you to create and save databases of track logs and way points.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:06 pm

That's true, and running in the swamps having a track to re-trace is crucial.

I just mark weed beds in 50-120 FOW
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:11 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:That's true, and running in the swamps having a track to re-trace is crucial.

This morning if I didn't have a pre-planned route that I created in Google Earth and then transfered to my GPS I would never have made it to my spot. The fog gave me less than 10ft of visibility and I navigated by GPS only.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:14 pm

Olly wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:That's true, and running in the swamps having a track to re-trace is crucial.

This morning if I didn't have a pre-planned route that I created in Google Earth and then transfered to my GPS I would never have made it to my spot. The fog gave me less than 10ft of visibility and I navigated by GPS only.

Did you ever write up how to do all this?
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:32 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
Olly wrote:

The easiest way, for computer dummies like me, is to run the track with your gps in optimal weather and save it.
All I ever needed though was just to save the waypoint, I'd find my way there sooner or later.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:20 pm

I use them reflective thumb tacks to mark places. Four tacks in a box pattern is a pretty good spot but the triangle place with all the feathers and shotguns shells floating is better.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:16 am

3legged_lab wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:
AKPirate wrote:

Do you stand on the poopdick?

Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby aunt betty » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:26 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
Olly wrote:

my GPS has a tracking feature.
I find a hole, mark it, drive back to launch and save the "track".
Later I can "backtrack" which is kind of what olly did I think.
aunt betty

Postby NuffDaddy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:26 pm

aunt betty wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:
Olly wrote:

But he makes the path on his computer before he ever goes there.
I do the same as you with my GPS. Makes for easy travel in open water in the dark. Find a rock free path in the light, then you don't have to worry in the dark.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:12 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
aunt betty wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:
Olly wrote:

But he makes the path on his computer before he ever goes there.
I do the same as you with my GPS. Makes for easy travel in open water in the dark. Find a rock free path in the light, then you don't have to worry in the dark.
You misunderstand...

Suppose you have cords for a duck hole and itś right over there 700 yards off in the timber. There is a little beaver run you must run your boat thru and it´s not marked. You show up and figure it out in the daylight, mark it, trac it on the gps and return in the darkness. THere is NO WAY on earth you can sit at home and lay a ¨path¨ thru timber that will get you to that hole in the darkness.

Look at the next picture I post. I will show you exactly where ducks do vertical take offs and landings. Then get Olly to tell you how to get there.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:16 pm

Image The trees...millions of them. Logs etc. Starting to get it yet?
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:17 pm

Right under my cursor is a hole.
aunt betty

Next

Return to Duck Hunting Gear Forum