Warm waders

Duck hunting gear reviews and questions.

Re: Warm waders

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:27 pm

triplecurl wrote:Just finished my 5th season with a pair of the Cabelas Super Mags and they started leaking towards the end of this season. A small portion of the seam tape came loose in the crotch. Would buy another pair in a heartbeat.

If I can get 3 problem free seasons I will be happy. Any after that is just bonus. My first pair of waders just finished their 4th season. At the beginning of the year the boot cracked on top at a seam. I goobered it up with silicone and 5200 and it got me through the season. But I need something new for this next year.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby RonE » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:28 pm

Take a girl with big tits and small morals hunting with you and quit worrying about waders.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:32 pm

RonE wrote:Take a girl with big tits and small morals hunting with you and quit worrying about waders.

That's what early goose is for. :-D
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:50 pm

The cable's 5mm neoprene are warm enough. 1600 means the boots are warm but the wader part is regular 5mm neoprene with armor coating or whatever. Save cash and get the low end 5mm ones. They have 600 gram thinsulate in the boots I think...plenty.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:55 pm

aunt betty wrote:The cable's 5mm neoprene are warm enough. 1600 means the boots are warm but the wader part is regular 5mm neoprene with armor coating or whatever. Save cash and get the low end 5mm ones. They have 600 gram thinsulate in the boots I think...plenty.

The boots is where I want the warmth. I spend a lot of hours in the late season standing in icy water. My last pair were 1200s and they weren't warm enough. I really thought hard about getting breathables, but no one makes a pair with warm boots.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby AKPirate » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:59 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
aunt betty wrote:The cable's 5mm neoprene are warm enough. 1600 means the boots are warm but the wader part is regular 5mm neoprene with armor coating or whatever. Save cash and get the low end 5mm ones. They have 600 gram thinsulate in the boots I think...plenty.

The boots is where I want the warmth. I spend a lot of hours in the late season standing in icy water. My last pair were 1200s and they weren't warm enough. I really thought hard about getting breathables, but no one makes a pair with warm boots.

Put some of these hand and toe warmers in the blind bag or emergency kit.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/grabber~b~1715/?afsrc=1&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=buy+grabber+foot+warmers&utm_campaign=G-I+Brands+Non&codes-processed=true
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:03 pm

AKPirate wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/grabber~b~1715/?afsrc=1&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=buy+grabber+foot+warmers&utm_campaign=G-I+Brands+Non&codes-processed=true

I use the hand Warner's all the time. I'm gonna try out the toe warmers though. Little pricey, but it's better than frozen feet.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby AKPirate » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:09 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
AKPirate wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

I use the hand Warner's all the time. I'm gonna try out the toe warmers though. Little pricey, but it's better than frozen feet.

If ya got no leaks in the current boats and its cold feet only below a certain temp a couple of days/weeks a year, toe warmers is a good choice.
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:15 pm

AKPirate wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
AKPirate wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

If ya got no leaks in the current boats and its cold feet only below a certain temp a couple of days/weeks a year, toe warmers is a good choice.

The right boot on my current pair are pretty well shot. Gonna try and patch them good enough for a spare or extra for someone.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Goldfish » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:39 am

Toe warmers (the 2 pack for a buck) work wonders. Stick them to my sock, put my heavy sock over that, and in the wader they stay warm. Put them on the top side of your foot and it won't get all hurty to walk on, and if your toes get cold, just lift them up.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby AKPirate » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:48 am

Goldfish wrote:Toe warmers (the 2 pack for a buck) work wonders. Stick them to my sock, put my heavy sock over that, and in the wader they stay warm. Put them on the top side of your foot and it won't get all hurty to walk on, and if your toes get cold, just lift them up.

It has to be really damn cold though but you can always take them off.
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:59 am

Either put them on top, or right at the ankle - where all the blood flows through to your foot. Makes a huge difference.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:12 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Either put them on top, or right at the ankle - where all the blood flows through to your foot. Makes a huge difference.
putting them on your ankle will keep your legs surprisingly warm too
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:14 am

It's all about circulation and keeping the blood warm
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby BrewGUN » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:09 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:It's all about circulation and keeping the blood warm

I learned a trick a while back with the smae thing on wrists, rubber band one around the bottom of your wrist and fingers wont get as cold as fast. even without gloves works pretty good.
BrewGUN

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:19 am

I do the opposite in the summer.

Run a cold hose on your wrists and see how quickly it cools you down.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby BrewGUN » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:52 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:I do the opposite in the summer.

Run a cold hose on your wrists and see how quickly it cools you down.

I just run and jump in grand traverse bay, elk lake, or torch lake. More fun! Helps to have floating noodle and beer in hand.
BrewGUN

Postby aunt betty » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:35 am

Handwarmers...
I wear shirts with two breast pockets. Two warmers near your armpits keep upper body warm by heat up the blood.
Put a warmer is each pants pocket. (Groin)
Put one in each glove too.

If you are still cold and suffering its probably a suck day for hunting and go home.
aunt betty

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:37 am

aunt betty wrote:Handwarmers...
I wear shirts with two breast pockets. Two warmers near your armpits keep upper body warm by heat up the blood.

If you are still cold and suffering its probably a suck day for hunting and go home.

Nothing gets cold but my feet. Anything below 40* and my feet started to get cold in my 1200s.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:39 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:

Nothing gets cold but my feet. Anything below 40* and my feet started to get cold in my 1200s.

Maybe when your testicles drop and manhood sets in, you'll be able to tolerate nearly freezing temperatures.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:27 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

Maybe when your testicles drop and manhood sets in, you'll be able to tolerate nearly freezing temperatures.

I tolerate it just fine, but when the temps get into the teens, then my feet get really cold. To where I can't feel my feet and start walking funny.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:22 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

I tolerate it just fine, but when the temps get into the teens, then my feet get really cold. To where I can't feel my feet and start talking funny.

19 degrees and you start talking funny? How hot does it got to be before u quit? :)

Fify
aunt betty

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:36 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

I tolerate it just fine, but when the temps get into the teens, then my feet get really cold. To where I can't feel my feet and start walking funny.

How do you hunt up there? You're describing georgia duck hunting weather. 40s and occasionally in the teens.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:44 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

How do you hunt up there? You're describing georgia duck hunting weather. 40s and occasionally in the teens.

Michigan doesn't start getting cold until December normally. 20-30s in the morning and 40-50 in the day for most of the season. You gotta remember out season ends around the end of November.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:14 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

Michigan doesn't start getting cold until December normally. 20-30s in the morning and 40-50 in the day for most of the season. You gotta remember out season ends around the end of November.
Can't we all just get along?

Fify
aunt betty

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:16 pm

aunt betty wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

Can't we all just get along?

Fify

You're losin it Betty
FlintRiverFowler

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:18 pm

Who isn't getting along?
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Duck Hunting Gear Forum